The Official x360a Graveyard

Minty

mine was on the gears of war 2 opening night...at 1230ish when i got home, BLAM!! the rings of death.

its currently waiting a nice and shiny box to be shipped in...

not to mention that this is its 2nd time going to the box...to get fixed

lol i called him....francis....i was playing avatar..lol...and then it happened...RIP Francis...

Edited by cardinalswin

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My xbox has failed me 3 times this year. A disc drive faliure, which was replaced by a modder from Portland's colorful meth district, a red ring in September, and now a combination of off and on red rings, as well as no video output.

I checked multiple cables, multiple TVs, but no video. Since I bought this in the summer of '06, anything not red ring related is out of warranty, it might be time to let go. I'll send it in and see what happens, but my xbox may end up spending the rest of its days in a hell on earth called the suburbs of Dallas

My xbox has failed me 3 times this year. A disc drive faliure, which was replaced by a modder from Portland's colorful meth district, a red ring in September, and now a combination of off and on red rings, as well as no video output.

I checked multiple cables, multiple TVs, but no video. Since I bought this in the summer of '06, anything not red ring related is out of warranty, it might be time to let go. I'll send it in and see what happens, but my xbox may end up spending the rest of its days in a hell on earth called the suburbs of Dallas

Sounds like GPU failure mate, there'll be an E74 coming very soon. :mad:

I'm currently on my FOURTH X-Box 360. Here's how it all went down:

Xbox360 Sr died when I came home from work to MYSTERIOUSLY find it on. My little cousin just recently found out I had it because my mother opened her big trap. I think she let him in to play it, left it on with my a/c off and fried it. Shipped for repairs 1 day after Bioshock hit stores.

Xbox360 Jr entered my life when Sr was pronounced DOA. This one did not work right at all, period, fromt he start. I had to smack the top of it just to get it to open the drive, and some games (like Bioshock and Rock Band) it had a hard time reading. Called customer support and was lied to as far as service went, so I let it go. In June it quit reading discs period, and my fiance lent me $200 to buy a used 360.

Enter XBox 360 III, who lasted 18 days before succumbing to the RRoD. Thank god I kept that receipt!

So far I'm using XBox 360 IV, but already I'm having problems. Same thing as Jr, but it doesn't have any problems reading the disc, just have to tap the top of it to open the drive. I hope nothing is wrong with this guy while Jr is packed and waiting for be sent for repairs...

i got RRoD 3 times in 2 weeks.

M$ wouldn't collect it, said i had to phone UPS, UPS said i had to phone M$ and i just lost it.

Throwing xbox out of window and then hitting it with hammer, and then taking a chisel to the case...it didn't get the burial it deserved.

Now i've got a cheap arcade with the old chrome drive cover from my Pro.

my first one died after playing cod4 for like 8 hours straight. i tore the system apart and did the x-clamp repair (no warranty) and it worked great for another few months till it died once again after a long cod4 binge.

bought a used system and it died that same week.

got my money back and bought a brand new arcade model and its been going strong ever since. (although now im addicted to cod:waw so maybe itll happen again)

Halo 3 Console

Born 7-30-2007

Purchased 9-30-2008

Died 11-19-2008

Died from: Lower right red bar aka E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. If the cable is known to be working then there is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU.

I tried the original a/v cable and also a monster hdmi cable...so it must be the scaler chip

Edited by nawtbird

Good-bye console 4 or maybe 5. Sorry I don't have much to say about you. You were not nearly as close to me as the last. You suck I just got this netflix up and running and there you go running off to Mesquite,TX. The last 1 took only like 20 days but they had requested the power cord and then forgot to send me one back which took another week and a half but they did'nt want the cord this time. Time to dust off the Wii.

:rant::rant::boomMy 4th one is now dying...I won't replace it. I'm fed up with microsoft BS. I had an original xbox last for more than 5 years with no problem. I have a ps3 that I find myself playing more and more. I think it's a shame that microsoft took something as great as the 360, slapped it together haphazardly and took my money for it. This would be the second repair I have to pay for, as its not the red rings. It just freezes all the time, even with brand new games. so when it does finally shit the bed, I'm going to crush it up into tiny bits, and mail it back to microsoft and tell them to stick it in there ass...Enough is enough. as long as we as consumers accept these inferior goods, they'll keep pumping them out. I sent xbox live support an email pretty much telling them the same thing, except I was limited to 500 characters....

t