Official "If they came to hear me beg." is glitched/impossible thread.

Never Final

First off its not glitched or impossible. Plenty of people have it.

TIPS::

Difference between Melee and Assassination: You have to HOLD DOWN the button to assassinate him. Try it in a custom game with friends and you'll see.

In order to get this achievement you have to fall directly BEHIND the elite and assassinate (holding down the button) just as you reach him. If you land on top of him you survive whether you melee'd or not. Falling to far away of course is bad as well.

When you spawn from the checkpoint walk forward a bit and then sprint and jump off. See where he is. Correct your jump as needed. Always do the same jump as soon as you spawn and just adjust it. If you dont have a good angle on him restart the mission and try it again. It should change his position. When I did it he was always behind the front of the truck on the right side.

When you sprint and jump off, get your bearings and cancel sprint as soon as you feel you'll make it to him. If you dont the assassination wont happen.

As Bungie has stated always aim for the head.

For those that havent watched the videos on Youtube do it. If you say you are doing it over and over without the achievement unlocking but all your doing it melee bashing him and not doing an "assassination" then you arent doing it correctly. You basically have to be an inch off the ground directly behind him when your assassination registers. If you hit the ground and perform the assassination it should count. If you do it before you hit the ground it may not. When it unlocked for me I was hurt slightly. But I had done it several times where I was completely uninjured.

It just takes correct timing and positioning to do it correctly. It took me about 30 mins to do. I watched one video just to see an example and did the rest on my own.

Correct Jump that should work will go something like this: Spawn, walk forward a tad and then sprint to the cliff where you know he should be. Jump off at the last second. Get your bearings and aim for his head. As soon as you feel youll make it to him cancel your sprint. Keep your sights on his head and fall behind him (not on top). Hold your melee just as you reach him. You should barely hit the ground before performing the assassination.

Add this thread to your favorites. If someone makes a new thread simply forward them to this one. Add your own tips if you want.

Edited by Never Final

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a note, but if the elite isn't in the desire position, all you need to do is wait until he starts to patrol. no need to restart the mission. :)

But if hes not there then you have to wait each time you fail. If you simply restart which is less then 10 seconds walk. He will be in a a new location. I had him in a spot to where as soon as a loaded i could run and jump off and he would be there. I didnt have to look first. Saved alot of time when it took me almost 100 tries to get it right. Eventually repeated dying will move the checkpoint back and youll have to look again.

It took me about 30 mins. to do this one, its not impossible. I found that it can be extremely buggy, like you pull it off but you somehow were not high enough to warrant the achievement or you melee and all it does it hit him and he dies stuff like that. This could of been designed better with specific situations in the campaign in mind other then this one instance at the end of the game.

It took me about 30 mins. to do this one, its not impossible. I found that it can be extremely buggy, like you pull it off but you somehow were not high enough to warrant the achievement or you melee and all it does it hit him and he dies stuff like that. This could of been designed better with specific situations in the campaign in mind other then this one instance at the end of the game.

Im pretty sure this is the spot in the game where it was meant to be done. A bungie tester probably did it on accident screwing around and thought Hey lets make that an achievement. I like quirky achievements like this but not ones that take insane precision.

No.

Officially it is glitched.

I have done the assassination with just a little sprint and then canceled upon the jump.

I have done the assassination with full sprint all the way down.

I have gone through the assassination animation of me falling down onto the elite all Rambo.

I have gone through the assassination with the animation that would happen when doing a regular behind them - ie, I made contact with the ground.

It.

Is.

Glitched.

No.

Officially it is glitched.

I have done the assassination with just a little sprint and then canceled upon the jump.

I have done the assassination with full sprint all the way down.

I have gone through the assassination animation of me falling down onto the elite all Rambo.

I have gone through the assassination with the animation that would happen when doing a regular behind them - ie, I made contact with the ground.

It.

Is.

Glitched.

No. It. Isnt.

your just not doing it right.

You may be doing all of that, but just so you know, there are points where the elite moves where you wont die hitting the ground. The elite has to be in the right spot for you to be able to reach it and for you to normally die.

it comes eventually

It isn't glitched!?

Read the achievement description and then take into account the specifications needed to get the achievement. With the chances of not knowing for certain that it would work...

