Achievement Unlocking Question (Do i need all 3/4 games?)

Emo185

Do i need all 3/4 Lips games in order to unlock majority of achievements.

For example get 50 / 200 Combos & Play 10 songs in FREESTYLE achievements, for these achievements would i definately need to be playing Lips: No.1 Hits or can they be unlocked in the original LIPS? - as it doesnt state on XBL Dashboard which game it has to be unlocked in?

i know for some of the achievements it states songs and game, so id assume it would have to be unlocked on that game but what about the other more "mainstream achievements"?

reason i ask, is ive played over 10 freestyle songs in normal lips, but nothing has unlocked =(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yes you need all Games (except the German only Game Version) Some of the Achievements can bee done in a other Version but you need to start the game at last once to unlock the permission to unlock the Achievements.

But in fact: you need all!

Completely not true. You should check the facts before stating something like this.

I only have the original Lips and Lips: I Love the 80s and I've done almost all of the possible achievements. I haven't had any other games from the series. Ever. At the moment I have only 6 achievements left to accomplish. Only three of those are out of my reach as they specifically require Party Classics (it says so in the description). The remaining 3 are just medals and "Superstar" Grand Ranking. I definitely have received most of achievements which appeared with Party Classics and Number One Hits.

The key here is the game engine. Four games in the series use two different game engines. Some of the achievements require a specific engine. For example, you can't get the import achievement in the later games, as you have to play songs off a connected device without adding those songs to your library. The import option is gone altogether. The freestyle achievement is specific to the newer game engine, the games with that engine have a separate "Freestyle Mode" selectable from the main menu, unlike the original Lips, where all songs can be played only from the song library. This explains why you couldn't get the Freestyle achievement in the original Lips.

Edited by NeverwinterMoon