• Assassin's Creed III
    • I love them all.
    • I hate them all.
    • I've never played Assassin's Creed.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorites are 2 and Brotherhood. The Desmond sequences annoyed me too much in Revelations, although I did like the heavier focus on Ezio and Altair vs Desmond.

2 is probably gonna get a lot of love in this thread

Those and the Den Defences sucked. My only gripes with it. If those didn't exist, Revelations would be my favorite.

EDIT: Let's not forget those dumbass full sync objectives!

Edited by Slaughter.

This might not come as a surprise from me but..try GTA ? :dance:

I tried so desperately hard to get into part IV a few years ago... I just couldn't. I can't see part V making that big of a difference, but I'll certainly give it a shot a year or two from now when it's like $10 :D

Also, sorry for the off topic. To rectify, I will say that Black Flag looks pretty neat, even though I'm not one for swashbuckling gaming.

Honestly, I don't know what you're smoking if you say anything but AC2.

Best soundtrack of any game ever created (in my opinion - Ezio's Family has been my favorite song since I was 12), near flawless gameplay and in my opinion the most fluid free-running, and a compelling storyline. Achievements were actually a joy to earn and the puzzles were challenging but explored the lore properly for the first time.

Now that the praise for 2 is out of the way, here's my reasons why the others were not the best:

AC: B: Another fluid game running off of the same exact engine AC2 utilized, improved visuals and a similar soundtrack. A nice sequal that included multiplayer for the first time. A few welcomed innovations to AC2's formula, but definitely didn't stray as far as it could; if Ubisoft had gave it the proper 3 years of development time 2 had, it would have been on par with 2. However... basically AC2.5

AC: R: Ezio embarks to a new environment, which is a nice change. However, Jesper Kyd's soundtrack is muted, and forced. Not his best work; instead, Lorne Balf's music took center stage in the multiplayer to get players used to the different vibe. As with Brotherhood, the shorter dev time led to more bugs, and not as fluid gameplay. Bomb crafting system was interesting, but barely useful and nothing more than a gimmick; other innovations such as the hookblade were well-integrated but not as major as they could have been.

AC III: Here we go: new engine, new setting, new protagonist. Truly a cornerstone in the franchise, correct? Wrong. The game's graphics are impressive for the hardware behind them, but the blood splatter looks like jelly and there have been framerate drops in menus. Gameplay is solid, combat is simple and free-running is strong despite the new engine, which is good. However, just as Brotherhood and Revelations before it, the short dev time caused bugs and ruggedness (they say 3 years but planning and brainstorming while actually crafting Revelations is not 3 years) and the biggest introductions to the series (namely hunting and naval warfare) are cut short to keep quality high. The MP this time around is as solid as it's ever been and is actually nothing to laugh at. As for plot, the 3 whole sequences dedicated to Haytham gives a rocky start, and even then Connor's actor feels forced and the character is unrelatable. If Ubisoft had not tried to do so much in 2 years III would have been a fantastic game. (I do have to say Desmond kinda looks like a monkey in III)

The original Assassin's Creed was not included because it was more a pioneer title that didn't know what it was doing just yet. Solid for what it tried to do though.

Voted for AC2 and Brotherhood since I couldn't decide.

I think I enjoyed AC2 more but Brotherhood introduced some nice features to the franchise.

As for the others,

I will always enjoy AC1 because of the era and Altair, even though the non-assassination missions in it were boring and repetitive. And the collecting... O_O

Revelations was a great game despite how many people hated it. Istanbul was a beautiful and fun setting and it slightly improved on Brotherhood in terms of features. The first person block sections were terrible though; not fun at all.

Upon returning to AC3 for the 100% completion I found I enjoyed/respected it more, but this was my least favorite game. I did not care about Connor at all and found the world overall disappointing.

Also,

[spoiler=dak1]They ruined the plot twist at the beginning by revealing Connor to us before the game launched. As soon as you start playing the game, as Haytham, you think "where's Connor?" but as soon as Haytham meets Connor's mom it clicks into place - that Haytham is Connor's dad.

Since I enjoyed all the games I also voted I love them all.

Revelations was a great game despite how many people hated it. Istanbul was a beautiful and fun setting and it slightly improved on Brotherhood in terms of features. The first person block sections were terrible though; not fun at all.

I agree Instanbul was vibrant and full of wonderful colors. The core game was fantastic. Given that den defenses weren't nearly as annoying as they were (they could stay, just not be annoying) and the Desmond sequences didn't suck so bad I think Revelations would have been my favorite.

Honestly, I don't know what you're smoking if you say anything but AC2.

2 was amazing, dare I say a masterpiece of this generation; but I feel that with the increased variety of things you could do in the later games made them just as enjoyable. Brotherhood only barely snuffs out 2 for my favorite Assassin's Creed game.

Like I said above Revelations could have been my favorite granted the 2 major gripes I had were dealt with.

Keeping in mind I love all these games and have enjoyed them all very much:

Brotherhood > 2 > 1 > 3 > Revelations

Edited by KillerBEA

2 was amazing, dare I say a masterpiece of this generation; but I feel that with the increased variety of things you could do in the later games made them just as enjoyable. Brotherhood only barely snuffs out 2 for my favorite Assassin's Creed game.

Like I said above Revelations could have been my favorite granted the 2 major gripes I had were dealt with.

Keeping in mind I love all these games and have enjoyed them all very much:

Brotherhood > 2 > 1 > 3 > Revelations

I'll give them that. I patiently await the... what would you call a remastered X1 version of a 360 game? 4k HD? - 10th anniversary of AC2.

