Offline Multiplayer/co-op?

Riyot

Does anyone know what, if any, offline multiplayer modes will be available? I may have overlooked the information, but I haven't been able to find anything about it in the forums, just about online modes.

Oh, the sadness of living in an area where high speed does not exist.

Does anyone know what, if any, offline multiplayer modes will be available? I may have overlooked the information, but I haven't been able to find anything about it in the forums, just about online modes.

Oh, the sadness of living in an area where high speed does not exist.

I have slow internet also. thats why i was dissapointed with the game homefront since its only got a 3 hour singleplayer campain and the rest is online :( , but this game looks pretty fun offline.! :)

yeh I feel the same. My flat has no internet which sucks, this game looks awesome and has my type of story so I'm hoping the single player will keep me going. I really enjoyed Bulletstorm and this seems to have a similar aesthetic. I found alot of info saying how seemless the single player and multiplayer etc are but it's worried me that it will have too much push on the MP side. It's the same release day as Lego Pirates so it may get put aside for a few days anyway. Offline Co-Op would be nice, but I will be happy either way

yeh I feel the same. My flat has no internet which sucks, this game looks awesome and has my type of story so I'm hoping the single player will keep me going. I really enjoyed Bulletstorm and this seems to have a similar aesthetic. I found alot of info saying how seemless the single player and multiplayer etc are but it's worried me that it will have too much push on the MP side. It's the same release day as Lego Pirates so it may get put aside for a few days anyway. Offline Co-Op would be nice, but I will be happy either way

The only thing that Brink and Bulletstorm have in common is that there FPS's, everything else is different

I have slow internet also. thats why i was dissapointed with the game homefront since its only got a 3 hour singleplayer campain and the rest is online :( , but this game looks pretty fun offline.! :)

I just beat Homefront yesterday after borrowing it from a buddy earlier the same day. I know that Brink has 2 different stories to play through, but Homefront brought back my fear of games with online multiplayer being short. But I'm still hopeful.

I really wish they would announce something about Borderworlds already. Then I can stop trying to find games to replace Borderlands in my heart.

Offline Co-Op would be nice, but I will be happy either way

I assume you mean like a LAN/System link type of gameplay? If you are referring to splitscreen, there will be no splitscreen in Brink. One of the developers already made it perfectly clear in an interview he did. That's because they squeezed the shit out of the Xbox 360 and what it could deliver. He simply said that having two screens trying to render different areas on the screen wouldn't happen, the console simply can't handle it.

Direct you to 6:35 for the splitscreen comments.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN_mF-u6do8]YouTube - Pax East 2011 Brink Interview[/ame]

Edited by 13ip0lar

Riyot I know what you mean man I'm always looking for games to replace borderlands but nothing does I hope this game is just as fun or even better...

From what i've seen it looks awesome, i hope it stays that way after it comes out.

Same here, nothing beats the splitscreen co op of borderlands so far.

Also, Brink should have a pretty good lifespan. I read that they have plans for new dlc, but I'm not sure what it will be. Hopefully its more than just maps.

I hear that. Borderlands is my all-time favorite, bar-none. I can't place my finger on what makes it so damn awesome. I want to tally up my total hours on each character now...

This game looks stellar. Really loving the concepts coming together. Also, I really like that guy in the interview. He's convincing and has a good vibe about him. I know my copy is paid off.

I currently just got Borderlands GOTY edition, and have to say I wasn't nearly as impressed. It's a good game, but imo needs a lot of polish before I would think about getting the sequel. Currently I have the 3x 20 rounder achievements left, plus the one for the bobbleheads to get 100%. So annoying... Anyways, seriously can't wait for this to come out, BL imo won't hold a candle to this. :D