Is there hardcore POTTY MOUTH in this game?

I know they say some stuff in OF: Dragon Rising and I havent seen a button to cut it off, but also I havent really looked because it doesnt bother me that much. I would suppose there is some in Red River.

additional information.... you have to 'MUTE' the potty mouths on xbox live co-op... if you dont like potty mouths and the way the military use such toilet talk, then realistically you shouldn't be playing the game, as becoming ingrosed in the gameplay is all part of listening to the audio

• 3 weeks later...

For all the arguments about "realism" as an excuse for all the swearing in this game, to be honest, they did go over the top with all the swearing included, and it just got tedious to listen too. It just felt a bit forced rather than natural, and the dialogue was one of the weaker portions of an otherwise great game.

For all the arguments about "realism" as an excuse for all the swearing in this game, to be honest, they did go over the top with all the swearing included, and it just got tedious to listen too. It just felt a bit forced rather than natural, and the dialogue was one of the weaker portions of an otherwise great game.

I massively agree, with all the realism that the game actually purveys (use of suppressive fire, flanking manoeuvers, one shot kills etc) the poor voice acting lets it down big time. I understand that marines probably do curse, but the voice acting in this game makes it almost laughable. As X360A's review says, they seem to be trying to do the "Generation Kill" thing making war more modern and teenage friendly effectively.

If only this game maintained a more mature tone, like that in the most recent Medal of Honor this would be an even more authentic gaming experience.

• 3 months later...

M for mature. Also over the top? I do not know about marines but I can tell you a soldier here in Canada. Seems the F word followed by every curse in every language is the only vocabulary allong with the most absurd insults and harsh remarks you can imagine. Do not like it I guess you should not join.

Edited by wenerdog

• 4 weeks later...

I dunno, I think the swearing wasn't done well - it's like they are trying too hard to be cool. "Sgt Johnson" here in these first levels, the guy giving you orders, is like a videogame cursing hardguy stereotype.

I would have much rather had OF pandered less to the adolescents, and tuned the game for a more mature crowd. Take for example how professional the original Xbox Ghost Recon did mission briefings. Made you feel like a elite warrior...instead of some scrub tool taking orders from a fool.

At least BF:BC2 tried to be funny with their cursing.

• 11 months later...