Achievement Discussion

L3giOn

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this piece of text on ign.com;

At our session's end, we checked out some of the Achievements built into the game. You get some for hacking a turret, hacking a security bot, fully upgrading weapons, completing sections of the game, and specializing in plasmid use. Then there are some peculiar entries, such as the Wrench King achievement which requires you finish the entire game using the only the wrench and plasmids. There's another that only unlocks after you finish the game without triggering security systems. That sounds really hard, to say the least, especially considering how much firepower you have to throw at Big Daddies, and makes us curious how long the game actually is. Regardless, BioShock is very impressive so far. We can't wait for more.

Considering the achievements I think the game would be pretty short or the achievements are gonna be VERY time consuming... I can't wait to play this game!

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

ya 25 hours doesnt seem long enough. i personally hope there is a mix of hard achievements(for longevity) and easy achievements(to keep me intrested) I think the achievements like the wrentch one make people want to play through the game multiple times trying something new each time. Im SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!

I really like the achievement list. The "achievement preview" that IGN gave was really misleading, I thought all the achievements would be a combo of weird and hard, but they're all over the board. Lots of achievements for "first time" things, some achievements for "repetition", some are challenges, some look like they might take multiple play throughs. I want to know what the secret achievements are for this game more than any other actually. I noticed the Wrench King achievement isn't a public one, but I don't think it's the secret 100G one.

I'm sure the 100 point secret achievement will be for not triggering any of the security systems. Since during IGN's review said that the security drones were of great use it would actually hinder you and cause even more problems for you to not take advantage of the security areas and get "caught." But we will never know until we start unlocking them ourselves. Also, I'm sure the Wrench King achievement will only be one of the 30 point achievements... or it could always be the 100 pointer. It depends on how tough the game actually is.

im not happy that there are a lot of secret achievements though, i know that there is only like 10 but i was thinking that there should only be like 5 or something. I know beating it on hard is going to be really hard but since the hole game is single player i think they should be some fun achievements in here. By the looks of it though there are no COG tags:p:woop::woop:, but i am wondering how many different Audio diaryies there are though?

7-10 hours are fine for a single player only game that is going to force you to go back to get most of the achievements. And I don't care if it risks 100 points, I'm harvesting all the little sisters I can. It's probably the secret 100-pointer anyway.

Does anyone know what the 'research' achievements are about, there is one that says you need to take research photos, so will research be like taking some snapshots of enemies a la Dead Rising?

There is a long list even if they aren't as varied as in other games, not too many story progression ones unless they are secret.

Does anyone know what the 'research' achievements are about, there is one that says you need to take research photos, so will research be like taking some snapshots of enemies a la Dead Rising?

From what I've read it appears to be the case.

Bulletwitch has a 1 pointer for beating it on the highest difficulty, so it wouldn't be out of the question to do such a thing.

If the secret achievements are story related then they probably want to keep it more secretive than other games have done. Or maybe they have some for beating x number of y enemies, 100 big daddies anyone?

the 100 point secret one cant be harvest all little sisters because a 40 point one right after beat on hard is harvest or rescue all little sisters lol (dealt with every little sister)

I hate my life. Sort of. 40 points is at least rewarding. The 100 pointer is probably something stupid, then, like play for 100 hours.

Zef might actually be on to something... killing 100 big daddies or something along those lines would definitely be challenging... but if you are to kill every little sister then by default you must encounter and kill a Big Daddy. Unless if you're somehow able to kill the little sister and run away from the Big Daddy which from the videos seems to be either impossible or hard as hell.

Although I don't doubt that the 100 point secret achievement will be challenging, it won't be to kill 100 big daddies since they're basically optional bosses and I think there are only about a dozen in the game. In fact, I doubt that the achievement has anything to do with the big daddies/little sisters at all since so many of the public achievements have to deal with them. It's probably going to be something really out there though (maybe a la Crackdown: upgrade everything. Tracks, weapons, Tonic, etc.)

I bet something extra happens if you harvest all the Little Sisters.

And so then that will probably be the extra 100 point achievement. As when I was reading up, some guy wants you to harvest them all to save his family or some sort. My memory is fuzzy.

I bet if you do, then he uses all the power to do something crazy and you must beat him (or something of the sort)...

Just a guess!