Achievement Guide and Roadmap

SideDish120

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to let you know that for the Hairdresser achievement, you can get the 5 headshots right in the beginning of the game when the guy is making his speech. There are 5 guys in the courtyard, and there's plenty of time to aim because you can't progress forward until all 5 are dead.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/433/-BsW5w==.jpgExporter 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Sell 5 vehicles to Derek at the dock.

I know that you can drop off the Hot Rod, & the 2 door convertibles to him, are there any other ones that can be used?

The Jefferson Provincial can also be exported for $1600. If you don't have one in your garage anymore, there are usually some around the park area.

I just wanted to let you know that for the Hairdresser achievement, you can get the 5 headshots right in the beginning of the game when the guy is making his speech. There are 5 guys in the courtyard, and there's plenty of time to aim because you can't progress forward until all 5 are dead.

i done this way because the other way in the guide means going through the level and if you miss the achievement at the guide spot then you have to go through it again.

Doing right at the beginning means quicker restarts.

Go for the one closest to you, then the one on the far left over by the sandbags, then the two by the big door left one first then right, it now leaves the guy backing up the stairs.

If you dont do it quick enough then one of the guys will get shot. its took me a couple of trys because the ones by the door i kept hitting in the shoulder but he was still dying.

This is just how i done this achievement and i thought id share.

Nearly there 1 achievement to go, wanted posters.

i also agree with the 'Hairdresser' cheevo - beginning of level 1 was perfect to get this - i started with the guy in the far back left first though as he usually retreated behind the sandbags if you missed him, then guy in the front right, 2 in the back middle - then back to the guy backing up the stairs

I got "Hard to Kill" today without using an armored truck on hard mode. In Chapter 4, after you robbed the shop and Joe escaped with the loot, you're left in an alley. Run out and lure a cop car into the alley, and then take cover behind the lone crate at the dead end. The police will get out of the car, but will be blocked by the door due to the narrow width of the alley. You can now go eat a sandwich or something for 10 minutes and come back to reap the 10G.

Edited by neeker75

I got "Hard to Kill" today without using an armored truck on hard mode. In Chapter 4, after you robbed the shop and Joe escaped with the loot, you're left in an alley. Run out and lure a cop car into the alley, and then take cover behind the lone cractek at the dead end. The police will get out of the car, but will be blocked by the door due to the narrow width of the alley. You can now go eat a sandwich or something for 10 minutes and come back to reap the 10G.

sweet, gonna try that.

Exporter 10

Sell 5 vehicles to Derek at the dock.

Derek only takes 2 door cars. The first time you drop a car off for him is a "Greaser" hot rod during. His docks are found at the bottom of the map. You will pull behind the building and see a ship with a platform. Drive the car onto the platform and exit your car. Get off the platform and it will be raised onto the ship counting as one car.

You can indeed sell the Jefferson Provincial for $1600, so that's an easy one.

East of the central park (west of the clothing store close at central park) is a parking lot which spawns a Lassiter Series 75 Hollywoods (it's a 4-door car and it's pretty long) either on the praking lot itself or next to the road close by and can be sold for about $2800.

Just drive back and forth 3 times (if you still had the Jefferson) and you're done.

Edited by Ryaden

Hi there! Thank you for this great guide Side Dish!

I have 1 quick and simple question that many of you could probably answer easily for me: Are the difficulty achievements in this game Mafia II stackable? (meaning, can I start the game on hard to get medium/easy difficulty achievement at the same time - to save time?) Thanks.

:confused:

Hi there! Thank you for this great guide Side Dish!

I have 1 quick and simple question that many of you could probably answer easily for me: Are the difficulty achievements in this game Mafia II stackable? (meaning, can I start the game on hard to get medium/easy difficulty achievement at the same time - to save time?) Thanks.

:confused:

They are indeed stackable. Play through on Hard and you'll get both achievements at the end of Chapter 15 :)

This worked beautifully for me - thanks for the tip.

I am not sure if this has been mentioned. I didn't feel like reading every post but it wasn't in the guide.

When playing on HARD also be aware that the timed missions go a lot faster, and I mean a lot. I remember only being able to make it (SPOILER)

Leone Galante's house with only a little tiny sliver of time on HARD. But when I was going back for the achievement on that mission I did it on easy and made it with half of the clock left.

Also a great way to get the melee achievement is to go down to the docks where Derek is and just run around right by his door and beat people up. They keep re-spawning and no cops come to bother you. I ended up being wanted but no cops ever came by. Also put it on easy. I finished up the last 10 I needed doing this in about 5 minutes.

For Hairdresser, I find that it's much easier to do it during Chapter 5, when you took control of the Buzzsaw. There are six enemies across the streets. Two of them will run into cover. Just headshot one of these two to net your first. The remaining four will stay put without moving, making them easy targets to aim headshots at.

The plus points for doing here IMO are:

1. enemies don't move around or take cover as much as Chapter 1 - no moving around walls, sandbags, whatever;

2. shorter distance between enemies and you, making it easier to aim;

3. the window you're shooting from only has space for one to aim and shoot, so your allies won't be killing enemies that you'd need to kill; and

4. if you fail to register the five headshots, simply retry mission and you'll start at the window with your gun right away.

Edited by neeker75

Also a great way to get the melee achievement is to go down to the docks where Derek is and just run around right by his door and beat people up. They keep re-spawning and no cops come to bother you. I ended up being wanted but no cops ever came by.

That's how I did it as well. People keep spawning in that area and it's away from the roads so the cops don't bother you, making it super easy.