Ultimate Guide To Halo Wars

FaW II HaVoK

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l102/Cronix27/halowarsguidebanner.png

Introduction

The Halo series has been my most favourite series of shooter on the console since i got my xbox. I've played since halo 1 so i've decided to make this guide. As Halo Wars grows ever closer to release, It sure promises a whole new look on the Halo games.

Halo Wars plays as a RTS, which as most Halo fans know, its not really their cup of tea as we brits say. Don't let this fool you, Halo Wars is an awesome new experience for halo fans as it puts you in the role of a commander as you control every unit from basic marines to spartan lazer wielding spartans.

Every big halo fan will be suprised to know that Halo Wars is infact based BEFORE the original Halo game - When you first encounter the covenant. Ensemble HAVE confirmed that there is going to be a whole new story leading up to Halo so hopefully, they havnt scrambled the already excellent story.

Lets just say that although it may not be a FPS, its definatly worth checking out.

Basic Info

Systems: Xbox 360

Graphics: 1080p HDMI Compatible.

Developer: Ensemble Studio's featuring Bungie assistance.

Release Date: US: March 03, 2009 / Europe: February 27, 2009 / Japan: February 26, 2009

Price:

Limited Edition: Click Here

Standard Edition: Click Here

Factions

Although there may be more to come, the demo only offers 2 factions which is UNSC and the Covenant.

On the faction selection screen, there are roughly 6 different characters you can choose from, indicating that you will be able to play as another leader which may involve new factions. I have a strong feeling that Brutes will be there own playable faction as there is a Brute Leader on the Faction selection screen.

As of now, All i can offer is this great guide to ALL of the currently shown units and buildings -

CLICK HERE

Note: I HIGHLY doubt the flood will be a playable faction - Still need's confirmation as this rumour is still floating about.

Achievements

Thanks to X360A we can check out all the available achievements. At the moment a few achievement's remain secret so keep your fingers crossed that these will be shown shortly.

Halo Wars Achievements

Edited by FaW II HaVoK

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l102/Cronix27/achievementguidebanner.png

THIS WAS WRITEN BY ME ON THIS SITE AND X360A ONLY - PLEASE DONT CLAIM AS YOUR OWN. Ty :)

Adjudicate the Arbiter 30G

Complete the Campaign on Heroic Difficulty

Pretty straight forward, Just complete all missions on Heroic difficulty to grab yourself this one.

Detour the Great Journey 50G

Complete the Campaign on Legendary Difficulty

As im writing this way before the game is released, i'd imagine that Legendary is unlocked after completing campaign for the first time. I will confirm this once ive done.

Momma's Boy 5G

Get a Gold Medal on any mission

To get a gold medal on any mission, You must aquire so many points. This can easily be done on the first mission. Completing side task's will give you point boost's and on the first mission this is really simple, Kill the grunts & save the marines in trouble. Try not to let any units stray aside by themselves and use your secondary fire on the heavy vehicles.

Crushed Colors 10G

Improve your Score in any Campaign Mission

Simple, complete any mission and do fairly well - Try not to complete side missions and keep score minimal. After mission is complete, revisit and complete all the side tasks and you should easily have beaten your last score. Job done.

Mr. Punctual 15G

Finish all missions under Par Time on Heroic difficulty

As i dont own the game, i'd imagine every mission will have a par time. As the gamerscore for this achievement is fairly low, i'd imagine it shouldnt be hard.

Own Worst Enemy 20G

Get a Gold Medal with all Debuff Skulls Active

Debuff skulls are the same as Hidden Skulls on Halo 3, First you must aquire them all and then just activate them all and do the first mission.

Wall of Recognition 30G

Get a Gold Medal on every Campaign Mission

I will write a full mission guide when i actually play the game.

Tips:

Try to complete the side task's on missions. This gives you a nice point boost for not alot of effort at all.

Epic Grinder 40G

Obtain a Lifetime Campaign Score over 1,000,000

After playing the first mission on the demo, i scored 30K+ with completing all the tasks and without a single unit dying. I'd imagine that some of the missions are not as easy and activating skulls will give you a healthy bonus. I will confirm this when i find out.

Everything's Better with Bacon 5G

Mission 1: Ram 50 Grunts with Warthogs

As soon as you see grunts, select a warthog and press Y over them. The warthog will charge at them and squish them. There's pleanty of grunts on the first mission so this should be a breeze.

Endless Fun 5G

Mission 2: Destroy every Methane Tank

*Coming Soon*

Covenant "Hot Drop" 5G

Mission 3: Kill at least 5 Covenant Units with the Bridge

During the mission you will come across a broken bridge. After you fix it covenant troops will rush over to attack you. Quickly deactive the bridge and the achivements is yours.

He's Got The Jack 5G

Mission 5: Jack 6 Covenant Vehicles

If you select one of you're Spartans and press Y on a Covenant vehicles he will run over and take control of it. Do it 6 times and the achievement is yours.

