Combomaniac

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, I'm used to a stick but I don't have one at my place so I'm having some trouble with a controller

And the D-pad doesn't help either. hahahaha. Geeez. I thought it was going to be bad on SOUL CALIBUR, but this has to be the worst case with the D-pad yet. Every time I push right, I jump right. Ruins combos and perfects ALL the time.

Here's how I got it:

1. Go to single player->training->classic arcade

2. Choose SSFIIT Saget(so he has a special bar)

3. Make the dummy T.Hawk

4. Set dummy to no block and super always on

5. While the dummy's in the corner, jump in with a late HP (has to be late, or "deep"), then combo into his super (QCF QCF HP) as you're landing. You'll get 6-7hits. Once you start hitting 7 hits and getting the hang of it (might take awhile, keep at it, and make sure you're HP is coming in deep in the jump), go to the next part:

7. Start classic arcade local multiplayer, pick SSFIIT Saget, pick T. Hawk for 2 player

8. Keep doing a WP uppercut away from the standing second player (to build up your meter)

9. Put 2 player in the corner

10. Combo, if fail, try try again

I actually failed the first time, but got the throw achievement just to end the round, lol. So, if you don't have that, and get frustrated, there ya go.

EDIT:

I suggest setting your controller to this:

WP=X

MP=LT

HP=Y

WK=A

MK=RT

HK=B

Triggers are a pain, and you probably won't use medium attacks unless you're playing footsie with a human opponent...

Edited by Aoi84
avoid double post

Anyone getting 6 hits, are you sure you picked "Classic Arcade" and not "HD Remix" mode? Sagat's super sems to hit for 5 in HD Remix, making the jump-in punch only add up to 6 hits. Try it in Classic Arcade mode, as long as you time the jump-in punch properly it should be an easy 7

Edited by BroomR

I haven't tried this combo yet in the remix but I used to do this all the time in the old SF. Pick Dee Jay, jump in with middle kick (1) as soon as u land stick/pad hold back-down and press medium punch (2), after the elbow lands push forward and press medium kick (3,4) when he's in the middle of the move press down-back again and as soon as that move finishes press up-forward on the stick and hard kick to perform the triple kick(5,6,7)

For anyone having trouble visualizing it, here's a video:

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3591455523645744845&hl=en]SSF2T:HD Remix Easy Combomaniac Achievement (7 Hits)[/ame]

Hopefully that works...it's pretty simple...though clearly I had some problems with the D-Pad XD

Edited by BroomR

Nice vid ^^0. Ah yeah, I did use speed 0, I don't really dig the turbo chaos.

So far, that has been the easiest way, but I'll look for other ways I come across. I was mad when Akuma's raging dragon special gave 0 hits ==... that thing hits like 20 times, lol.

Ok the easiet way to do this is to use chun li use her super then go into up kicks it hits 7 to 8 times!

note:cHARGE THE UP KICKS WHILE SHE'S DOING THE SUPER.

ps-make sure the games set to classic!

Hope that helps everyone. :woop:

As simply as I can say this, "You're awesome, and thank you."

I was trying that stupid Sagat one for over an hour and could never get the punch to be a part of the Tiger Super. hahaha. Stupid D-pad and it's wonderful ability to know what you want it to do.

Seriously. Chun Li method, 2nd try. EASIEST, by far.

As simply as I can say this, "You're awesome, and thank you."

I was trying that stupid Sagat one for over an hour and could never get the punch to be a part of the Tiger Super. hahaha. Stupid D-pad and it's wonderful ability to know what you want it to do.

Seriously. Chun Li method, 2nd try. EASIEST, by far.

Thankyou your welcome!

and anyone having any trouble getting the super out heres a quick tip!

the easiet way is to charge it with back and down then quickly forward back forward and also try have chun li with her back against the wall,also remember to set the game to classic!

this combo is a guarenteed method to get 7-8 hits!

Chuni-Li's special is impossible on a controller!

If I can do Chun Li's with the thumb stick, I can guarantee you can do the same. Tips (As more-than-likely already done):

- Change settings to Game Speed = 0, Rounds = 5, Timer = Infinite, and Handicap = Enabled

- Go to Multiplayer, Local Match, and choose Classic Arcade.

- Choose Chun Li - Turbo with Weak Handicap, and you're opponent T. Hawk or Sagat with Strong Handicap (Gives you more chances, in case you mess up).

- Practice your Up Kick with Chun Li to build up her Special meter, and once full, back her into the edge of the screen. Then bring her opponent right in front of here.

* Charge Back, Forward, Back, Forward Heavy Kick

- While she is performing her Super combo, hold down to charge her Up Kick, and as soon as she finishes, finish the Up Kick combination, and you should get an easy 7 or 8 hit combo.

This one seriously only took me a couple tries to get. Way easier than Sagat's.

PS: If you want to make it REAL easy, switch your control settings so that Y is Heavy Punch and B is Heavy Kick. This makes the Fierce moves much easier.

I wasn't able to pull off Sagat's 7hit combo until I did it this way:

- Jump Forward

- Before Landing, do QCF + FP

- Immediately after, do QCF + FP

My problem before was that I was trying to jump in, press FP before landing, then QCF + QCF + FP, which never worked.

Plus, I found it easier to use the classic Tiger Knee (QCF, UF + K) to charge up sagat's super meter.

Edited by GaTechGrad

I cannot get the chun-li method to work I have tried it about 10 times and she won't hit the up kick at the end. I did everything exactly as was written and she dosen't hit, she flys in the air and he's already on the floor. Can't be time issues because i did it really quickly; not even a seconds space. What's happening...