Call to Arms Map Pack Announced

Craphex

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Gears of War: Judgment” Call to Arms Map Pack Introduces Three Maps and an Intense New Multiplayer Mode starting April 23

The second “Judgment” Map Pack explores the darker side of the “Gears” universe, with three bone-chilling maps, the new “Master at Arms” multiplayer mode and exclusive digital rewards

Microsoft and Epic Studios today announced the second expansion in the “[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0H2AG?tag=-10-15-20]Gears of War: Judgment[/ame]” multiplayer experience, the Call to Arms Map Pack, coming to [ame=http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Gears-of-War-Judgment-VIP-Pass/90f9f695-e298-4c2e-a611-6bcf3d892f1b]VIP Season Pass[/ame] holders on Tuesday, April 23 via Xbox LIVE, and available worldwide April 30. Developed by Epic Games and People Can Fly, the Call to Arms Map Pack brings players three new multiplayer maps, a brand-new mode called “Master at Arms,” and six armor and gun skins for customizing your characters and weapons.

Set against the backdrop of the Locust invasion of Halvo Bay, all three new maps provide a mix of close quarters and vertical combat, keeping Gearheads immersed in the action. The Call to Arms Map Pack provides 10 new Achievements worth a total of 250 Gamerscore.

For more information on the Call to Arms Map Pack, please visit the “Gears of War” community site epicgames.com/community. Full descriptions of the new maps and mode are below:

New Maps:

· Terminal: The speed and ferocity of the Locust invasion took Halvo Bay completely by surprise. Residents scrambled to evacuate by every means possible, and COG forces were called in to maintain order as martial law was enforced. However, the Locust showed no mercy, and gave no quarter; they swept through train terminals like this one to take advantage of the close quarters and sheer number of defenseless humans trapped within its walls. Sometimes, COG forces could hold the line long enough for a final evacuation, but too many lost their lives in defense of the people and the land they loved.

· Blood Drive: As casualties started to mount, the staff at Halvo Memorial quickly began what would become the largest triage effort in the history of Sera. Their “Give Blood Today” campaign inspired a global blood drive in support of COG forces and wounded civilians. Sadly, Halvo fell quickly, and the hospital became a battlefront instead of a sanctuary. The seed of hope was planted, however, and government-run Memorial hospitals across the country mobilized to keep the effort alive until Jacinto Memorial was the last standing bastion of hope for the people of Sera.

· Boneyard: The concept of traditional memorial services had to be suspended due to the constant stream and alarming volume of casualties as Sera fell victim to the Locust Horde. Memorial grounds quickly became boneyards. Unmarked holes became grave sites and mausoleums were filled with the nameless remains of the fallen, their skeletons piled into heaps. Tread lightly, you never know what, or who, you’re walking on, and one day you’re bound to join them.

The Call to Arms Map Pack will be available on Xbox LIVE for 1000 Microsoft Points. Players who purchase the “Gears of War: Judgment” VIP Season Pass will receive early access to map packs and a 25 percent savings versus purchasing them individually.

New Mode: “Master At Arms”

This new free-for-all game mode exclusive to “Gears of War: Judgment” will test the true range of your soldiering skills. The goal is to get a kill with each of the 20 different available weapons, without resorting to melee or grenade tactics. Every successful kill will automatically advance you to the next available weapon until you have used them all and proven your skill as a true Master at Arms.

For updates on “Gears of War: Judgment” and the “Gears” franchise, visit http://gearsofwar.xbox.com and follow the Epic team on Twitter and Facebook.

As excited as I really want to be for more content, a few of things have me truly scratching my head.

First of all, after all of the complaints about the tiny roster at launch, the lack of any characters in this pack is a pretty risky move on their part.

Second, I am not sure how I feel about a remake map being included in paid VIP content. I was really hoping any remakes would be included in a booster style pack like the last game. I would like to strictly see all new content in the paid VIP packs.

Last, I am curious as to why nothing was mentioned about Overrun. Are all of the maps non-Overrun? Trust me, I don't want Overrun to hog content, and definitely wish they would find a way to make the maps work for both modes, however, I would like to see at least one new map for this mode so that it can feel fresh again.

UPDATE: Apparently, (no official confirmation) based on some of the pictures released on Joystiq, the Terminal map may be for Overrun. Not sure why there is no statment about this in the official announcement, though.

I would also like to add that there are apparently 6 weapon and armor skins being added, and yet again no info in the official statement. No pics available yet either.

