Pinball Preferences

Skititlez

What are your preferences? What camera angles do you prefer the most? Does it vary by table?

Do you use the :rs:/:ls: to launch the ball or :abut:?

Do you use :rbbut:/:lbbut: or :rtbut:/:ltbut: for the flippers?

I use the triggers for the flippers, but I tend to hit them too hard and start to hurt my fingers after long sessions. So I go to the bumpers and sometimes get better scores with them. I'm learning that the bumpers feel less precise, but you can nail the same ramps each time with them with ease.

I used to use camera angle 6 and 1w, but now I just use 1 on most tables..

I always use RS to launch the ball (gotta go for those skill shots), and the triggers for flippers. My angles vary between 1 and 3, depending on the table.

Have you ever tried the bumpers? I'm curious since, as I said, I want to get better with them, but don't know if they're viable or not.

Stick for skill shot, A otherwise.

6 or 1w depending on the mood. I still haven't found a good view that strikes a balance between seeing the table and allowing for aim.

Usually the triggers, but I had a problem early on where I wouldn't release the trigger quickly enough, so a mid-table flipper would still be up and deflect the ball. Bumpers seem "snappier" for a quick shoot and release.

Now I just wish there was a preference to use the new flipper sound (Paranormal, Ms Splosion Man) on all the tables.

I actually find View 5 to be my favourite. I find it to be the best for seeing the ball, aiming shots, and seeing most of the table. Since the camera doesn't follow the ball directly, you can always see the flippers. To me it seems like a person moving there head up and down to look at the table, like you would in real life.

Holy shit, you can change the view? How?! I use the RS to launch the ball, it feels more interactive that way. I use the triggers for the flippers, and yeah, after long session the tip of my left finger will hurt a little. :p

X cycles the views. Hold it down to freeze the game and look around freely with the LS. Useful to get a feel for the table and see those targets in the back.

I can't handle any of the moving camera views so far, but maybe I can get used to #5.

Have you ever tried the bumpers? I'm curious since, as I said, I want to get better with them, but don't know if they're viable or not.

I just tried the bumpers on a run of Paranormal, and they did seem to control better...I was able to hit the Jersey Devil shots easier, and actually got the 5pt cheever using them. Think I'll test them out more on other tables.

I tend to use the trigger on pad. I have played this a number of times with my hori arcade stick as the buttons are much better than the triggers or bumpers. It would be nice if this game had a custom config option. The only downside with the stick is that you can't tilt. The thing is that the trigger and bumper are the least responsive buttons on the pad.

I just tried the bumpers on a run of Paranormal, and they did seem to control better...I was able to hit the Jersey Devil shots easier, and actually got the 5pt cheever using them. Think I'll test them out more on other tables.

That's the thing. I can nail some ramps a lot more often with the bumpers than with the triggers and vice-versa. For example, when you have to hit the Jersey Devil, I will use the bumpers, but for other parts of the table, I'll use the triggers. It's hard to explain, but I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from.

• 2 weeks later...

I use:

View 6 (or4) on every table,

Launch with :abut: button, if I go for skillshots, then :rs:,

Nudge with :ls:,

Flippers: :rbbut:/:lbbut:

Never knew the buttons are called ''bumpers'' http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/images/smilies/rofl.gif

|

v

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK_-qPYz9SWogtKiTpgFDTm_o0u-2_yvsUxLBb7pA3Wnfxjaa-

Edited by Oskari

I use camera 1 on everything full stop. I need to see the whole table and I don't like being too close to it. And I hate the ones that move around.

I use a combination triggers and bumpers as well, depending on the situation. Not sure why I do this, it's just what my fingers fall in line to do.

I use right stick to launch unless I'm playing Earth Defense and then I use A to shoot that robot in his head.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I play using 5 pretty much all the time. altho i do like 6.

I use triggers, tried lb n rb and i'm not a fan. I'm used to the slight delay with pulling the trigger i think.

And i alway use RS now for skill shot/launch

And you gotta love LS for those death saves:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Depending on the table view 1 or 1w are the best views. Although on certain tables views 5 or 6 where ramps and bumpers are quite obstructed by the scenery.

I am a little annoyed by the control configuration. I do not like not being able to configure my pad fully to my personal layout. Ideally for me I would have the shoulder pad keys RB and LB as my nudge buttons. In pinball on an arcade machine you can normally nudge a table to the left and right before tilting it. Unfortunately with this game our only option is the single nudge which comes configured as LS or the Dpad arrow down. The Dpad down arrow is my choice because of the way I grip my pad when I play, this isn't ideal though. I normally launch with A occansionally with RS when a skillshot is needed, although I find I can make the same skillshot as easily with the A launch.

My biggest concern is the way the scoring works, it registers as saved it shows your new scores of wizard, super, and table score. Then upon leaving the table you assume the score is recorded. However if you exit to your dash your scores aren't saved. This can happen quite easily from a long session becoming disconnected from LIVE and then reconnecting.

Edited by Shabba