PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Anime and Manga
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #20551
Metroid51X

The Neko Otaku's Gamercard
Holy crap I forgot that there is a new Black Butler anime out now a certain friend of my is going to lose it when she hears about it.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #20552
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Did anyone watch Knights of Sidonia? Apparently Netflix bought the rights to stream it exclusively which is pretty cool. They've also got Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Kill la Kill, Sword Art Online, and Death Note all in the last month. Should help convert some new anime fans.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #20553
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
Did anyone watch Knights of Sidonia?
Pretty cool show if you can get over the animation.

tehapoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:57 PM   #20554
Metroid51X

The Neko Otaku's Gamercard
Quote:
Did anyone watch Knights of Sidonia? Apparently Netflix bought the rights to stream it exclusively which is pretty cool. They've also got Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Kill la Kill, Sword Art Online, and Death Note all in the last month. Should help convert some new anime fans.
I have been noticing that, I hope they start adding more so I can can have an excuse to use netflix again since their anime catalog before was pretty damn small
Old 07-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #20555
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
But then they removed Angel Beats, which is what got me into anime

Just realized I reached 2000 posts 6 posts ago.

That's nearing having more posts in this thread than my post count.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.

Last edited by Ceris; 07-11-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Ceris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:05 AM   #20556
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Finished Fate stay/night. 7/10

Couple EPs of Sgt. Frog left.

otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM   #20557
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
Sword Art Online II ep 2:

This ep alone has sold me, not just for being more interested now, but it gave me the hopes for this new character to save this series for me and make it much better overall. Thought it's still one of the first eps, but for a character introduction ep, it's bloody perfect. Sinon/Shino is a badass, and she's got a nice bad ass too.

The ep also gave me a sense of playing a futuristic version of Sniper Elite that could play more agile and intense like that, if there ever was one.

MAL Steam Youtube
XBL: CrazyMvM94 / PSN: CrazyMv94

Last edited by CrazyMv94; Yesterday at 05:58 PM.
CrazyMv94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM   #20558
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Second episode of SAO 2 was amazing, interesting that they didn't explain the game mechanics yet. Should be elaborated later on then.

Shino best girl.
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM   #20559
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
I thought the SAO2 episode was slow paced, and just overall boring. They're drawing out the episodes to meet their 24 episode mark for the season. That whole confrontation could have been taken care of with a lot less time.

But yeah, Sinon/Shino best girl.

Sat down and watch a small few of the shows I'm planning on trying this season as well.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei was great as I expected it to be. End of the episode leading right into what the season is about

Yama no Susume S2's first episode was a bit slow, but it's still moe, so it will be enjoyable nonetheless.

Majimoji Rurumo was meh, but the loli is cute, so that's a plus. Probably on the lower end of things airing this season.

I don't even know about Ai Mai Mi S2... I'll just leave it as no-comment.

I am loving Locodol. The main girl makes everything so fun to watch. Everything about this is making it one thing I'm looking forward to this season. Nyanako.

Lastly, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha was awesome, the randomness, the characters, and even the stuff from before all the randomness was nice. This and Locodol have impressed me the most so far (though, I still have LOTS to watch, started 8/20 of my list this season)

Quote:
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.

Last edited by Ceris; Yesterday at 11:47 PM.
Old Today, 12:24 AM   #20560
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
I thought the SAO2 episode was slow paced, and just overall boring. They're drawing out the episodes to meet their 24 episode mark for the season. That whole confrontation could have been taken care of with a lot less time.

Honestly I thought the same, that is was dragged out. But IIRC, in the light Novel this was pretty much 1 whole chapter. Man, I wish we could hear Sinon's thoughts. LN: 1 Anime: 0
Old Today, 12:41 AM   #20561
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
I felt her thoughts were conveyed rather well with the directing and animation itself. The episode did seem a bit elongated (I thought when that encounter started it would be half the episode at best), but I still really like it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:47 AM   #20562
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post

As much as I've always talked shit about SAO, I have to disagree on that. I thought the episode did fit it's run-time to let the viewer get introduced and by this new character as it succeeded it's job on that. We get to know about how she deal things as a sniper, who she plays for as of right now, we even get to see her as she starts leading things up and gives orders to the group she's in on beating that other group. Her personality can also go too far as she's taking the game as a serious thing for some people such as the leader who was next to her, but I thought the ep did a terrific job on showing her ambition and passion for playing this online game. I had fun watching the ep I wasn't bored from what was going on and the action, the ep convinced me to love this character, I already love her personality, like I said the perfect word to describe Sinon is Badass.

