RROD death question

dudecrazy108

So I got my new system back about a week ago only to have it just red ring on me. So I am on the phone with microsoft and I unplug the intercooler only to have it fall apart with a bunch of wires. So they are sending me a box. Anyway how long do you think it will last and how long will it last without a intercooler?

I would NOT use it at all. I repeat; AT ALL.

The box will get to you in about 3-7 days, depending on where you live in accordance to Indiana (Where they do repair and other things). After that, just depends on how fast you get your console to them. When they get it, they can usually repair it within a week, so in its entirety, I think the whole unfortunate experience should last about 14 days (Average).

Edited by UCB Disco

I would NOT use it at all. I repeat; AT ALL.

The box will get to you in about 3-7 days, depending on where you live in accordance to Indiana (Where they do repair and other things). After that, just depends on how fast you get your console to them. When they get it, they can usually repair it within a week, so in its entirety, I think the whole unfortunate experience should last about 14 days (Average).

Ok why should I not use it. I live around Chicago so how fast will it get here. Also about the intercooler when I get a new one should I buy another intercooler or go without one.

In some rare cases, people have no problems with using the Intercooler. My experience however was different. Since the Intercooler uses power from the 360, that alone makes your console work harder. The design of it wasn't great either. It's cheaply made, as I have taken apart one.

I would always stand against using the Intercooler, as it killed my 2nd 360. I say you're better off without it.

The intercooler I had plugged in the back of my box and it ran all the time that it was on. Well 1 day my 360 quits working and I go through the steps with MS support(unplugging wires and disconnecting HD) and when i go to unhook the intercooler out of the back it was melted in the plug, it took 4ever to get it out. Anyway in my anger and shock over what happened(it could have caught fire if it got that hot) I told the MS support person what happened and they were like "UUhhh you can't use 3rd party attachments like that it voids the warranty. Sorry thanks 4 calling" and hung up. This was about 2 yrs ago and the only reason i used it was because I thought it would help against RROD. I would have been better off getting them. So be careful.

The intercooler I had plugged in the back of my box and it ran all the time that it was on. Well 1 day my 360 quits working and I go through the steps with MS support(unplugging wires and disconnecting HD) and when i go to unhook the intercooler out of the back it was melted in the plug, it took 4ever to get it out. Anyway in my anger and shock over what happened(it could have caught fire if it got that hot) I told the MS support person what happened and they were like "UUhhh you can't use 3rd party attachments like that it voids the warranty. Sorry thanks 4 calling" and hung up. This was about 2 yrs ago and the only reason i used it was because I thought it would help against RROD. I would have been better off getting them. So be careful.

That's what happened to my 2nd 360. The Intercooler literally fried the back of my console.

I called MS, but I didn't tell them I used the Intercooler.;)