If its chance then its glitchy.

I could go through Theatre and capture the numerous amount of times I've done this with different variety of how I did it and how the animation played out.

It isn't glitched!?

Read the achievement description and then take into account the specifications needed to get the achievement. With the chances of not knowing for certain that it would work...

If its chance then its glitchy.

I could go through Theatre and capture the numerous amount of times I've done this with different variety of how I did it and how the animation played out.

ITS NOT GLITCHED ITS NOT GLITCHED ITS NOT GLITCHED!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://i56.tinypic.com/e6516t.jpg

Well I did not looked where he stand...

He always walks this line (till ur partner is down on the ground):

. . .

At me he was in the middle, after checkpoint i went to the cliff, activated sprint a bit be4, jumped to him, turned sprint off at about 60 % of fall and assassinated him.

Well of course it needs a bit of practice, but as there r some guys who already habe the chevo, it cant be glitched...imo

Its not glitched, it just takes time. Assuming your doing it at the beginning of the last level, you just have to keep sprinting off, stop sprint middair and try to assassinate. When i did it, loads of different things happened. Died from impact, hit the elite in the back of the head, killing him without assassination, landed on him, surviving the fall etc. If you get an assassination without the achievement popping up, you were too close to the ground when sprint stopped, and so the fall would not have been fatal if you had just fallen from that point.

Thing is, we're all playing the exact same code on a virtually uniform platform. It can't really be miraculously glitched for some people and not for others. At worst, it's just a fussy achievement.

I got it today after about 10 minutes of trying, and it popped the first time the assassination actually executed. All my previously attempts pretty much ended up missing the elite, embarrassingly enough. However, I did die on all my landings, so it's probably worth making a few jumps without trying to assassinate to make sure you're consistently kicking the bucket before trying to land the kill as well.

Edited by Sentox

can someone help me here?

i feel like my timing has been perfect and i should have the achievement. but every time it does the wrong assassination cutscene. instead, i push the elite face down into the dirt, then stomp on his head. it comes up with the knife assassination symbol, but the achievement won't unlock.

this has happened seven times now, does anyone know what i have to do to get the right cutscene and the achievement to trigger?

Disclaimer: I haven't gotten this achievement (or even tried) yet, so this is only speculation, but...

If you manage to pull off the execution, but you still don't get the achievement because the fall wouldn't have killed you, it seems you could increase your odds a bit by hitting yourself with a grenade or something (decreasing your health, but not killing yourself) before you go for it. Of course, if they test the achievement based solely on the distance you fall, then your health wouldn't make a difference. Also, as I have not played that far into the campaign yet, I don't know if you even have grenades at that point.

I linked the achievement hunter video in another thread and tried to explaining what worked for me, but in the interim I found this at Bungie.net

If They Came to Hear Me Beg

If your lunge is too forward it will slow your fall and this achievement will not be triggered as you are no longer traveling at a terminal velocity. Try lunging straight down on the target Elite’s head as you are falling so you don’t lose terminal velocity. This usually takes multiple attempts and can be tough to trigger. Don’t give up!

So....think high jump instead of long jump. Get as much height as you can on the jump over the cliff and try to come straight down on the elite's head.

I tried for about an hour to get this the other night with no luck. I couldn't reach him, I'd get the assassination animation, I'd slide off his head and hit the container...etc.

I adjusted the angle of the attack and got it the first time I made contact with the assassination move.

The achievement isn't glitched. The approach is.

MARVEL AT MY MSPAINT SKILLS!

http://imgur.com/yVke8.jpg

Edited by guthmund

then this is 100% glitched because i've gotten that animation 21 times now and still no achievement.

Well, a shortlist of things that I was doing.

1. Waited for the Elite to make his first move, either left or right, then back away for a run up. That way I only had to judge my distance in mid-air, not lateral movement.

2. As guthmund says, jump high. Sprint will keep you moving forward, so I found getting as much height as possible beneficial.

3. Cancel sprint two thirds of the way down, once you've travelled far enough forward to land right behind the Elite: release the button then tap it again. If you're still burning sprint at the bottom, you might not die from the landing (go figure).

4. Aim at the Elite's head and assassinate when you're in range.

Not saying this is necessarily the "right" way, but it's what worked for me.