Also best scene in the ep:

Now what's left to know is if she's got a more different kind of personality as Shino.

MAL Steam Youtube

Last edited by CrazyMv94; Today at 12:54 AM.
Old Today, 12:49 AM   #20563
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
I felt her thoughts were conveyed rather well with the directing and animation itself. The episode did seem a bit elongated (I thought when that encounter started it would be half the episode at best), but I still really like it.
Yea it was done decently, but as far as I remember in the LN, she goes over her plan in her head and explains a few mechanics of the game in her head.

Either way, it's well done and I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Virtual reality needs to be a thing.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMv94 View Post
Now what's left to know is if she's got a more different kind of personality as Shino.
If you want to know the answer to this:

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Jakez123; Today at 12:51 AM.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53 AM   #20564
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
^I'm not going to click nor read that spoiler until I find out by watching the actual show myself.

MAL Steam Youtube
Old Today, 12:59 AM   #20565
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Quote:
^I'm not going to click nor read that spoiler until I find out by watching the actual show myself.
You'll get your answer next episode. I'm looking forward to this one, it won't be dragged out because it's backstory, which is important anyway.

Quote:
Old Today, 02:55 AM   #20566
CrazyMv94

CrazyMvM94's Gamercard
^That's very interesting, excited to know much more about her character.

-

Started Tokyo Ghoul, first ep was actually really good, the atmosphere felt terrifying, the way each scene was shot for an animation made it even more suspenseful, the main character's situation is quite affecting for what he's in now, and for a horror-thriller I really got into it.

But then I find one thing, which is now probably my biggest issue with the anime: The Big Censorship (which was just shown during the first minute of the second episode). Though I don't blame the show for that, but the american distributors who are censoring it, and if their going to censor violence on a show dedicated for being violent, we have a problem. God fucking dammit Funimation, yet it's not the first time violence censorship ruined an anime for me, back then when I started watching Deadman Wonderland (another anime dedicated on violence distributed by Funimation) I've noticed that there was some censorship of some violent bits, at first I gave it a pass, but then it reaches to an episode where the whole episode is a black screen and you don't see shit on what is going on, at first I thought if that was supposed to happen or there was a big error going on, but then I realize that it was being fucking censored to living hell, I literally had to drop the show because of that episode if they were going to push the censorship that far.

So yeah I stopped watching the second episode after 3 minutes. I'll have to put Tokyo Ghoul on-hold until I find an uncensored version where I can still continue it from there and it's a shame since I've started to like that first ep.

-

Also started Akame ga Kill, I don't know what to think of this one, for being a first ep, the writing is kinda awkward and everything feels too coincidental. For an adventure-comedy I didn't expected much but I still rolled with it, the main character seems like a fag from his introduction to the way he approaches things, things start happening to him from here and there and the show keeps itself being as light and silly. Then halfway through the ep, the show took a switch and suddenly changed it's tone, I have to give it credit for making me go "oh shit I wasn't expecting that" From there it turns into a violent dark comedy, as for the violence it may not be as violent as Tokyo Ghoul but I'm glad that it's not censored just from seeing it. So first ep was okay I guess, don't know what else to expect in the future.

-

Will also finish Zvezda and Is The Order A Rabbit both at once soon but not for long.

MAL Steam Youtube

Last edited by CrazyMv94; Today at 04:27 AM.
Old Today, 04:49 AM   #20567
tehapoc

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
So yeah I stopped watching the second episode after 3 minutes. I'll have to put Tokyo Ghoul on-hold until I find an uncensored version where I can still continue it from there and it's a shame since I've started to like that first ep.
A lot of seinen shows are coming up with censoring. Best stick with blu-rays (BDs) when they come out.

If you're not terrified of reading manga, then you might also want to give it a spin instead.

tehapoc is offline   Reply With Quote