Achievement Guide

pacokorn77

So, you're saying you only picked up 5 items? That's asides from the weapons you end up getting, such as the M4 and the such, as well as armor that's story related, right?

Yeah sorry, I totally forgot about the (standard) weapons and armor.

I picked up the pistol, MP40, M4 and m60 and the armor and its speed upgrade. However, I only picked up 2 of the 4 armor upgrades in the end. Triple jump and hook shot. Didn't pick up any armor plating upgrades.

Edited by lacke

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minimalist : 10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Complete the game with less than 13% of items

Just like Completionist, but the complete opposite. You must collect under 13% of items, or less than 15 items. You read that right, 15 items. It’s unconfirmed whether or not your completion percentage must be less than or equal to 13%. In other words, we don’t know yet if you’re completion percentage can read 13% and still get it, despite the description reading “less than.”

Just like Metroid or Castlevania, there will be times where the game forces you into collecting an upgrade. Do not worry about this, just snag it.

As to what items are recommended/required for a game completion is yet to be determined, so keep an eye out for a detailed guide, or even better, a map. I won't be making such a thing for them; I will make a link here to that guide.

Key tip: Do NOT go out of your way to collect an item. If it’s not in your way, ignore it. This could easily be the most difficult achievement.

I can confirm that you can indeed have 13% on the dot but be care full thought.(i had 13% all the way to the last Boss and then when i was jumping over a certain area i got the collectable and it still said 13% so i completed Game and it said i had 14% and then i just dashoboard and reloaded it again and i went back to 13%.

Here the Hint on getting 13%

Dont Collect and Health Upgrade, ect. Just get the suit upgrade only and nothing else then when you get to the part where your force to get the Gold Bar just get it and dont worry. Then after that you evenally need to collect 5 suit pieces get the all expect the Helmet and the Gun(dont get these) Just go to the last ! to where it leads you to the last Boss that it.

One good tip for earning XP is to play on Insane whenever you are full on health, and especially when "exploring" (going places for the first time)...xp goes up at a nice clip on insane as you go square to square, and if you hit a snag (a fight a little too hard) simply hit start/ change diff/ normal (or casual...I stick to normal to keep getting SOME xp!). My brother and I played the same amount of time, he is at 50% map, on Normal, at lvl 10, I am at 36% map, mostly Insane, and am lvl 16. Boss fights also get crazy xp on Insane, and if there is a save just prior, only takes a couple of tries.

As for Proving Grounds, I saw it as more of an expanded Tutorial (if you do the tutorial it wraps right into the packs), and teaching you techniques and "tricks" to the game, more than challenge levels you needed to play the game to master. I think the 3rd pack is a little tricky no matter when you do it!

Minimalist is confusing the hell out of me.

I just completed the game with 14%. I got the needed stuff besides for the gold bar you need to get.

When you say skip helm and gun, can you give a bit more detail. Is the helm what allow you to breathe underwater, and which gun? The final one (shotgun) like weapon. I tried to avoid it but the damn thing forced me to get that... looking back at it, the gun put me at 13% and had I known to go to the lake I would have been able to avoid it.

I also believe it put me at 14%... so theoretically you can have every single part of the suit (including the helm) so long as you do not pick up the final rifle.

.::STORY::.

The collectible in question is in the yellow box. According to their legend, this is a passkey. There are no destructible areas around it, so I assume it is in the elevator shaft above the elevator itself. There is a way underneath the elevator to bring to the ground floor, but the only way that I can see to get back to the top is to traverse across the lake above. Problem is, get too far in the game, and you won't be able to traverse the lake, due to the final boss battle. So it seems you should clear out the purple area before getting to far ahead of yourself to be on the safe side. And no, I do not have this one myself. If anyone knows how to get it without going across the lake, please let me know.

I'll try my best to explain this one myself. You do NOT actually have to go all the way around to get this passkey, you don't even have to leave the elevator shaft. However you come to it, you need the elevator to be on the bottom and then get underneath of it. Ride it up from underneath and then shoot out the two vents on the sides. Still hanging on to the bottom of the elevator, start it going down and immediately let go to drop and hang onto one of the two vents just below where you are. Climb into whichever vent you fall on and let the elevator pass by, climb out and ride the elevator to the top. There is then a decent length of tunnel to climb through but you can get to it easily enough. If you take the same route back then it's the same idea, instead you'll start the elevator going up and then climb back into a vent and let the elevator pass by.

Good Luck

I'll try my best to explain this one myself. You do NOT actually have to go all the way around to get this passkey, you don't even have to leave the elevator shaft. However you come to it, you need the elevator to be on the bottom and then get underneath of it. Ride it up from underneath and then shoot out the two vents on the sides. Still hanging on to the bottom of the elevator, start it going down and immediately let go to drop and hang onto one of the two vents just below where you are. Climb into whichever vent you fall on and let the elevator pass by, climb out and ride the elevator to the top. There is then a decent length of tunnel to climb through but you can get to it easily enough. If you take the same route back then it's the same idea, instead you'll start the elevator going up and then climb back into a vent and let the elevator pass by.

