What are the main advandages and disadvantages of Windows phone?

KOLEMBH24

Not really sure what you mean by valuable, safe and secure but you really should spell check before you post. In any case, I love my Nokia Lumia 920. It has a great camera, works with no problems at all. Although the apps for Window phones is a bit lacking I am confident that it will pick up eventually. The best part about windows phone is that you can earn achievements on the go! The windows phone isn't as useful for business type people as say a Black Berry, but I don't see that as a downside at all. It's definitely not as friendly for social media stuff such as Facebook but it does work decently enough. The screen is amazing and the graphics are quite impressive for a phone. Hope that answers some of your questions!

My Lumia 520 (and it's the weakest WP8 device) works much better than Android devices with similar or somewhat better specs. For me, the main pros are

• Speed - WP8 is incredibly fast. If an app takes 2 seconds to open once, it's very unlikely that you'll wait more (or less) than that for any consequitive run. Even with 512MB RAM, I can switch between two games (ie playing Alphajax with my GF and playing FF3 while I'm waiting for her turn)
  • Readability - although Metro is hated on PCs, I think it's more than great for phones. A simple, clean, icon design makes it very easy to spot what you're looking for in the sea of apps on your Start screen
  • Music player - although with heavy bugs in WP8, WP8.1 fixed those and the player is better than ever. You even get a nice background picture for the current artist (in addition to album art)
  • Xbox - of course, the biggest pro for me was turning Mirosoft Phones into some kind of a PSP and NDS competitor, I bet they'd call it Xbox Pocket or something if it wasn't a mobile phone already :D

Pros are the lack of third party app support, but those are popping up here and there. Perhaps WP8.1 and the fact that Microsoft released the SDK to the public will give birth to a greater number of third-party apps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I've owned a windows phone for about 1 day and found it shitty. Android since!

I'm of the opposite opinion, I've had 2 Samsung Galaxy phones and I hate the Android OS, it's too big a drain on the battery IMO, and there's not enough free games and stuff on Google Play like there is on IOS.

I recently switched from Android to WP8 (Lumia 930) and I love it.

Pros:

- Metro start screen is great. Fast informative readable and easy to customize.

- Great cameras.

- Very fast OS.

- Xbox. The reason I wanted a WP8. I have little spare time to play my Xbox and to play Xbox Live games and earning achievements whenever is fantastic :)

Cons:

- As others have mentioned the App Selection is poor compared to IOS/Android, but it's picking up.

- Atm there is a problem with WP8 and Xbox.com synchronization which is very annoying, but it will be fixed in time.

Conclusion:

If you can live without Snapchat and other apps for a while then go for a WP8, if not, wait some time and the app selection will surely be expanded.