Offline Leveling Question

After recently purchasing Red Dead Redemption, I decided to play offline without any title updates because, according to a friend of mine, the title updates significantly decrease the amount of XP one could earn while grinding at Armadillo's Twin Rocks gang hideout. I have been grinding in System Link Free Roam: currently, I am at level 31.

However, I have grown concerned that my rank may be reset upon my downloading the title updates. Will my rank be reset if I download the title updates? Can I import my offline rank to an online game?

I would appreciate clarity, thank you.

well your friend dicked you because it resets as the road map says:

"Do not use the offline XP boosting methods. If you remove the patches and earn XP offline in a private free roam or via System Link, your multiplayer ranks and experience will be rest once you re-install the patches to go online."

I'm wondering if he hits level 50 like this offline, would he still get the achievement?

ya thats what im thinking, dont even connect to XBL and download the updates untill you get to 50. although leveling up in private free roam is simple anyway, pikes basin can earn you an easy 2K Xp each time. i didnt play this game before the update, but i heard twin rocks was worth way more and such. leveling up isnt as hard as people make it out to be, it just takes alot of time grinding :p

Will my rank be reset if I download the title updates? Can I import my offline rank to an online game?

Whether or not you have downloaded the updates pre or post your leveling spree as soon as you do it will get reset, so no, no way to keep your level if you level up offline then go online. As to whether you get the achievement i will let someone who has done that answer that one.

I'm assuming the OP wants to get a time stamp (especially for a multiplayer achievement) so that's why he's concerned if his rank will be reset upon downloading the latest updates.

As you're only at level 31, you may as well download the title update and restart from there. Grab a buddy or two and do Pike's Basin or play some competitive multiplayer matches (recommended); especially during these experience events.