Achievement Guide

cra

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, just to make things clear: If I play through the game, then go to the mission replays, it'll take my best attempt at the mission and upgrade the final score?

Yes. The game will upgrade your best hit on every subscore and finally increase your Overall Completion Score (the score for beating the game) accordingly, but it won't do this on your every mission's completion score.(In other words, for each specific mission, you have to get a higher score to overwrite the former one.)

With plasma shield, it becomes more possible.:)

If you don't have that, yet, no problem, you can also rely on Reload and Ninja Vision, plus the LV5 Stonerender (Moonlight). Basic rule -- Got hit? Reload.

Before Kanbe uses his shield, you can pretty much rush to him, press and hold X to perform the most powerful attack with your Stonerender. You better do all this while your Ninja Vision is on.

The last phase of Kanbe can also be dealt with by this way. Switch to your Ninja Blade, rush to him, attack once (his shield is now breached), switch to Stonerender, open Ninja Vision, press and hold X then release. Do this twice or thrice and he is toasted. Use Wind Shuriken and Ninja Blade (LT + X) to deal with the bats and shadows in between.

Note: You don't need to charge your attack when performing the Stonerender X movement. Release X as soon as you see Ken has his stance ready (to pull off a shockwave). Also make sure your BLADE hit Kanbe, not only the shockwave, to ensure maximum damage. If you have adrenaline boost, you can finish the mission faster and safer.

just a quick question. I beat Mission 1 on Hard, then I played it again on Normal. will the game credit me for beating it on Hard? Oh and if I play through a mission until the final boss on normal and then change the difficulty to hard, will the game credit me beating it on hard?

just a quick question. I beat Mission 1 on Hard, then I played it again on Normal. will the game credit me for beating it on Hard?

Definitely yes.

Oh and if I play through a mission until the final boss on normal and then change the difficulty to hard, will the game credit me beating it on hard?

No one as I have heard has ever tried. You can be the first one if you don't mind.:)

Definitely yes.

No one as I have heard has ever tried. You can be the first one if you don't mind.:)

Thanks. Im not sure I would want to play through this game 3 times. Im only borrowing it. also does anyone know how to keep track of what levels have been beaten on which difficulty?

Can you still unlock the specific mission based achievements in easy mode?

I didn't try myself, but I think the answer is Yes.

Thanks. Im not sure I would want to play through this game 3 times. Im only borrowing it. also does anyone know how to keep track of what levels have been beaten on which difficulty?

You can check the difficulty you are playing anytime during the game. Just pause the game, go to Settings, and there you go. Default is Normal, and difficulty achievements are stackable.

Definitely yes.

I didn't try myself, but I think the answer is Yes.

You can check the difficulty you are playing anytime during the game. Just pause the game, go to Settings, and there you go. Default is Normal, and difficulty achievements are stackable.

Yeah my game default is set to Hard so its auto set to that, but what I meant is can I check a level to see if I got credit for beating it on hard, or do I have to beat the entire game to find out?

• 2 weeks later...
A Perfect 10 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg

Achieve 20 "Perfect" button presses in a row during a Quick Time Event

Not so hard as it may sound at first, after you get some pratice, you easily do perfects and excellents. I know that the description says 10 in row but at the moment you have to do 20! and it has been confirmed by multiple fellow gamers.

The moment for "Perfect" is when the outer ring is the same as the whole Button Image displayed. If you have played Lost Odyssey you know what I mean.

The first 6 inputs are:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/x.pnghttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/x.png http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/y.pnghttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/y.png http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/a.pnghttp://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/misc/a.png

2*2 Flying Demons, Dodge against Pox Giant

If you get these 6 perfects, battle the Pox Giant. Let yourself grab 14 more times and the achievement will pop up. Or do the whole 20times with the grabs, but you will need 1-2 first aid sprays to survive it.

This must have been patched, as I definitely only did ten in a row. I stuffed up the first Y at the beginning of mission one (so there's no way perfects carried over from the previous mission), and then only got grabbed by the Pox Giant seven times before it unlocked.

well i subscribed the forum, but sometimes i don't feel like answering every question 20times ;) did this already on NG2 and i haven't updated the guide so far, because i was lazy although i knew that this has been patched. but since the method still works on getting it, i thought nobody feels troubled :)

concerning that i moved on, yeah definitly. during the last weeks i managed to complete all (SP) achievements on my games with one game per week and i am really glad that i finished ninja blade a long time ago and won't touch it even longer again^^

but if advice is needed or some question comes up, which is new i will answer it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so if I beat the game on normal completly, and now Im going back and playing all the missions on hard now, will I get credit for beating it on hard? Also now I have to start a new save file in order to get the a+ achievement and the outfit , health bar etc achievement?

so if I beat the game on normal completly, and now Im going back and playing all the missions on hard now, will I get credit for beating it on hard? Also now I have to start a new save file in order to get the a+ achievement and the outfit , health bar etc achievement?

1)Yes. Replaying each mission on Hard unlocks the achievement for beating Hard.

2) No. You don't need to start a new file, just REPLAY all the missions you have played (in mission selection screen). That way you can still have all your collectibles and upgrades, otherwise you will have to start from scratch again.