What does this file mean?

Red Eyes Metal

I dunno if anyone can help here, but it seems I keep getting this little "file" that keeps poppin up every now and again, and it's kinda of annoying when I'm doing something like watching a film.

The name of the file is k3dfvgkT.exe, and it seems to appear when Internet Explorer starts running, but the issue with that is I don't use IE, only Google Chrome. IE just pops out of nowhere.

Can anyone help?

I dunno if anyone can help here, but it seems I keep getting this little "file" that keeps poppin up every now and again, and it's kinda of annoying when I'm doing something like watching a film.

The name of the file is k3dfvgkT.exe, and it seems to appear when Internet Explorer starts running, but the issue with that is I don't use IE, only Google Chrome. IE just pops out of nowhere.

Can anyone help?

Have you tried running a Virus scan?I have tried searching the file to see if there's any information on it but nothing has come up.

Can anyone help?

I'd say that you computer has an infection of some sort, as it sounds like k3dfvgkT.exe is trying to auto run IE.

Best thing to do is put you computer into safe mode and then try virus scanning.

If the problem still persists try d/ling HiJackThis, run the program and post the log on there forums for help.

• 2 weeks later...