Good Luck

yeah I thought it was pretty easy to figure out, I cant believe people actually went all the way around lol

Just finished Minimalist at 11%. Here are all the items I got by the end of the game.

INVENTORY

WEAPONS

-Climbing Gear

-CLD Thrust Pack

-Omega Armor XOS-7

-SCHCA Mask

-Friction Dampener

EQUIPMENT

-Flashlight

-WSAR60 Coil Rifle

-Grenade

-Missile

-Foam

PICKUPS

Health Upgrades 0/8

Armor Upgrades 0/8

Grenade Packs 1/30

Foam Packs 1/20

Missile Packs 1/20

Gold Bars 1/12

Passkeys 0/12

When you check your screens, this is what you should have if you wanna be safe and beat it at 11%.

This may be repeating another post, sorry (haven't read the full thread).

Bomba Punta is boostable. Get to a save point, preferably with nearby Bombas. Let the game save, go out, punt the bomba (if it's on a wall, shoot it down), return to save point to save your game. Pause and Load Last Save. Rinse and repeat.

This can also be done for Lets Get Punchy and My Head A-splode.

Obviously these is an easy achievement to do legit anyway, but, easy to boost. You may also be able to get to Level 50 doing this (by putting the game on insane), would take a very long time though.

Edited by Apexeus

Just finished Minimalist at 11%. Here are all the items I got by the end of the game.

PICKUPS

Health Upgrades 0/8

Armor Upgrades 0/8

Grenade Packs 1/30

Foam Packs 1/20

Missile Packs 1/20

Gold Bars 1/12

Passkeys 0/12

When you check your screens, this is what you should have if you wanna be safe and beat it at 11%.

So I take it you could pick up an additional 2 items, e.g one health and armor pack?

* Level 20 -- Full Map Unlock: The entire game map is revealed, including all secrets.

* Level 30 -- Unlimited Foam Ammo: Gives players unlimited foam ammunition in their current (and all subsequent) runs of Shadow Complex. Ammo must be acquired for bonus to take effect.

* Level 40 -- Unlimited Grenades: Player gets unlimited grenades in their current (and all subsequent) runs of Shadow Complex. Grenades must be acquired for bonus to take effect.

* Level 50 -- Unlimited Missile Ammo: Player gets unlimited missile ammo in their current (and all subsequent) runs of Shadow Complex. Missiles must be acquired for bonus to take effect. Hitting level 50 also unlocks an achievement.

*Grab all 12 bars and get gold plated weapons. This also allows you to get upgraded weapons when you start a newgame+.

That's been posted by others. So, getting to level 50 first will make it easier. You don't start with them, you need to find the spot to get the item, or find a canister pick-up for them to get them in a new game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/pacokorn77/Untitled2.png

The collectible in question is in the yellow box. According to their legend, this is a passkey. There are no destructible areas around it, so I assume it is in the elevator shaft above the elevator itself. There is a way underneath the elevator to bring to the ground floor, but the only way that I can see to get back to the top is to traverse across the lake above. Problem is, get too far in the game, and you won't be able to traverse the lake, due to the final boss battle. So it seems you should clear out the purple area before getting to far ahead of yourself to be on the safe side. And no, I do not have this one myself. If anyone knows how to get it without going across the lake, please let me know.

I don't know if this has been posted yet (don't feel like reading the whole thread) but all you have to do to get that item is take the elevator to the bottom floor, shoot through the floor, crawl through the vents, and ride the elevator up to the top while hanging from it. To get on top of it, ride it up to the top floor first, then use the foam to break either of the two purple spots below you. Tell the elevator to go down, then quickly drop down and climb into the vent you just opened. Wait for the elevator to pass, and ta-da! You're above it now.

I got the hook and the tripple jump wihch landed me on 13%. although it says under 13%, you can have 13% and get the minimlist achievement! ;)

i got to the end of the game. but i don't see a new game+ option to carry my stats over?

i clicked new game and i started with just a flashlight :(

Edited by russian box

One thing worth noting for "Completionist" is that if you start the game on Insane mode (perhaps hardcore too, although I'm not sure), the map will NOT show any ?'s regardless of whether you lower the difficulty.

If you want to play Insane for leveling up, as well as get completionist, start the game on normal and then change the setting while in game.

EDIT: Actually I have learned that the map will display ?'s based on the difficulty you restart at. For further clarification I will give 2 examples.

Example 1: You are playing on insane mode and die. After restarting you lower the difficulty, the map will still display like it would if you were on Insane. (No map icons)

Example 2: You were playing on insane mode, then switch to normal and die. After restarting the map will not display ?'s as well as other labels to help the player. (Map icons)

Edited by Trips