Features You Want In Elder Scrolls V

Pariah1105

i think they should have something long the line of a drop in drop out feature for a co-op part in the game, but one where you take over your character and whatever equipment or items they have, and if not then at least some sort of trading/gift sending system like that of viva pinata so that friends can help each other out and trade.

Have anyone of the people who keeps asking for friking Co-op ever play a TES game??

Co-op so he can see your armor?? Trade system?? For what, the same fucking items?????

First, this series has a long time supporting fans who are hardcore RPG players that play this game years before release thanks to mod community. You put Co-op, you fuck mod community (How will one system recognize elements of the host or guest player world that are not existing in the other one??), and that for Bethesda is not a option to even think as we console gamers are not the real ones carrying over this series over the years (PC ones are in case someone is still wondering).

Secondly, the change to get a partner as "go to raids" will really fuck the concept of the awesome hero who get over his/her limits and get better to, against the odds, save the world ALL BY HIMSELF!!! And this is what all of the TES games are about, been you that hero. Also they will have to change lots of stuff like difficulty settings or ways to solve missions to fit into de Co-op feature, thus giving away some choices in a game about choices.

Thanks for Todd Howard and Pete Hines sanity, two of the main guys behind the saga, who say long time ago that Co-op is something far way for TES as for now it just don´t fit in.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have anyone of the people who keeps asking for friking Co-op ever play a TES game??

Co-op so he can see your armor?? Trade system?? For what, the same fucking items?????

First, this series has a long time supporting fans who are hardcore RPG players that play this game years before release thanks to mod community. You put Co-op, you fuck mod community (How will one system recognize elements of the host or guest player world that are not existing in the other one??), and that for Bethesda is not a option to even think as we console gamers are not the real ones carrying over this series over the years (PC ones are in case someone is still wondering).

Secondly, the change to get a partner as "go to raids" will really fuck the concept of the awesome hero who get over his/her limits and get better to, against the odds, save the world ALL BY HIMSELF!!! And this is what all of the TES games are about, been you that hero. Also they will have to change lots of stuff like difficulty settings or ways to solve missions to fit into de Co-op feature, thus giving away some choices in a game about choices.

Thanks for Todd Howard and Pete Hines sanity, two of the main guys behind the saga, who say long time ago that Co-op is something far way for TES as for now it just don´t fit in.

holy shit, someone needs to take a chill pill. :eek: all he said was that he would enjoy co-op with friends; a concept many players would enjoy, regardless if you're a "hardcore RPG fan".

holy shit, someone needs to take a chill pill. :eek: all he said was that he would enjoy co-op with friends; a concept many players would enjoy, regardless if you're a "hardcore RPG fan".

I don´t think I have insult anyone, am I?

And I didn´t refer exactly to the user I quote, but in general.

I get excited talking about this saga and maybe went to far, but still I don´t see any in my messages that can be consider an attack of rage. Not a "perro rabioso", no señor.

And that concept many players would enjoy can be enjoy in thousand of games. I don´t want their asking to much ended up in Bethesda saying "well, why not?" because then this unique game will be another one in the long list of games who falls in the not always smart movement of "attract more public".

Besides, most of my post is about the reason why that Co-op will just cut other stuff that are relevant for the franchise as years has come. Trust me, even when you will see some sporadic "fuck" or "shit" in my messages I´m a really calm person. The tone I´m using to say that words, obviously, can´t be reflected in writings, and my tone and attitude when writing that was more of a sad user than the hardcore gamer who hates other player I´m guessing you seems to have read.

• 2 weeks later...
Akimbo basically means duel wield so he/she wants to be able to hold two bows at the same time. Though the only way I could see that happening is if they introduce crossbows which would be really neat seeing as you'd be able to have a cross bow in one hand and something else in the other like I a shield or maybe a sword.

A lot of the stuff everyone is asking for has already been confirmed or denied. For instance, Levitation is not coming back, sorry. and they already confirmed they are getting rid of major skills.

I wasn't asking what it meant, I was making a play on words by mixing akimbo and bows. Sorry for the confusion.

• 2 months later...

I hope to see fewer load screens.

In Oblivion, it wasn't so bad if you were just doing the main quest or out exploring; but any time you went to work on the faction quests, the load screens would just become too much. Sometimes three or more for just one building.

And they were so bright!

No fun to be playing in a darkened room, crawling some spooky dungeon, activate a door, and BAMMM > a blinding load screen burning our your retinas.

I wasn't asking what it meant, I was making a play on words by mixing akimbo and bows. Sorry for the confusion.

I get it now, I was thrown off by the question mark. :p

but anyway I still think Crossbows would be a great addition to the game especially with the the whole dual wielding thing being a new feature to the game.

I hope to see fewer load screens.

In Oblivion, it wasn't so bad if you were just doing the main quest or out exploring; but any time you went to work on the faction quests, the load screens would just become too much. Sometimes three or more for just one building.

And they were so bright!

No fun to be playing in a darkened room, crawling some spooky dungeon, activate a door, and BAMMM > a blinding load screen burning our your retinas.

Thank you! Finally, a valid response! I loved playing Oblivion late at night in a dark room and hated the loading screen ruining the atmosphere. As for the amount of load screens for 1 building. Chorrol Mages and Fighters Guilds? Irritating.

