Driving Around and NOT Getting Shot to S**t

Ralph The Rogue

So my initial play time leads me to think this game has promise, BUT when moving around from area to area in a vehicle it's impossible to move around without being shot at constantly. So I just jump out of the car to do battle and end up shot or get myself run over. Is there a trick to driving through the checkpoints without everyone getting all hostile on you? It's seriously getting old and starting to sour me on the game. No way am I walking around from spot to spot, but that seems to be the best way to move and not get everyone aggro on me.

Help appreciated.

Nothing you can do, They will always try and kill you.

Heres what i normaly do when passing..

- Drive through as fast as possible, get far away then repair my car after.

- Jump out of car hide in a building and shoot whoever runs in.

- If i've not got a car i normaly snipe from a distance

Thats it really, If you dont like dieing be more carefull, Use a rocket launcher. Im not sure if other people do this but on most games i Always save my ammo, Like on GTA. i only use a handgun saving up the other guns ammo. Which i dont end up using in the end. On this game use the rockets :D Takes out cars easily and groups of people. Hide alot also and use health kits when you really do need them, Not just for one bar.

So my initial play time leads me to think this game has promise, BUT when moving around from area to area in a vehicle it's impossible to move around without being shot at constantly. So I just jump out of the car to do battle and end up shot or get myself run over. Is there a trick to driving through the checkpoints without everyone getting all hostile on you? It's seriously getting old and starting to sour me on the game. No way am I walking around from spot to spot, but that seems to be the best way to move and not get everyone aggro on me.

Help appreciated.

I feel your pain, dude. It blows. I haven't found a way around it. I'm just trying to finish the game as fast as possible.

(I've also noticed that the characters talk 5x faster than a normal human being and they don't stop at the end of a sentence. This annoys me quite a bit.)

I can't tell you how much I hate this as well. If it wasn't for me having to get out of the vehicle to shoot everyone down every single time I went through a checkpoint, I may have already progressed so much further in this game. I started a new game yesterday and after playing virtually all day, I'm almost done with the North territory completely.

This game could have been good but the huge open ended world is boring. The need to constantly get out of the car and kill random enemies bogs the game down and just makes even a short trip extremely painful. I did not know open ended meant long drive from point a to point with a million pointless stops in between.... i think i would have preferred a load screen.

This game could have been good but the huge open ended world is boring. The need to constantly get out of the car and kill random enemies bogs the game down and just makes even a short trip extremely painful. I did not know open ended meant long drive from point a to point with a million pointless stops in between.... i think i would have preferred a load screen.

Yeah, you think they could have made more bus stops! Like at least one in every sqare kilometer! That is bull!

Awww c'mon guys be fair. Imagine how boring the game would be if you were able to blend in with your brothers and just do as you please.

There's a reason why you're given the vehicles available and the choice of day/night, and not just because it's Africa.

The best tip to avoid any confrontations is to simply go OFF ROAD - which is what jeeps and 4x4s are designed for. Find a route around the checkpoints or better yet, jump out and stealth it past and then hijack another vehicle.

If you must go gung ho, then do as already suggested and press A and hit those mothers with the mouted gun.

I found it very satisfying to perch outside a checkpoint day or night and with the dart rifle take out enemies undetected without ever raising the alarm or being shot at. Then casually breezing into their camp to steal one of their vehicles.

it seems nobody is bothering to actually think this through.

while the constantly re-spawning guard posts do get annoying (they respawn a little too fast for my liking), would you honestly go into a guard station head first? half the fun of the game is scoping out your area and setting yourself up in a great position to make the kills. or did everyone forget the tutorial mission in the beginning?

and i always try to have an armed vehicle, or grenades. both is better and more fun. that's why it's good to unlock safe houses whenever you can. almost always an armored vehicle there.

EDIT: i should add that i'm not far in, but having a good time

Edited by sweenish182

If you hate getting shot at take the bus. When you arrive at the spot close's to where you need to be at take a route that not close to the road. There shouldn't be any guys in the jungle or out in the plain.

Help appreciated.

I do 1 of 2 things:

Hit A to jump to the gunner seat, which someone suggested earlier.

Or

I jump out of my vehicle and either use the front or back of it as cover depending where the vehicle chasing me is coming from. That way they can't run me over. Then I mow 'em down with my Uzi.

This was one of the reasons I had a hard time getting into the game back when I first bought it. I'd go through tons of crap collecting diamonds and unlocking safe points only to get run over by some truck and die. Then, being in the rush I was, I never saved and would have to do it all over again. I really wish an auto-save feature or a save from the pause menu was available. I hate having to trek to a safe house just to save. (Sigh)

Oh well, I've gotten use to after sitting down and playing the game for the last week. I'm really into it now and glad I finally committed the time to play.

I beat the game on Infamous without driving shit. 140%+ accuracy stat (used mostly machete) never got shit from any guard posts I just crept by...and not always in the dead of night.

Unless you're some ADHD gobshite, not using vehicles isn't a problem.

Also, camo suit is your friend.

Using the rivers is also a good idea. I actually found this annoying the respawning guard posts but you kinda get used to it. Can't fault this game graphically, one of the best there is.

True also. I swimming and using the smaller, faster boats (less so in the south, waters are more dangerous I found) is another way to stay safe.

The game is what you make of it and I made a hell of a good game out of it.

That is also what annoys me about this game, when I need a laugh I put one of the remote bombs on the top of my car. So when I am nearing a check point I just jump out and watch the car roll into the checkpoint and watch the guards come over to check it out. Then I blow up the car haha, there another one usually lying around anyway.

When you have the upgraded safehouse jeep with the mounted Grenade launcher you can drive around with that, slow down at a checkpoint and mount the launcher...blow the shit out of everything and drive on. I just did this on a friend's profile but he was playing on Hard so it might be a little risky on Infamous.

this is possibly the most irritating part of the singleplayer except the fact that you have to drive everywhere nearly all the time which leads to this problem.... =[ i don't find the fact that they are always attacking you being the main problem but that once you kill those that attacked more and more seem to appear from nowhere