SPOILERS, Opinions, Commentary HERE

THE DEADLY DOG

Well I've gotta admit, this story from the first episode is very powerful. I don't know about ya'll but I loved Faith right from the first moment we met.

The character's personalities are amazing too and I'm having a ton of fun delving deep into why each Fable ticks the way they do.

Definite excitement for Episode 2.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I've gotta admit, this story from the first episode is very powerful. I don't know about ya'll but I loved Faith right from the first moment we met.

The character's personalities are amazing too and I'm having a ton of fun delving deep into why each Fable ticks the way they do.

Definite excitement for Episode 2.

I hear u man started out better then I thought it be. I like how they changed some of the combat to spice things up a bit, kinda like heavy rain almost. But yeah really want the next episode really badly.:dance:

I hear u man started out better then I thought it be. I like how they changed some of the combat to spice things up a bit, kinda like heavy rain almost. But yeah really want the next episode really badly.:dance:

The combat was much tougher than in the TWD. Love the change.

I enjoyed it quite a bit, and agree with you guys that the context parts were much tougher then the walking deads, but they also don't seem to matter as much, I messed up more then half of the Tweedle chase and still managed to finish the part. here's hoping they learned from TWD and will have each episode out on time with this one

I enjoyed it quite a bit, and agree with you guys that the context parts were much tougher then the walking deads, but they also don't seem to matter as much, I messed up more then half of the Tweedle chase and still managed to finish the part. here's hoping they learned from TWD and will have each episode out on time with this one

Ahh you are so right Yac. I messed up often in the fight sequences because I was thinking of the delay times we had in TWD. Damn even with all my mistakes I was able to "finish" the sequences. Huge step up in the gameplay for me though. I was definitely impressed.

I really enjoyed this first episode and I can't wait for more. I in no way saw what happened coming as I'm sure no one else really did either and that's what I loved about it.

I'm going to have to look into the stories that this is based off of now to hold me over till the next episode arises.

Most people wouldn't see it coming because it was billed as a prequel. If it was the end could never have happened so I wasn't really a fan of that, pretty cheap.

Overall it was good though.

I'm still mad about the killing of Snow.. Why her too?!

Lol no shit. Loved the blurbs at the top of the screen 'Snow will remember your trust in her'. Apparently she will remember it for all of another 10 minutes.

The guy in Trip Trap, he's Grendal eh? Wasn't 100% sure, just figured with Woody calling him Gren.

Edit: really hope TT fix the slowdowns. It took so much out of the action sequences.

Lol no shit. Loved the blurbs at the top of the screen 'Snow will remember your trust in her'. Apparently she will remember it for all of another 10 minutes.

The guy in Trip Trap, he's Grendal eh? Wasn't 100% sure, just figured with Woody calling him Gren.

Edit: really hope TT fix the slowdowns. It took so much out of the action sequences.

Or the Faith commentary was tragic as well. Lolol

Same. It has screwed me over a few times as it seems to have trouble reading the fact that I press a button prompt on time, yet, I somehow fail it.

Love everything about the game though - the art style, the soundtrack, the writing etc. I was enjoying it so much that the end scene of episode 1 gave me the chills. Bring on the next episode I say. In the mean time though, i'm just going to do a seperate save file and just be a real big bad wolf and just be an ass to everyone, see how it goes.

Just finished episode 1. The story is great and I will be getting each new episode the day it comes out. Based on the posts I've seen here all the players really seem to sympathize with the characters and that's pretty impressive given that the episode takes only an hour or two, tops.

I also agree with what a lot of people said about the action sequences. It can be frustrating because whether or not you get the button prompts correct, Bigsby will get smacked around or be put at a disadvantage but that's because it was supposed to happen story wise to make a dramatic fight. I thought I had lost both fights and the chase sequence and would have to load but I got to through each time OK. This makes it seem like doing well in the sequences doesn't have much of a consequence.

But same thing about Walking Dead, this game isn't about great puzzles or actions sequences, it's all about story and atmosphere which it does very, very well.

I'm still mad about the killing of Snow.. Why her too?!

Something about that doesn't feel right, im seeing some sort of twist with that. The fact the mirror couldn't show us Faith makes me wonder if shes really dead or if this is some kind of trick.

Something about that doesn't feel right, im seeing some sort of twist with that. The fact the mirror couldn't show us Faith makes me wonder if shes really dead or if this is some kind of trick.

Absolutely agree, and for that reason I am curious and addicted. Sold to another gamer lol!

I wish the game told me what what analog stick to press. I was hitting both the sticks to just be sure. Story was good though.

You know that's a great point I hadn't even thought of. You could really get stuck and get the short end of the stuck in any given action sequence because of that.

You know, that's totally something I could see. I mean, Woody survived an axe getting stuck in his brain and looked fine the next day. Who's to say a decapitation would truly kill a Fable. I can't remember what show/movie it was (Supernatural comes to mind first) they had said the only true way to kill a Fable was to have everyone stop believing in it. Never read the comics, so I don't know if the same rules apply, but it's an interesting theory.

Although, with the way everyone was acting, I'd say it's more likely the contrary. Snow, The Prince, and Faith are all dead. Any guesses on who did it? Personally, with them talking about a serial killing Fable, only one I can think of is The Headless Horseman.

I really love the idea of glamours covering the fable story characters... also it's like "growing up" since my childhood knew the characters from the fables and now my adulthood sees them cursing and killing each other. it's so awesome. If you don't have this game, then you are missing out a lot.