Rhino Hugger 5G

Mission 6: Successfully protect every Rhino

*Coming Soon*

Micro Manager 5G

Mission 7: Do not destroy any Power Node

Focus on attacking the Scarab and leave everything else alone and this one shouldn't be a problem. Be careful though it's easy to destroy a Power Node by misstake.

Ramblin' Man 5G

Mission 8: Use Elephants to train 100 Infantry

For this one, You'll need Captain Cutters special ability - Elephants. Create on from your main base and deploy it anywhere you like. Just use this as your main barracks and create 100 units.

Sweet Naptime 5G

Mission 9: Put every Colony in Hibernation Mode at the same time

*Coming Soon*

The Procrastinator 5G

Mission 10: Disrupt all Tractor Beams

*Coming Soon*

Battened Down the Hatches 5G

Mission 11: Save all the Airlocks

*Coming Soon*

Handy with Tools 5G

Mission 12: Repair the Power Core in less than 4 minutes

*Coming Soon*

Beaming with Pride 5G

Mission 13: Destroy 25 units with the Scarab

Pretty obvious. You'll probably get to control a Scarab or build one. Destroy 25 Units with this bad boy and 5G is yours.

Didn't Get To Second Base 5G

Mission 14: Don't claim an extra base

Another obvious one. You'll see grey squares on the map - They are bases you can claim. Just dont claim these and build up your first base.

Thinkin' about My Doorbell 5G

Mission 15: Open the Doors in order

*Coming Soon*

Backscratcher 10G

Complete any Campaign Mission in Co-op Mode

Co-op will be available to play via Xbox Live. Partner up with a buddy and complete any mission. I'd recommend the first as it seems pretty simple.

OMG BFF FTW 40G

Complete entire Campaign in Co-op Mode

Partner up with a friend on Xbox Live and kick some butt in co-op. I will write a mission guide after completing.

Playin' the Field 15G

Win a Skirmish Game with every Leader

There are 6 leader's total. Play against easy bots in skirmish once with each leader and grab yourself this one.

Gallivant around the Galaxy 25G

Win a game on every Skirmish Map

There are 14 skirmish maps. Beat an easy bot on each map and this one is yours.

Empire Builder 5G

Win a game in every Skirmish Game Mode

Pretty silly achievement. There are only 2 game modes in skirmish - Standard and deathmatch. This WILL be the same in the full game.

Titan 15G

Get 20,000 points in any Skirmish Game

*Coming Soon*

Big Al's Scooter 10G

Win a Heroic Skirmish Game against the AI in under 10 minutes

*Coming Soon*

My Virtual Friends Love Me 10G

Win a 3v3 Skirmish game with 2 AI Allies

Start up a match in local skirmish and set yourself 2 AI allies against 3 EASY bots. This should be quite simple aslong as you know what your doing.

Walk-Off Winner 30G

Use one of the 6 Major Leader Powers to destroy an enemy's last unit

Total humiliation. Try loading up a skirmish game on a small map against an easy bot. Obliterate the enemies base with tanks and the last units should chase you out of their base. Use a super power to destroy the last units.

2 Bugs are Better Than 1 10G

Win a Skirmish Game with Dual Scarabs

*Coming Soon*

Penny Pincher 10G

Get a winning High Score with 10 or less Squads against the Heroic AI

*Coming Soon*

N00b n0 M0r3 10G

Win a Matchmade Skirmish Game on Xbox LIVE

Load up Xbox Live and get connected with some n00bs. Just simply win an Xbox Live match.

So Lonely at the Top 20G

Win and have the Highest Score in a Matchmade Skirmish Game on Xbox LIVE

*Coming Soon*

Basically Naive 10G

Obtain the Recruit Rank on Xbox LIVE

*Coming Soon*

Officer on Deck 30G

Obtain the Lieutenant Rank on Xbox LIVE

*Coming Soon*

Running the Show 50G

Obtain the General Rank on Xbox LIVE

*Coming Soon*

Alas, Poor Andrew Thomas 5

Collect your first Skull

See below

Graverobber 30G

Collect all Skulls

Secret skulls will be hidden around the maps in campaign. I will write a guide of where these are as soon as i find out.

Halo Academic 15G

Unlock 20 Timeline Events

*Coming Soon*

Halo Historian 40G

Unlock All Timeline Events

*Coming Soon*

Ready for the Sequel 75G

100% Completion

*Coming Soon*

24 Hours of Quality 20G

Play Halo Wars for at least 24 Total Hours

Skirmish games against the computer 1v1 on Heroic took me about 40 minutes and that included building up my base. You do the math.

This guide is not yet finished as you can see. Im definatly gunna finish this as im totally obsessed with this game. Hope you guys like and this is the first achievement guide thats even been typed. Lol.

Special thanks to:

Tinyboy75

For helping me with parts of this guide :D

Edited by FaW II HaVoK

Hate to be a nitpicker, but Ensemble has confirmed that the UNSC and the Covenant are the only available factions. The different leaders just offer you different bonuses/powers/specialty units. THE FLOOD ARE NOT PLAYABLE!

