Encyclopedia of the Common Man Guide

Tyger7

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am only missing Norris 3/3 and the Woodworker 3/3.

Any ideas as to what time of day and tips or tricks to obtain these final 2 ?

What is it exactly that they are doing at 3/3 ?

Just follow them around and keep checking. Sometimes, it will look like they are doing the same thing but they aren't. I got the achievement a little while ago, there's not really getting around it.

I am only missing Norris 3/3 and the Woodworker 3/3.

Any ideas as to what time of day and tips or tricks to obtain these final 2 ?

What is it exactly that they are doing at 3/3 ?

Use Eagle Vision, the homesteaders will light up when they are doing a scannable task. Norris and the woodworker were my last two and once I started using Eagle Vision I found the tasks I'd been missing.

Using the Animus weather/season hack to always sunny, day time definitely seemed to help. I actually loved this game but this achievement was retarded. I literally spent 15 minutes following the lumberer old lady walk around and wash windows until finally she churned some butter and I got the cheevo... I got an achievement for watching a woman churn butter, let that sink in for a moment...

getting so annoyed with this achievement now! and all for 10g *sigh*

I had no trouble getting all of them scanned until I had lumberjacks and miner left.... been about 2 days I have spent so long watching the lumberers ALL DAY and all they ever do is go fishing! ocassionally they smoke and once or twice I have seen them load the cart which I have obviously scanned, but never reading a newspaper or any of the other actions listed. And all Catherine ever does is clean the windows over and over again, i've never seen her churning butter. It's so frustrating.

in the case of norris (the miner) I see most people are having difficulty seeing him pan for gold... every single time I go there he is panning for gold and does it for hours at a time! I have never seen him mine or anything else. However, it gave me a scanned activity when I scanned him just standing around doing nothing so apparently I have 2/3 but if I scan him lighting a lantern it says activity already scanned, and when I tried to scan him sharpening tools it just wouldn't let me focus on the character?! this achievement is driving me insane does anyone have any tips for getting the lumberers to do jobs or seeing norris do anything except pan for gold?!

This one took a dedicated 2 hour sit down, but just focus on each character one at a time, and check the time of day! characters do different stuff at different times of day. Don't be afraid to chill on someone's roof for the night and spy on them first thing in the morning as they milk the cow haha

Never mind.. turns out I needed to complete the interactive conversations with Lance first.. then he spawned, Finally done with this game until new dlc comes out..

THANK YOU!! Left this achievement mostly done not long after the game first came out. Just finished the DLC so decided to finish this too, did all the entries I was missing damn quick and easy (which is nuts because I was having so much trouble before) but I spent way over 2 hours running round and round the Homestead looking for Lance who I have 0/3 with.

He was nowhere to be found until I saw your comment and did the conversation with him. Now I've actually found him, we'll see if I can record his actions though lol. Again, thank you, was going crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Help! I've got every artisan/tradesman at 3/3 except the woodworker Lance. He's at 1/3 but seems to have completely disappeared from the homestead. I've completed the main storyline and he still doesn't show up. He's never at his place of work and his indicator is nowhere to be seen either. Any clues as to where or how he can be found?

I really don't know how so many players had have problem nailing this achievment. I do it after completing all of the homestead missions and got in under two hours. Extra tip: if you scan an activity succesfully just wait for him to end his work and they go to their home, cabin etc. then just wait a little moment and they come out to start a new activity. Quaranteed to work with Norris, Big Dave, Lance, Oliver.

• 4 weeks later...

Even if the game came out a while ago, here's a tip I found you could actually add (sorry if this has already been mentionned). If it's nighttime and you want daytime to come back, load up sequence 6 chapter 1 and abort the memory as soon as possible. You'll be back where you were and the sun will be back.