Maybe not underrated but surely underplayed

Romowens

Nearing the end of Conan I was thinking about how enjoyable and addictive this game was. Though rated around a flat 7.0 or less depending on where you look it sure has kept me occupied every chance I get. The graphics.... well not a big wow there but the very well-endowed maidens help with that. Seriously this game could have looked better on the original Xbox. The story wasn't the most in depth but it was exactly the type needed for the game. The voice acting was laughable but at least I was laughing and the last I checked laughing did mean I was amused. Conan is a hack and slash through and through and while it won't quite threaten DMC4 and Ninja Gaiden with innovation and visuals I'm satisfied with my $21.50 purchase. Conan was definitely a success in my book and even though it had a 7.0, rightfully so for said reasons above, a 7 is exactly what you need.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm the odd one out then.

Its not that I didnt like it, its just that I got no enjoyment out of it really. Just playing for the hell of it.

bosses were pretty lame, most seemed ridiculously impossible at first but once you knew what to do, they were just too easy.

Just about to finish the game on hard and Im not gonna bother going through a second time for achievements, I really cant be bothered, which is pretty rare for me.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was screaming this game was overrated to everyone i knew a year ago. I do dare say its underrated, not just underplayed. Its like playing a old NES game but with on a 360, so pretty much a NES game on steroids. Noticed this game was 10$ alost everywhere i go. Viking is alot like this game too so i would suggest that game if you liked Conan.

This game is complete and utter shit. It's as if the developers didn't even bother to play it. There's bugs everywhere and it's not even fun. I remember entering an arena with some enemies and I wanted to get into this corner and I couldn't. There was an invisible wall there. It was pathetic. I mean, I can understand putting that in a corner that the camera is in (and don't even get me started on the camera) so the player isn't stuck underneath.. but this was in the direction the camera was facing, across the room. The corner just sitting there, plain as day, and you can't even walk to it. Just lazy.

Another time there was a cutscene of those birds flying around as the camera pans around them. When I took control again there was this horrible feedback noise that filled all my speakers. I quit the game and had to reload as I couldn't get it to go away. What the hell was it?

During the octopus level I was killing all the oilmen to get the kill Achievements. Sure enough, the crewmen started to get "stuck" around the ship and the octopus ignored them. Before long I only had one crewman left to be converted into an oilman over and over again.

Boobs and violent dismembering aside, this is one of the worst games I've played on the 360. Right next to Eragon. And I only paid $7 for it.

Edit: Here's a new one. On the first level with the pirates, after the tutorial, I was saving A'kanna's men and set one free, which was suppose to trigger a cutscene of a pirate bringing a lift up to my level so I could advance. Apparently I missed a pirate and set the crewman free and the cutscene never triggered. Meaning I couldn't advance in the level and had to restart.

Edit Edit: LOL, here's a new one for you. I was fighting the Bone Cleaver in Argos in I beat his first phase but he killed me right as I was pressing B, which appeared above his head. The game reloaded and put me right back where I was, against his second phase. Only problem was he wasn't taking damage. Yes, somehow him killing me right as I beat his first phase caused the game to make him invincible. Just another example of why this is the poorest developed game of all time. They obviously knew this, as you can use cheats and still unlock Achievements. Hurray for lazy developers!

Edit Edit Edit: HAHAAH. Here's another bug for ya. While doing the firestorm magic attack, an enemy did one of those attacks that slows the game down right as I activated the magic spell. The game went into slow-mo and stayed in it, until I quit out. This game is so poorly made it's laughable.

Edited by Ry Fryy

• 4 weeks later...

Had loads of fun, I loved the voice work, modeling was pretty nice in my opinion. Everything looked pretty good in my eyes, the only glitches that really bother me, are when it affects you negatively, and in the battle with Graven, I was obviously far away from him, but was still somehow damaged when he did a swipe. Same thing happened but in reverse, which made me smile. One thing I love is the fact they keep giving you more health every time you die, which made me happy, because I don't want to be playing the same moment again and again, no matter what the game. Bosses were cool, except for the witch, I thought she was kind lame, but if I had to guess what a serpent sorceress looked like, it'd be something like that.

Reading all your posts is really bringing a smile to my face. I had so much fun playing this game...it was so stupid but fantastic in the same way.

The way he drinks the urns of wine...yells next after decapitating someone... The game was amazing and clearly not the best action game for the console...it kept me much more interested than Devil May Cry ever did.