Also, I think a month in advance is a bit early for writing a guide... Good effort though.

Don't get me wrong, I love that people are so into this game that they're already writing up guides, I just think it's a little premature to have them up like this is all.

Maybe I'll write a Tips & Tricks for this, as I've noticed a number of people have missed some of the control nuances and strategies I've come across...

Covenant "Hot Drop" 5G

Mission 3: Kill at least 5 Covenant Units with the Bridge

During the mission you will come across a broken bridge. After you fix it covenant troops will rush over to attack you. Quickly deactive the bridge and the achivements is yours.

He's Got The Jack 5G

Mission 5: Jack 6 Covenant Vehicles

If you select one of you're Spartans and press Y on a Covenant vehicles he will run over and take control of it. Do it 6 times and the achievement is yours.

how did you got the game? it supposed to be out on feb 27 or something.... and in europe March 3...... so... can u tell us the secret??

I am a gamereviewer for Swedish site and got the promotion copy on friday :woop:

Micro Manager 5G

Mission 7: Do not destroy any Power Node

Focus on attacking the Scarab and leave everything else alone and this one shouldn't be a problem. Be careful though it's easy to destroy a Power Node by misstake.

Edited by tinboy75

Detour the Great Journey 50G

Complete the Campaign on Legendary Difficulty

As im writing this way before the game is released, i'd imagine that Legendary is unlocked after completing campaign for the first time. I will confirm this once ive done.

I'm not so sure about this. if it's anything like the rest of the halo series legendary will be available right from the start. I imagine you made that assumption based on what the demo has available. I mean, I could be completely wrong. this information could already be out there and I could be making a fool out of myself. who knows!

I'm not so sure about this. if it's anything like the rest of the halo series legendary will be available right from the start. I imagine you made that assumption based on what the demo has available. I mean, I could be completely wrong. this information could already be out there and I could be making a fool out of myself. who knows!

Neither of you are sure, which is why he included the confirmation bit.

I can confim that legendary is avaible right away.

Thanks for all your sickk comments guys:)

He probably got the game of a torrent site otherwise who knows.

Right, as someone who gets some games early for PR purposes, I think you need to chill on the accusations of piracy. If you have proof, great, otherwise I think you owe the man an apology. The game went gold weeks ago for crying out loud.

Did i accuse? I mearly assumed.

Chill...

As I pointed out in my PM to you, your post was an accusation of an illegal activity. Just because you struggle with the English language (spelling and comprehension at a minimum, apparently) does not mean you have the right to do accuse people of piracy without proof. Which is why you got an infraction. Are we all clear now?

Proof rules all... but in fairness to the guy there are a lot of people getting games early illegally, so jealousy and accusations will continue to fly until someone does something about it.

A 2/3 week early promo copy seems a little strange to me, if thats the way its done, fine. But 2/3 to write a review? No wonder these games get leaked out a month before release.

Thats just my take on it.

Proof rules all... but in fairness to the guy there are a lot of people getting games early illegally, so jealousy and accusations will continue to fly until someone does something about it.

A 2/3 week early promo copy seems a little strange to me, if thats the way its done, fine. But 2/3 to write a review? No wonder these games get leaked out a month before release.

Thats just my take on it.

If I downloaded the game why on earth would I play it with a Xbox live account? That would just be stupid.

No I recieved a promocopy of the game on friday to review for xboxlife.com.

http://www.minhembio.com/forum/uploads/monthly_02_2009/post-20522-1233946480.jpg

It just seems that FaW II HaVoK doesn't like people helping him with his guide, but no problemo. If you don't want me to write about I won't.

If I downloaded the game why on earth would I play it with a Xbox live account? That would just be stupid.

No I recieved a promocopy of the game on friday to review for xboxlife.com.

It just seems that FaW II HaVoK doesn't like people helping him with his guide, but no problemo. If you don't want me to write about I won't.

You've missed my point, I was refering to peoples attitudes about early game players, be it legal or otherwise, and also how games get leaked. There's no need to be paranoid.

There is such a thing as stealthing. You can play downloaded games on xbox live and still not get caught.

Please excuse me - as I haven't been on the thievery scene since 1832 - if I am jumping the gun by assuming you meant stealing, but ma'am, just so you know, this game hasn't been released yet. I have a hunch that Ensemble Studios is going to give you a big ol' BOTD that they gave you a promo, if they notice that you are playing a game... (I don't know what today's date is) approximately 15 days before it is released...

By the way, extremely useless guide :D

You left out about... 19 things that Ensemble already announced

Flood will NOT be playable

Each Leader gets his own uniquity

Arbiter - Suicide Grunts (Plasma Grenade Mo-Fos)

Brute Chieftain - Brutes (Steroid Using Mo-Fos)

Regret - Elite Honor Guards (Sword Hugging Mo-Fos)

Others that I currently don't give a shit about...

Panda Lickers...