American mcgee's alice

v SnOwMaN v

• 2 weeks later...

I have just started Alice Madness Returns...

And well should i play American Mcgee's Alice first?

i have it, and i made it a little way through alice madness returns, up to where i got the pepper shaker? And so far it seems like all these characters have met before, which i am guessing happened in the first game... So will playing the first game introduce me to all these characters and what the hell is going on? Whats the first games story?

So will playing the first game introduce me to all these characters and what the hell is going on? Whats the first games story?

Quoting from TvTropes.org:

"Alice Liddell's family members are killed in a fire, of which she is the only survivor. The trauma leaves her mostly catatonic and suicidal, and she is institutionalized in Rutledge Asylum. Years later, the White Rabbit summons Alice to aid a radically altered Wonderland, now under the despotic rule of the Queen of Hearts. Alice must fight her way through the twisted dream world in an attempt to destroy the Queen and restore Wonderland to its former glory, and thus heal her mind."

to put it shortly.

yes, it is good.

At its time, it was very creative and unique and an unseen take on the Alice storyline. I was all like "holy shit" when I saw Chesire Cat for the first time. it's a pretty trippy game for sure, but for some reason I remember the Chess world being a pain in the ass. course its been like 10 years since i played AM'sA