Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Giveaway

razzleson

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/Ash3nx360a/GH3COMPcopy.png

We at Xbox 360 Achievements love our loyal members. When you cry, we cry. When you have advice, we listen. To show our appreciation for our long time family, we’re bringing you the first ever senior member exclusive contest! Oh, but don’t worry for all you non-senior members, you won’t be left out in the cold on this one.

Thanks to our wonderful friends at Red Octane and Activision we have numerous Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock items to give away! There are shirts, CD cases, keychains, and buttons; a plethora of items if you will.

Here’s how this one is going to go down. Thanks to all the wonderful responses we received from a recent thread about contests, we found that senior members would like to see a contest exclusively for members who have been here for at least three months and have at least 250 posts, so that's what will determine if you're a senior member for this contest.

There will be two contests in one this time around. One for just the senior members, and one for both the senior members and the non-senior members.

Contest 1: Senior Members Only

Grand Prize (four winners)

• (1) Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock T-shirt (sizes S-XL available)

Contest 2: Senior and Non-Senior Members

First Place (one winner):

• (1) Guitar Hero III keychain
  • (1) Guitar Hero III CD wallet
  • (3) 1/2" Guitar Hero III pins

Second place (one winner):

• (1) Guitar Hero III CD wallet

Third place (one winner):

Images of prizes can be found by selecting the specific prize; T-shirt (size small shown), keychain, CD case, pins.

These are some sweet prizes, but how does one win? Simple! Just answer the following question, "What instrument should Red Octane utilize for their next Hero game?" If you're not feeling creative just enter your GT.

Now for the dreaded rules:

• The contest will be open from Wednesday January 2nd to Wednesday January 9th 11:59 PM PST.
  • Only one entry per person, senior members will automatically be entered into both contests.
  • Senior member requirements must have been reached by Tuesday January 1st.
  • Use this thread for entries ONLY! Discussion will be deleted and may result in a infraction or temporary ban.
  • Winners will be chosen randomly with a random integer generator. Winners will then be PMed and will have 48 hours to reply with the information asked for, inability to do so will result in disqualification and new winners will be chosen.

Good luck!

Link Dump:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/g/guitarhero3legendsofrock/

http://www.redoctane.com/

http://www.activision.com/index.html#home|en_US

EDIT: I REALLY like how you guys are saying senior or non-senior. If possible, can everyone do that? It'll make separating WAY easier. Especially as I see this having as many entries as the Call of Duty contest, and that one had almost 900 entries!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non-senior entry.

GT: Dragonfire 360

Answer: It has been done by Rock Band, but the drums should be included. They are a major part of all good rock songs. Not to mention the drums included with Rock Band aren't exactly pefect. It would be very appreciated if Red Octane would improve them.

Senior Entry. :p

Gamer Tag; PRO Nick G

Answer: I think they should utilize a bass guitar, but, a real bass Guitar. Not just another guitar plugged in. I think they should add another guitar that looks like a real bass that way you could have a killer co-op for the game. There's my 2 cents and I'm glad there's finally a senior member contest.:p

Senior Member.

GT: Slormer

I would also like to see Drum Hero.

(Side question, if you are a senior member, does that mean you are entering two contests at once, where you would be drawn once for the T-Shirt, and then again for the other prizes?)

Razzle Edit: Correct! Senior members get an entry into each contest!

I think we should have marching band hero. Instead of instruments like trumpet, tuba, etc., you can play snare, quints, sexs, bass drums, or cymbals. Alot of bands attach cowbells and cymbals to snares so it should be an option to add other pads to your snare pads. Just an idea.

nonsenior

GT: Soccerplaya13cj

:)

GT: zdarko

I think they ought to put an effect peddle in. After all, they have those ethernet plug-ins on the guitars for a reason I'm sure of it! May as well utilize it now! :)

OR better yet, how about a Disc - Jockey Hero? How cool would it be to put some beats down on a turntable??

(P.S. You said

Senior member requirements must have been reached by Tuesday January 1th.

Am I the only one that caught that? ;) )

Senior entry

I think they should add a set of cd style turntables and have a

'DJ Hero game'

Afterall everyone likes to hit the decks.

Ok not exactly an Instrument in the literary sense but it is a modern style of music.

:)

GT: zdarko

(P.S. You said

Am I the only one that caught that? ;) )

LOL That means that you have to of reached 'senior' status ie number of posts by that date, not your entry.

9/10 for effort though ;)

BTW excuse the double post, I didn't edit my original as myself and Zdarko posted the dj idea at exactly the same time and I don't want anyone thinking I changed mine on an edit.