Achievement Guide

litepink

For "The Streak", I got it on a "Play It To The Bone" run. Letting songs play themselves on Beginner Vocals, the "The Streak" achievement popped up on the 2nd-to-last song. A check of my Rock Record revealed a 1010-note streak (possibly a result of the long setlist?).

Maybe it carrys on across songs, that would be quite strange. Can anyone else comfirm this?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to add to your guide a lil. For the Quadruple Threat achievement, you can get it without owning a drum set or mic. Just have someone join you in your career (via xbox live) that's playing said instrument and play a song they can complete a challenge on and you'll get it.

working on the achievements right now got a good load of them so far, ill leave notes a bit later on achievements that could be confusing and how to best get them, feel free to use or not use the tips in your finished guide :D

edit: Got some time now, so here is what i've got so far

Our Powers Combined - Should note that you must be in a traditional band to get this unlocked (bass, guitar, vox, drums). Does not work with 4 of a particular instrument or any other combination.

Score Biggest - This achievement is actually really simple. I got it using 4 guitars on They Say by Scars on Broadway. Key is to make sure to use overdrive in sync with band moments for huge points.

Crank it up to 11 - This must be done in a traditional band. In order to unlock this achievement everyone in the band must have star power ready to activate and a 4x multiplier. After successfully completing a band moment your band multiplier will be at x7 this is when you activate your star power and you will have x11. Unlocks after the song is finished.

I'll add more as I get thru the game if I feel like the description isnt self explanatory already.

Cheers!

Edited by xCOBRAx

This guide blows.

Work in Progress...thought we were assuming that, but guess not ;)

Relax, the game just came out. Give them a chance to get it put together.

yay! thanks :)

Is it really that hard to post the secret achievements, and to many self explanitory expinations

Yes, you are right. There are many self explanatory explanations because...well...most of the achievements are named/designed that way. Give GH5 credit for having pretty understandable achievements.Unless there is some fancy way of doing something, why should I write a novel about it? I am tweaking them as I go, and will be sure to be more specific about Diamond Challenges and how to beat them once either I or the community unearths easy ways of beating them. Thank you for your input :)

The guide is being updated now. I see about all the cheeves are up and now it looks like it just needs some slight tweeking and research to finish it.

All achievements are listed, need to tweak descriptors for just a few more.

------------

My promise is to STICK WITH THIS GUIDE. I know I can't figure everything out myself, so when great community members come up with easier ways of doing things, I will update the guide accordingly. Part of what inspired me to write this guide is seeing other people making guides for other games, getting 1000/1000, then abandoning the guide and the entire sub-forum for the game. Then when questions or clarification is needed (or if a major change in the guide description is needed), nobody is around. I enjoy helping people out, it is how I get my kicks :drunk. I am open to changes, and I am open to constructive criticism. Simply stating "This guide blows" doesn't really help anyone now, does it? :p

Thanks everyone!

Edited by litepink

Easy way of doing some of the challenges is to turn on the cheats for all HOPOs and all Sliders. With these turned on you will have way more than enough of those type of notes to complete the challenge and not even have to play it on expert.

I haven't tried it yet, but I would assume that having the all sliders cheat turned on might help with the whammy challenges too. Being that you wouldn't have to be worrying about strumming and whamming.

Edit: I also created a thread that contains all the codes to unlock the cheats with out having to unlock them in career. Maybe you should include those in the finished guide. CLICK HERE

Edited by Lucky CX7

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1048/s3.jpgStarstruck 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpg Had a brush with celebrity

Play through the career to unlock all of the celebrity acts. They are Shirley Manson, Matt Bellamy, Johnny Cash, Carlos Santana, and Kurt Cobain. This will also unlock if you simply enter the "Unlock All Characters" cheat. Enter Blue,Blue,Green,Green,Red,Green,Red,Yellow in the cheats section.

I'm not sure if the last part of that is true. I just entered the Unlock All Characters cheat and did not receive the Achievement.

EDIT: This does in fact work, but you have to play a song first in order to make the Achievement unlocked. Sorry. :p

Edited by SLaXeH

If challenges can be done on Beginner, then the challenges below should be cake. (I did them on Easy, so if you can handle on easy then it'll be all good). To name some off the top of my head. If you 6 star these on vocals, you will also get diamond on "Feel Good Inc.", "I'm Only Happy When It Rains", "Lithium (live)", "Comedown", "2 Minutes to Midnight", "What I Got". They are all either star power or phrase chains. I'm at work or I'd try 1 at beginner. I will tonight unless someone knows for sure already. Some of these challenges we might not be able to find workarounds for. For example "Hungry like the Wolf" requires a score of 100,000 vocal only. I was able to 6 star it on hard, but only ended up with 94,000 points. When I went back I got 98% on expert and got 120,000 for the diamond.

Edited by RaxeK

If challenges can be done on Beginner, then the challenges below should be cake. (I did them on Easy, so if you can handle on easy then it'll be all good). To name some off the top of my head. If you 6 star these on vocals, you will also get diamond on "Feel Good Inc.", "I'm Only Happy When It Rains", "Lithium (live)", "Comedown", "2 Minutes to Midnight", "What I Got". They are all either star power or phrase chains. I'm at work or I'd try 1 at beginner. I will tonight unless someone knows for sure already. Some of these challenges we might not be able to find workarounds for. For example "Hungry like the Wolf" requires a score of 100,000 vocal only. I was able to 6 star it on hard, but only ended up with 94,000 points. When I went back I got 98% on expert and got 120,000 for the diamond.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm like 98% sure that you can't do Challenges on Beginner. :p