The Names Dark....Perfect Dark

BanditBanks

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is I'm getting pissed off with this crown, I've only been playing PA for a while now to no avail. Is it just me or does taking it slow in PA make it laughably easy?

I didn't even take it slow, found it hilariously easy compared to the N64 - I'm thinking the fact that the framerate isn't a slideshow-like 10 FPS probably eliminates most of the game's challenge (but certainly not all, nor any of its charm).

By the way I finished it without quitting or failing a mission on Day 1 so you can strike that from the list...

I didn't even take it slow, found it hilariously easy compared to the N64 - I'm thinking the fact that the framerate isn't a slideshow-like 10 FPS probably eliminates most of the game's challenge (but certainly not all, nor any of its charm).

By the way I finished it without quitting or failing a mission on Day 1 so you can strike that from the list...

That's a great one to check off the list, no-one wanted to do it, lol.

Also, sure most of the challenge is gone but the K7 Avenger is still way overpowered in Perfect, one wrong move on Air Base, Air Force or Crash Site and you lose.

Have people considered the crown being based around using the Classic Weapons? Either for the campaign missions (but enabling them classes as a cheat i think and so will disable any chance to earn any crowns or achievements anyway) or it could be for use in the combat simulator. I'm thinking getting x number of kills with each classic weapon on a classic map, since they're guns and levels used in Goldeneye.

Have people considered the crown being based around using the Classic Weapons? Either for the campaign missions (but enabling them classes as a cheat i think and so will disable any chance to earn any crowns or achievements anyway) or it could be for use in the combat simulator. I'm thinking getting x number of kills with each classic weapon on a classic map, since they're guns and levels used in Goldeneye.

Even though it's been mentioned 10 times now, yes I still tried, I've gotten over 100 kills with every classic weapon and played on every classic map.

which makes the only connection that they all have handguns in common (so it could be cumulative handgun kills, similar to how ninja seems to be cumulative melee kills).

I hope this is it.

//edit: however, it's probably not :( because a lot more people would have it if this was the case

Edited by Firelyte Stone

Nah, we've tried that.

And it definatly seems to only pop up during solo play.

I saw the 'saving...' pop up a few times while playing Counter-Operative...

That might just be saving something for the dummy account though, even though it has no crowns or achievements.

That's a great one to check off the list, no-one wanted to do it, lol.

Also, sure most of the challenge is gone but the K7 Avenger is still way overpowered in Perfect, one wrong move on Air Base, Air Force or Crash Site and you lose.

Yeah definitely. I would say Carrington Institute: Defense is the worst for cheap K7 Avenger deaths. When activating the turrets especially. First two consoles are usually clear of enemies, maybe you'll get complacent going for the third - corridor looks clear, then suddenly --KOP KOP KOP!! -- you're dead before you even know what happened. Smug shielded K7 shocktrooper will probably say "Yeah, baby" or "I'm just toooo gewwd" just to rub salt in the wound, too. :p

You know what?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/18/fuck_this_shit_cat.jpg

J/K but surely if it was cumulative pistol kills more than 10 people would have it. I know I use pistols all the time..

Yeah definitely. I would say Carrington Institute: Defense is the worst for cheap K7 Avenger deaths. When activating the turrets especially. First two consoles are usually clear of enemies, maybe you'll get complacent going for the third - corridor looks clear, then suddenly --KOP KOP KOP!! -- you're dead before you even know what happened. Smug shielded K7 shocktrooper will probably say "Yeah, baby" or "I'm just toooo gewwd" just to rub salt in the wound, too. :p

SHIELDS AND K7s DON'T GO TOGETHER. EVER.

Edited by Incompl33t

You know what?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/18/fuck_this_shit_cat.jpg

J/K but surely if it was cumulative pistol kills more than 10 people would have it. I know I use pistols all the time..

SHIELDS AND K7s DON'T GO TOGETHER. EVER.

Bwahaha, ace picture.

I'm getting so desperate for new ideas and things to try now that I just tried entering Cass De Vries' necklace user credentials on the "Redeem Code" section of the dashboard.

Do I even need to say it didn't work...? :p

Yep, Duel has been done in with all PD settings maxed. Hey guys maybe it doesn't count if you do a Special Assignment - maybe you have to do a full mission like the Co-op/Counter-op achievements.

Anyone up for some DLTK Carrington Villa? :p

Yep, Duel has been done in with all PD settings maxed. Hey guys maybe it doesn't count if you do a Special Assignment - maybe you have to do a full mission like the Co-op/Counter-op achievements.

Anyone up for some DLTK Carrington Villa? :p

ON YOUR OWN, MATE! I tried Skedar Ruins but Reapers with 1000% Accuracy = Instant Death. Then I tried Chicago, and that was a horrible fail. On Villa, I can't pull out "my little friend" without getting pwned.

10 years ago i've actually completed Skedar Ruins with the Perfect Dark Difficulty everything on max, from what i remember you need to hide a lot, and it's scaring like hell!, but anyways i've E-mailed 4J now about the Crown ''The Name is Dark... Perfect Dark'' i also e-mailed Rareware to be sure, so hopefully i'll get a reply from them!

ON YOUR OWN, MATE! I tried Skedar Ruins but Reapers with 1000% Accuracy = Instant Death. Then I tried Chicago, and that was a horrible fail. On Villa, I can't pull out "my little friend" without getting pwned.

Hahaha, there are a ridiculous number of grunts on that stage... Not to mention the Shocktroopers who have their guns trained on the entrance to the wine cellar at all times.