*SPOILERS* Achievement Walkthrough *SPOILERS*

I agree with almost all you've said, but your initial post comes across as "my way is the only way you should ever do it". Your walkthroughs are great, but you yourself even say that it's useless if you don't follow from the beginning. So the only way to beat the game is to do it completely by yourself or use a walkthrough from the beginning?

Separating each puzzle out is not the only other way to do it. Simply adding a line to the actions when inventory is added is optimal. i.e. 'Push sign (adds shovel to inventory)'. Now all a stuck user has to do is search for "shovel" and it shows them where to get it. It doesn't have to be done for everything; only for every action that doesn't specifically list what you are getting. i.e. 'Pick up dog (adds dog to your inventory)' is not necessary, but 'look at bowl (adds cheese doodles to inventory)' would be. Do that and speedthroughs are helpful for non-speed runs.

Now I didn't intend this to turn into 'you should add this to your walkthrough' post. I only meant to illustrate, that while yours are good at what they do, they are nearly useless outside of that purpose and implying that all walkthroughs should assume that format is ridiculous. Other walkthroughs exist to be more helpful if you get stuck and just want a push in the right direction. That's why they aren't the spartan 'go here, do that' format yours takes. Going off on a multiparagraph rant makes it seems that yours is the only correct way to do it. I'm just saying that's it's not. I have seen some that have too much info, but really not that many and you make it seem like everybody else does it.

Edited by TwistedFate

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't my way or nothing, and I didn't want anyone to think that was the purpose of my irritation. Having extra information to help the player is always good, but keep it relevant. Spooning unnecessary information doesn't help anyone except the author as his/her file looks larger than it really should be.

I admit that writing a walkthrough for LeChuck's Revenge was a bit of a waste of time as there is very little you need to do outside of the main story. The achievements lack any imagination which is surprising, really, when the game is full of imagination, but I've voiced that opinion before...

I suggest creating used hankie before getting his beard in the elevator, when i got his beard he did no longer spawn, so I couldn´t make the used hankie, fortunatley i had still had a save while hanging above the acid so I finished the game again wich took me less then 20 minutes

maybe this just happened to me, thanks for the great guide!

• 4 weeks later...

First off awesome guide thanks! Here are a few tweaks which might help others.

-- Part II - Four Map Pieces

don't want to have to read through all the previous posts but...

Use hammer on nails. (If Stan gets out of the coffin before you can nail him in, then ask him to look at the used coffin, close it and try again. You have to be VERY quick to get this... almost instantly after the closing of the coffin)

Use hammer on Coffin not nails.

Walk right. (Until the woman in the big hat appears, between the costume shop and Stan's Previously Owned Coffins)

Look at Great Shipwrecks of Our Century.

It's in your inventory... I was looking around on the screen... since well... ok I was a little retarded and confused.

Pick up monkey head.

It's on the head of the ship

-- Part IV - Dinky Island

walk to more jungle. (Right-hand path) (You should see a pile of rocks to the left in this area)

You should mention its the middle right-hand path not the bottom one.

First off awesome guide thanks! Here are a few tweaks which might help others.

-- Part II - Four Map Pieces

don't want to have to read through all the previous posts but...

<stuff that needed changing>

-- Part IV - Dinky Island

<stuff that needed changing>

Edited and credited!

Ta!

• 2 weeks later...
I am a wee bit stuck! I have gone into the crpypt to look for Rapp Scallions coffin, but I don't have the option to look for it, just 5 generic coffins. What am I missing?

You need to read the PIRATE QUOTATIONS book you stole from the Mayor of PHATT ISLAND. Make a note of the quotation for RAPP SCALLION, as you will need to find his coffin for the final MAP PIECE.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Click on BIG TREE.

Walk to plank.

Walk to plank. (Make sure Guybrush stands on the plank) (SE:Manual Mode will have 'Use plank')

Use reinforced oar with hole. (Next to the plank)

Walk to reinforced oar. (SE:Manual Mode will have 'Use reinforced oar')

Pick up plank. (The plank you were just standing on)

Use plank with hole. (The hole to the right of where the reinfoced oar is)

Walk to plank.

Pick up reinforced oar.

Use reinfoced oar with hole. (To the right of the plank)

Pick up telescope. (It's in the left hut, in the distance)

Walk to door. (Of the hut in the foreground)

Use dog with pile. (The big pile of paper on the left) (Four Map Pieces Complete 2/5)

Walk to door. (To the right)

Walk to ground. (The rope infront of the hut)

Walk to path.

Click on DREAD'S SHIP.

Im at the part where you use the dog with the pile. Guybursh just says "It doesnt seem to smell interesting to him" Any Help?

Im at the part where you use the dog with the pile. Guybursh just says "It doesnt seem to smell interesting to him" Any Help?

Have you visited the CLIFF yet (at the bottom of the island map) and used the FISHING ROD with the MAP PIECE? The GULL will carry the MAP PIECE to the BIG TREE, the DOG will then find it when you return to the HUT.

• 4 weeks later...
Im stuck on the part right at then end where you have to use the syringe on the doll, where is the doll. I can see no doll, anyone know what to do?

The doll is in your inventory. When you combine all the Voodoo ingredients in the Juju Bag, it will appear! It looks the same as when you created it to spook Largo LeGrande in Act I.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

excellent guide mate! one question thou, in the Dinky Island section where you say to give the parrot 3 crackers, i only got two from the box and so can only make it to the pile of rocks section.. then get lost when i go the way u said there is no giant x, other guides say you are to give the parrot the 3rd cracker at the area with the pile of rocks to find the giant x, is my game glitched as i only got two crackers??

excellent guide mate! one question thou, in the Dinky Island section where you say to give the parrot 3 crackers, i only got two from the box and so can only make it to the pile of rocks section.. then get lost when i go the way u said there is no giant x, other guides say you are to give the parrot the 3rd cracker at the area with the pile of rocks to find the giant x, is my game glitched as i only got two crackers??

You need to open the BARREL that's under the PARROT on the beach, near HERMAN. You will then get the third CRACKER. Once you give the CRACKER to the PARROT, you can then get to the next section of DINKY ISLAND.