Blood Drive again? Am I the only one that wasn't that impressed by that map in Gears 2? I don't think it is an awful map, but there are plenty of other maps I'd bring back before Blood Drive. Also, does Boneyard's description make it sound a bit like Mausoleum from Gears 1 to anyone else? And another FFA mode? Great, and I'm sure some of the new achievements will be tied to it as well. *sigh*

Overall, I have to say I'm not terribly impressed by what I'm reading here. No new characters, just skins for our current characters and guns. A new gametype for my most hated mode, FFA. And the return of a map I personally find rather meh. Hopefully the second VIP DLC is a lot better than this. (Also, when are we going to get that free Overrun map?)

So an overrun map ill never use becuase that game mode is trash,an old map I fucking hate,skins I could care less about becuase it doesn't change gameplay..

So,so far for my 20 dollers spent on a season pass Iam getting a new map.

Awesome,so happy I spent the money.

When did DLC stop been about giving the fans extras that they want?

A lot of people have been crying out for Horde to return and instead they get this, a re-hash of a map that was part of free DLC in Gears one, a Re-hash of a Gears two map, one new map.

Possibly the worst idea I have ever seen for a game mode, one kill with each weapon, it's going to be next to impossible to win properly due to the cleaver,once you spawn with the clever you have lost, you're just going to constantly get gunned down without causing a scratch.

Some weapon skins, and some armor skins that ruin the team modes as it becomes difficult to tell who is what color with all the funky schemes dashing around.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one am fed up with been told what I want.

Edited by XxStuartxX 1990

Sounds great, (bit earlier than expected too since it'll only be about a month after launch) more maps and that new Locust armor skin looks great :D

Only one complaint from me- Epic has the choice to bring a real Capture the Flag gametype or a "Bomb gametype" and instead they give us Counter Strike's Gun Game. x_x *sigh*

The pricing's also weird :confused: 1k for a Gears DLC? Hmmmm...

Oh great, just great... in a sarcastic tone as Baird would say. Like i didn't got enough of this shitty freaking map that is Bloodrive in the 2 previous gears... One more thing to fuel my hated for GOW2... that introduced this piece of crap. About the other 2, wich one is recycled too? Seem like new maps to me...

As for Gun Game... huh master-at-arm...sorry(tssss) im not interested. Everything free for all dosen't interest me, as long as leaderboards will keep giving you a loss for everything that is not first place. Considering how good they are at copying games now, why can't they copy halo and give a win to the first half of the room(1 to 5) and a loss to position 6 to 10... Halo did it with lone wolf, the top 3 had a win.

Oh and you mention the cleaver is gonna be included in this... really? WOW... talk about some nonsense... i rather spawn with a pistol and no ammo instead and just bash... after all the whole game is made on that mechanic...

Possibly the worst idea I have ever seen for a game mode, one kill with each weapon, it's going to be next to impossible to win properly due to the cleaver,once you spawn with the clever you have lost, you're just going to constantly get gunned down without causing a scratch.

Why do you think the cleaver will be included?

Why do you think the cleaver will be included?

Because there is a scene of a cleaver wielding Baird in one of the DLC pictures. There is no cleaver in MP, so it lends itself to more than likely being a part of Master At Arms. Based on another picture, the Boltok makes a return for this mode as well.

EDIT: Here is the picture:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2013/04/gowj-blooddriveactionshot.jpg

And the picture featuring the Boltok:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2013/04/gowj-boneyardactionshot.jpg

Edited by ColdSpider72

I can see the cleaver as being the knife from Gun Game.

Actually, I see the cleaver being a much bigger pain in the ass over the knife. While swinging the cleaver, you are seriously vulnerable and can be seen from a mile away dragging it across the ground while running. And since it is so obvious that you are carrying it, most people with half a brain will stay out of CQC distance and just shoot you down. With the knife, you just run up and stab someone in the neck-dead.

Unlike most people here I am actually a fan of Blood Drive. No I do not camp. I usually rush the power weapon then go straight for enemy leader, assuming Im playing Guardian and am not leader. The FFA in this game is absolutely horrible. All it ever ends up being is a cluserfuck of grenades(not unlike the other gamemodes). So I don't see myself playing very many matches of Gun Game.

I think it would be a lot better idea for them to bring Guardian, Horde, and some other gamemodes with DBNO, 2 starting weapons, and Cog vs Locust.

i swear to god if they make an achievement for winning a Master-at-Arms game i'm gonna snap my disc my right then and there

Get ready to snap your disc then cause I'm sure there will be an achievement for it, as well as getting a kill with every weapon in one game.

I'm also pretty sure we will be able to do it in private matches, so I wouldn't sweat it just yet.