Goat Fly unlock glitch

I'm in Pico de Gallo and found one of the special move unlock statues (where the goat guy appears once you break them). However after breaking it, I didnt get a cutscene with the guy or a new skill (I guess goat fly). So now I'm stuck and can't progress. Reloading doesn't help. The area is on the top right of the Pico map. Any help would be appreciated, I really don't want to restart the game.

I ran into the same problem and unfortunately you have to start a new game:( . I got this from the official site

Known Issues:

Some users have brought several issues to our attention. We are working to fix them. In the meantime, here is the status of known issues.

Goat (wall) fly not granted after breaking statue in Pico de Gallo – The issue occurs when you talk to Javier Jaguar in the Sierra after you enter Pico de Gallo, but before you get Goat Fly. Can be avoided by completing the Pico de Gallo level before returning to the Sierra. Currently, there is no workaround and you must start a new game.

El Trio (3-headed skeleton) boss fight stops when boss health goes down to 50% – Unknown cause. Seems to not occur when you damage the boss in between fighting the skeletons that spawn in the boss fight. (you should throw the skeletons at the boss and damage him while he is dazed)

Boat in Canal de las Flores does not move – This is caused by quitting the game after the boat fight but before hitting a checkpoint. Currently, there is no workaround and the you will have to start a new game.

what??? are you saying there are two possible locations to get goat fly? i thought goat fly was earned in sierra moreno, no pico de gallo. in all the walkthroughs i have seen people dont even go into pico de gallo.

edit: ok, i can confirm that there is a glitch with goat fly.

Edited by xXSauliuSXx

Try using this, haven't done it myself but is working for some.

Hey, Guacamelee developer here.

Really sorry that you experienced this issue. We have a theoretical workaround that you can try using to unlock Goat Fly without having to completely restart the game:

If you make your way to the El Infierno level, and complete Challenge #8, it should hopefully unlock Goat Fly for you.

We're hoping that this will unlock the power for you, and allow you to complete the game!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this is super disappointing. Had it happen to me too. Dude, I'm not sure I can start from scratch. Might try going back and doing challenge 8. I've already beat it though, so I have a feeling I'm screwed. :(

EDIT It worked! Wooooooo! If anyone else has this problem go complete challenge 8 in El Infierno, the ability will unlock as soon as you exit the challenge.

Edited by LovecraftsTentacle
Update on whether fix works or not.

Does complete mean gold medal? I've gotten a silver and it didn't unlock.

Edit: Just got gold and still no good. Sigh.

Edit 2: You don't get any instructions from the boss man. If you try to do the goat fly though it will work after completing challenge 8.

Phew.

Edited by THE DEADLY DOG

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think I can even get out of pico de Gallo. As far back as I can go is to the platforming section where you have to outrun the rising lava.

EDIT: So, having never broken the last goat statue, never spoken with the man about the goat fly ability, but being in the exact spot where the statue should be; after trying to backtrack and escape the Pico de Gallo level to no avail I decided to just try the goat fly ability, AND IT WORKED! I doubt this would be the case for everyone because I never even saw a statue let alone broke a statue.

Edited by Licensedshoes