If I buy Halo 2 is it possible to...

RobotHacker

I can confirm on date of post, That Halo 2 (PC) does still currently work.

There have been issues with the LIVE option being graded out

But the fix for this is to reinstall, and install it to your c drive as default directory.

You can also play both single player and multilayer with a silver membership and still earn achievements :)

Halo 2 has a install option to set up your own server, so while there is still support out there to keep the multilayer game running, there is no certainty on how long this game will remain playable online.

Edited by Dyson XP
Mistake

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm on date of post, That Halo 2 (PC) does still currently work.

There have been issues with the LIVE option being graded out

But the fix for this is to reinstall, and install it to your c drive as default directory.

You can also play both single player and multilayer with a silver membership and still earn achievements :)

Halo 2 has a install option to set up your own server, so while there is still support out there to keep the multilayer game running, there is no certainty on how long this game will remain playable online.

Excellent to hear that the game game can still be activated

I had to mess around for quite some time to get it to work correctly. I was using the correct Product Key too, but the LIVE option wouldn't become active. Eventually, I got it to work but I had to reinstall it a few times.

I can't join any matches though, most of them appear to be locked. That's why I'm just going to boost the multiplayer, and then work on the single player.

• 2 weeks later...
i got this game years ago but my computer could not run it it lagged so bad couldnt even play on normal. now i have a new pc with windows 8 and it wont even install it is not compatible. Not happy

I finally got Halo 2 and it installed on Windows 8 fine.

Do have issues trying to join online matches though

I finally got Halo 2 and it installed on Windows 8 fine.

Do have issues trying to join online matches though

I tried again and kept getting E:/ APPLICATION NOT FOUND but clicked a few things and heard the disc start spinning i have no idea why it was not opening or loading the disc when i put it in and even had an option to format the cd. Hopefully i can get the multiplayer done easy and quickly.

Gave it a go on single player with graphics on LOW setting and it's still slow , laggy and shitty! This is why i never purchased a pc game because i will not spend thousands of dollars on computer crap. I am using a brand new laptop got from insurance claim. All those windows 8 games work perfect but this shit is bad i can't even play it

Edited by ufc fan andy