EDIT: LOL! BEA and I agree on like everything. Wtf!

Get outta my head D :nana

In all seriousness it is weird how much we agree on lol. All this talk about Assassin's Creed lately has got me psyched up for Black Flag. It starting to look really good, or maybe I am just playing too much shit and it looks than everything else I have been playing lol.

The funny thing is that I originally despised Brotherhood, due to be stuck in the game breaking Animus loop glitch around launch. Once that was patched and I was able to actually play it, I fell in love with it.

Edited by KillerBEA

In all seriousness it is weird how much we agree on lol. All this talk about Assassin's Creed lately has got me psyched up for Black Flag. It starting to look really good, or maybe I am just playing too much shit and it looks than everything else I have been playing lol.

I'm sure it'll be pretty good considering they now have the decaying carcass of III to learn from. Even in one cutscene I can at least tell the blood won't look like some third grader went and painted dots on wounded men.

I'll give them that. I patiently await the... what would you call a remastered X1 version of a 360 game? 4k HD? - 10th anniversary of AC2.

You could just call it "Assassin's Creed Series Remastered Collection" or something like that. I could see the series get a fully remastered collection around the release of what ever comes after Black Flag or the game after that.

I'm sure it'll be pretty good considering they now have the decaying carcass of III to learn from. Even in one cutscene I can at least tell the blood won't look like some third grader went and painted dots on wounded men.

I must of missed the shitty blood stains, I was too distracted by Connor the most boring assassin yet. I liked the time period they covered, but I had many gripes with 3, regardless of how much I enjoyed it. I think they added way too much stupid crap to do in the game. Picking flowers? Really? Some of the extra stuff to do could have easily gone away and I am sure a lot of people wouldn't have cared.

The DLC in 3 while fun to play was stupid. Nothing was canon and did nothing to add to the story like in Brotherhood and Revelations. They could have not done the Tyranny story line at all and added to Connor's character instead and I would have probably been happier with it.

The naval stuff could have been much better (still pretty cool) and more fleshed out (I think you mentioned that), but at least Black Flag will have much more fleshed out naval stuff as its basically based around it.

3 had a lot of cool stuff going for it but it fell a little flat. I still enjoyed it quite a bit, but it had more than its share of issues. Luckily I have had more major issues with glitches like some people.

You could just call it "Assassin's Creed Series Remastered Collection" or something like that. I could see the series get a fully remastered collection around the release of what ever comes after Black Flag or the game after that.

I must of missed the shitty blood stains, I was too distracted by Connor the most boring assassin yet. I liked the time period they covered, but I had many gripes with 3, regardless of how much I enjoyed it. I think they added way too much stupid crap to do in the game. Picking flowers? Really? Some of the extra stuff to do could have easily gone away and I am sure a lot of people wouldn't have cared.

The DLC in 3 while fun to play was stupid. Nothing was canon and did nothing to add to the story like in Brotherhood and Revelations. They could have not done the Tyranny story line at all and added to Connor's character instead and I would have probably been happier with it.

The naval stuff could have been much better (still pretty cool) and more fleshed out (I think you mentioned that), but at least Black Flag will have much more fleshed out naval stuff as its basically based around it.

3 had a lot of cool stuff going for it but it fell a little flat. I still enjoyed it quite a bit, but it had more than its share of issues. Luckily I have had more major issues with glitches like some people.

I just wish that AC was more like its roots (stealthy assassinations) but in a more modern era (perhaps the overthrowing of the Czar in Russia during the 1920s, now that would be cool). Black Flag looks good but it looks so far removed from what made the first 2 ACs great.

You oughta let me know how it turns out to be once you get yours hands on it. I've been so back and forth with that game ever since August and I'm not sure what to do with it anymore. The earliest I'd get it is December, but I was planning on waiting until Spring when it drops in price.

I've played the first two AC games and AC2 is my fav. After hearing about added MP and the weird Desmond sequences, that put me off continuing the series. Now that I'm more relaxed about completing achievements I might give Brotherhood a go.

The Desmond sequences aren't bad. The worst part is trying to 100% sync everything, and that wasn't bad after Brotherhood (I struggled).

I didn't like III at all, apart from the naval missions and George Washington DLCs.

I voted Revelations because I liked the three stories at once tying together the first three games with Ezio and Altair.

I love all of the games but I voted for AC2.

I think my favorite part about it was that you start off young and go all the way through his story to becoming a master assassin all while building up his homestead. I guess you could say that about Conner in AC3 but lets be real... No one likes Conner when compared to Ezio.

I just wish that AC was more like its roots (stealthy assassinations) but in a more modern era (perhaps the overthrowing of the Czar in Russia during the 1920s, now that would be cool). Black Flag looks good but it looks so far removed from what made the first 2 ACs great.

Black Flag will have those options there, to be stealthy or to bust in through the front door. As long as the balancing of stealth and combat orientation is right, it will be fine.

You oughta let me know how it turns out to be once you get yours hands on it. I've been so back and forth with that game ever since August and I'm not sure what to do with it anymore. The earliest I'd get it is December, but I was planning on waiting until Spring when it drops in price.

I will be sure to let you know D, while I am excited for it I am also kinda skeptical. Hopefully I will be able to rent it right around release,.

The Desmond sequences aren't bad. The worst part is trying to 100% sync everything, and that wasn't bad after Brotherhood (I struggled).

I voted Revelations because I liked the three stories at once tying together the first three games with Ezio and Altair.

Th Desmond Sequences were different and annoying, if it had controlled the same as the rest of the game it might of not been so confusing and weird.

I loved how excellently they weaved Altair's and Ezio's story together in Revelations.