175 or 203w on your power cord?

Romowens

The 175W Xbox 360's are equipped with the 65nm Chipset, while the older, larger 90nm Chipset is set at 203W.

When purchasing a 360, look at the Barcode sticker on the outside box. It'll state either 175W or 203W. Beware, as retailers would love to push you their older 360's to clear inventory.

Thanx don't really know what that means but I knew something was different.This is the deal I bought a new arcade 360 because my pro died for the 2nd time(disc drive) Anyway a guy that works for me told me he would buy mine(either one) and I keep the harddrive. Which 1 should I give him? The pro has the 203w on the brick andthe arcade has 175.

Thanx don't really know what that means but I knew something was different.This is the deal I bought a new arcade 360 because my pro died for the 2nd time(disc drive) Anyway a guy that works for me told me he would buy mine(either one) and I keep the harddrive. Which 1 should I give him? The pro has the 203w on the brick andthe arcade has 175.

Sell him your old Pro and keep the new Arcade.;)

I've got the 203. I've had mine since '06. Is there any real difference in performance?

Performance-wise...not so much.

With a smaller chip, it takes less power to run it. The 65nm "Falcon" Chipset produces less heat and noise compared to the older 90nm Chipset.

The Elites are a different breed of species. They're built slightly different with Cooling Tubes and a Heatsink attached to the GPU, but pretty much all 360's now have a Heatsink attached to the GPU.

As for the new 60GB Xbox 360's, the Memory Chips have been moved from the bottom of the board. That should make that part of the console less hot. This was the spark of the "Jasper" Chipset rumors. Jasper is consist of a smaller 65nm graphics card and smaller memory chips compared to Falcon.

I have an elite with the 203w power brick. Ive heard that you can't always tell what processor you have from the power brick you have because the 203 will run a falcon but not sure if that's true or not.

All Power Bricks work the same, regardless of what chipset your 360 is equipped with. However, MS has recommended me to run the specified brick, for certain consoles. The best thing to do is to always check the box where the Barcode is located at. That's the biggest indication on which chipset your 360 may have.

All Power Bricks work the same, regardless of what chipset your 360 is equipped with. However, MS has recommended me to run the specified brick, for certain consoles. The best thing to do is to always check the box where the Barcode is located at. That's the biggest indication on which chipset your 360 may have.

It's good to see someone on here who knows what he's talking about ;)

Nice and technical,I love it.

1 quick thing before I move on: 90mn chipset consoles (Xenon/Zephyrs) aren't compatible with the new PSU's, they don't plug into the back of the console (On Falcons).. So really you'd best be using the power pack you're meant to be using on the cosnole. It's the other way around as well, the new PSU for the Falcon doesn't fit into a Zephyr or Xenon.