They should make it to where you can remove everything from your inventory like in Morrowind. I hated having to scroll through tons of shit just to get to an item at the bottom of the list. I liked how it wasnt noob-proof in Morrowind. If you threw the wrong item away you were screwed. Thats the way it should be. i mean there are storage places for items. Why did I have to carry around the stupid keys and quest items if i wasnt going to the places, or doing those quests. And also, like in the 2nd post. Levitate, Mark, and Recall should be brought back. And making the Enchanting system useful again would be nice. It was awful in Oblivion. Everything you could make was so weak. You couldnt even enchant your own arrows. Sorry it kinda turned into a rant instead of suggestions, but thats just my opinion. :eek:

Thank you! Finally, a valid response! I loved playing Oblivion late at night in a dark room and hated the loading screen ruining the atmosphere. As for the amount of load screens for 1 building. Chorrol Mages and Fighters Guilds? Irritating.

its not like they can completely get rid of loading screens, it's pretty much impossible unless you want to get it on the PC and trick out your PC with all of the best equipment possible.

He never said he wanted no loading screens at all, just fewer than in Oblivion

That's what I want. Far to many in Oblivion, but technology is improving all the time. So should be fewer in Skyrim. The cities are walled off init, but the small towns are open plan, so no loading times to go into them.

But if I had the money, I would get a top of the line PC for it.

my new idea is to do with multiplayer

4 players max a tunnel with sections going down and about 800 floors every floor would be like a round of horde or nazi zombies and my new idea for cheevys is to have a points system where you get points for doing stuff and thers an ach every 100 or so points.

Fuck everything about this.

Why the hell would you want this?

I would love, more to explore dont get me wrong oblivion had plenty of roaming around i just want the map to be 2-3 time's bigger i love to explore, plus some creatures that there are only 1 or 2 of, so i could be roaming around in the woods and may come across a creature that is hard to find this way the next time you enter the woods this creature may have moved to the other side of the map, this will be fun as you could track down these creature's to see if you can beat them. i would allso

like a stupid amount of quest and long one's followed by weapons that are hard to find, I could be swimming and there at the bottom is a sword.

It's probably going to be smaller.

The land of Skyrim is smaller than Cyrodiil.

http://www.wealthyme.com/files/Elder_Scrolls_V/OldWorldMap.jpg

I would like to see a detailed weather system, it would be cool to spend one day walking through the landscape with the sun out and a gentle breeze, to find the next day overcast, raining and strong winds.

It wouldn't have any effect on gameplay, eg, firing arrows wouldn't become more diffcult during a storm, but considering how much time you spend travelling around the landscapes it would be a nice touch.

No co-op, only because given the scope of freedom i hear is going to be in Skyrim, as much as i would like to fight along side a friend, i don't want to have to follow them everywhere doing what they want to do. It would be different if Skyrim was a linear dungeon exploring game.

I agree with anything making Skyrim more like Morrowind than Oblivion. Dont get me wrong loved Oblivion but Morrowind was much much better.

My List:

1) Option to turn off that stupid quest marker. I believe its a spell now so good job.

2) Delete spells from my spell book. Seriously had hundreds in Oblivion.

3) Keyring!

4) Better AI. If you snipe a bandit next to another bandit, why would that bandit just stand there with his weapon out?

5) No unkillable people. I get why they did this but if I want to kill the King of Skyrim and risk losing all quests associated with him then that should be my choice.

I agree with anything making Skyrim more like Morrowind than Oblivion. Dont get me wrong loved Oblivion but Morrowind was much much better.

My List:

1) Option to turn off that stupid quest marker. I believe its a spell now so good job.

2) Delete spells from my spell book. Seriously had hundreds in Oblivion.

3) Keyring!

4) Better AI. If you snipe a bandit next to another bandit, why would that bandit just stand there with his weapon out?

5) No unkillable people. I get why they did this but if I want to kill the King of Skyrim and risk losing all quests associated with him then that should be my choice.

My replies:

1) Yes, I totally agree. Don't want my hand held for the duration.

2) I know what you mean, I had so many spells it was ridiculous, and then having to choose or find the right one was annoying.

3) YES! Was appreciated in Fallout, so hopefully in Skyrim.

4) Also, if you were hidden, they AI immediately knew exactly where you were hiding.

5) Being able to kill any NPC should be our choice, as when I went on a mission to destroy Cyrodiil of all living imhabitants, I had to leave some alone,as I could not kill them. If I can do it in Skyrim, the game world is going to be a lonely place mwahahahaha

I would like to see a detailed weather system, it would be cool to spend one day walking through the landscape with the sun out and a gentle breeze, to find the next day overcast, raining and strong winds.

It wouldn't have any effect on gameplay, eg, firing arrows wouldn't become more diffcult during a storm, but considering how much time you spend travelling around the landscapes it would be a nice touch.

I think I saw in one of the videos that the main developer dude (can't recall his name) said that there will be radiant weather along with radiant story. as he was going past snow covered boulders he said something along the lines 'these rocks here have radiant weather' so hopefully this means that there will be different weather effects throughout the game

It's probably going to be smaller.

The land of Skyrim is smaller than Cyrodiil.

http://www.wealthyme.com/files/Elder_Scrolls_V/OldWorldMap.jpg

Actually, Todd Howard has said that Skyrim is about the same size as oblivion, it just that it feels bigger because the world is way more detailed. I can't cite the source because I don't remember exactly which video I head it in, but I'm fairly certain it's in one of the E3 2011 interviews.