The Quick and Easy 50/200/400 Arcade List

jorax

First off, a thanks to those who came before me (and for those who contribute to this day): LilMissRoxy, PerpetualHeaven, Corrupt., jackanape, XBOX ISAAC82, and of course Creech.

I've started from scratch here by going through every published guide/roadmap on this site and building a list that meets these criteria:

• Achievement Difficulty is 5/10 or lower
  • Time for Completion is Under 15 hours
  • All games on this list are for Xbox 360 only, with a few exceptions
  • 2 Special Categories live at the bottom of the list: Delisted (no longer on the marketplace) games, and Disc-only games which still count as "Arcade"
  • It is expected that the time estimates below represent completing the game using all possible assistance - guides, roadmaps, walkthroughs, youtube videos, etc. Do not expect to complete these games "blind" in the time listed.

For some fantastic lists for Windows Phone and Windows 8, please check out these threads by XBOX ISAAC82:

If you would like to contribute or debate any games on this list, feel free. I will be checking this thread regularly and updating as I get more information from guides, roadmaps, and the community (you!).

KEY:

(B): Requires boosting

(K): Requires Kinect

(MC): Requires Multiple Controllers

(DLC): Requires downloadable content to fully complete

50/200/400: Current maximum Gamerscore available

LATEST UPDATES:

4/28/2015: Added to Under 5: Kinect Sports Gems: Darts vs Zombies, Removed: Tales from the Borderlands (it will have 1000 points once all DLC is out)

2/23/2015: Added to 5-15: Skullgirls (which was moved from delisted section as it came back at some point). Moved Jojo's Bizarre Adventure from 5-15 to Delisted

12/16/2014: Removed: Wrecked: Revenge Revisited (guide/roadmap was verified as incorrect on both difficulty and time)

12/2/2014: Added to Under 5: Tales from the Borderlands (360)

10/23/2014: Added to Under 5: TMNT Training Lair, Voice Studios (360). Added to 5-15: Abyss Odyssey, Anna - Extended Edition, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Valiant Hearts: The Great War.

5/19/2014: Added to 5-15: Child of Light, Super Time Force

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under 5 Hours:

Edited by jorax

* Under 5 Hours Continued *

Edited by jorax

* Between 5 and 15 Hours Continued *

Edited by jorax

* Between 5 and 15 Hours Continued *

Edited by jorax

Quick Delisted Arcade Games:

This list will include games no longer on the marketplace. It will only include games which if you have access to (via your download history or a friend's Xbox who owns them) you can still complete. Therefore titles like the Live Draft Tracker won't be included since you can never get 200/200 due to the draft service no longer being in operation.

Edited by jorax

Quick Arcade Games available ONLY on Disc:

This list is for games that show up as Arcade titles, yet can not be purchased on Xbox Live. These included a few titles sold by Burger King and some stand-alone Rock Band track packs. Check ebay or your local used game store for these hard to find titles.

Edited by jorax

While it is still being worked on, please consider the thread now open for discussion. I've posted a new under 5 hour list that includes a few new entries that folks have suggested (and a few I dug up on my own). I'm still working on the 5-15 hour list, delisted quick game list, and quick arcade-on-disc lists (i.e. Poketbike Racer).

Also, I EXPECT that I've made a few slip-ups on pasting in URLs, forgetting (B) or other notes, etc. Please let me know if you spot any and I'll get them fixed!

I would suggest requesting at least one additional post inserted in. An "update" post like the old thread would be good, letting readers know when new games have been added, etc.

Otherwise, great thread, hopefully you will keep it updated!

Thanks for the feedback! The first post has an update log, but I've made it more obvious and put the newest ones on top (rather than the other way around)

I definitely plan to stay on top of this list as similar lists have been a big help to me in the past and my goal is to pass on similar assistance!

As for the rest, I agree that everyone who uses this list will never completely agree on all games and their placement. I'll add another item to the "rules" section that mentions the expectation is that the below times represent when using a guide, just to clear that up.

I just went back through and finished Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man far faster than I thought I would (I was 11/12 for years and didn't think I had the skill for "Impossible" in each). I won't say it was easy, but after watching a youtube video and trying about 10x on each game I was able to get these, and I consider myself an average skill gamer (albeit with more patience than most). I also don't have the last Limbo achievement and after trying the Crazy Box mode in Crazy Taxi really question that 5/10 listing - mainly due to the Xbox controller making crazy boosts so difficult compared to what I recall from previous versions. I'm still not moving any of these at this point, but I will say I'm keeping an eye on feedback here regarding them. Thanks for contributing to the discussion here, I expect as more people find this list and weigh in I'll need to make some adjustments.

@OP : Have you also considered The Secret of Monkey Island? I don't understand why there is only the second opus that I can see. Maybe I just don't see it :p Also, shouldn't Sam & Max 1 and 2 be under 5 hours?

Monkey Island 2 is listed under 5 hours, while Monkey Island 1 and both Sam & Max games are in the 5-15 section.

..also the names for the Monkey Island games are definitely inconsistent though. I may fix that later.

I really believe those 3 should be in the "Under 5 hours" section, because they can be done under 5 (with a complete guide that will do everything for you, of course).

I'll look into bumping them up to the < 5 hour list. I have them all completed and don't recall them being too taxing w/ a guide, but really don't recall the time I invested. Thanks!

I'll look into bumping them up to the < 5 hour list. I have them all completed and don't recall them being too taxing w/ a guide, but really don't recall the time I invested. Thanks!

All three can be completed in under 5 hours with a good guide. Monkey Island has an achievement for doing the game in under 3 hours, so it is practically a requirement.

No worries! At least you are in the ballpark, unlike that one guy suggesting retail games earlier in the thread ;). Maybe I should add "360" to the thread name to eliminate confusion. What do you think jackanape?

The thread name is fine (now) as I assume there will be no further confusion. I've deleted all of the posts that have been dealt with too and the ones that weren't really adding anything constructive to the thread (mine included).

They were only soft deleted though, so if you need anything bringing back then just let me know. Cheers.

Edited by jackanape

Good list.

Battlestar Galactica (200), Yaris (200), Double Dragon (200), Defender (200), Marble Blast Ultra (250), Joust (200) and Robotron 2084 (200) were also delisted, to name a few...

There's a lot more listed in the New Unachievable thread.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy

I see what you're saying. Yaris (if it weren't for one achievement) and Marble Ultra Blast (with practice) maybe, and Defender (if you have a boosting partner). As most of these are older games, there's no roadmap with the guides.

I used to be awesome at Defender when I played it at the pizza place when I was younger, but somehow it doesn't play the same as it used to. If then was now, I would definitely have 100% in it. I found that true with a lot of XBLA titles.

Maybe I spoke too soon. My apologies. :)