Skull Location Thread

Free Beer

Ok ok ok, I know there's a thread about the skulls already. Props to Bringin SXC bak for giving us his info. But I figured I'd make a thread that is more organized so we can map these things out. Feel free to post what you find and all accurate and relevant information will be added to benefit us all. Thanks in advance for the help, lets find these fuckers.

So far we seem to "know" of 5 Skulls:

~ Orange

~ Blue

~ Brown

~ Purple

~ Green

• It also seems that these skulls may not always spawn in the same spots, but I have a hunch that there's a set hand-full of spot that certain skulls will spawn.

• We know the skulls reward us with mods.

• We know that once a skull is found, each one has a certain location that the skull must be "placed."

• Note: The skulls do NOT show up in your inventory, so don't tweek if you pick it up and don't see it on your list. This is not a glitch.

So here we go...

The Orange Skull

Location(s)

~ In Act II, after you travel through the Sewers and first reach the Supermarket. At the VERY FIRST stair case that you come across that you have to go up, go behind it and you will find a metal chest and some shopping carts. Inside one of the shopping carts will be the Orange Skull.

~ Others have said they found this skull somewhere in the Sewers before its drop point. When I get an exact Location I will add it.

Drop Point

In the Sewer shortly before you get to the Supermarket you ill be in a long room will a centralized trench full of toxic waste. I've seen there be a Floater in the area 2 out of the 3 times Ive been through it. Also in the middle of the room there is a refrigerator sticking out of the waste near the edge that has Energy Drinks in it. on the left side of this room you will find a ladder. At the top of the ladder you will be on a small platform with a single walker on the ground sitting against the wall, and a door to your right. Go in the door and in the left corner of the room behind some junk and boxes is a pile of White Skulls with an arrow point down to the top of them. You will be prompted to place the skull on top of the pile. And POOF! This video will help (Thank you XxSKETCHxX313)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRlpsebryag&feature=related]Dead Island: Orange skull pickup and dropoff locations - YouTube[/ame]

Reward: developers no. 1 craft

The Blue Skull

Location(s)

~ So far I've only heard of this skull being in this set location. In Act II in the City there is a Side Quest called "Uninvited Guests" where you have to kill the Zombies in this girl Alicia's apartment. Once you get through the apartment and get upstairs theres a room that I guess is a kitchen, it has a stove in it with a burner on, across the hall is another room, when you enter the doorway to the left is a cabinet-type thing with a glass door on it. Inside sitting on a shelf is the Blue Skull. You have to smash the glass before you can pick it up.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The drop point for the Purple Skull is in Alicia's kitchen in this apartment, I haven't tested it yet, but I've been told that once you exit this apartment you can't get back in. So if you're planning on getting the Purple Skull, WAIT TO GO GET THE BLUE ONE!

Posted by "Dayam": Also I can confirm that you can reenter Alicia's Apartment AS LONG AS YOU DON'T TALK TO HER. I found the drop off for the purple skull, left the building and got the skull and returned. As long as the quest is active I believe you can go back into the building.

Look under the Purple Skull for a vid that shows the drop location for Purple and the pick up location for Blue.

Drop Point

Back at the Resort (Yes, Act I, you can fast travel back there at any fast travel location, I recommend the Life Gaurd tower.) In the South East corner of the map there is a bunker that if crowded by a hand full of zombies, and a guy trapped by them. Follow the beach, its hard to miss, you'll know it when you see it. Kill the zombies (Obviously) and free him, he will lead you inside and in the main room there's a manhole cover on the ground, which serves as a portal to another bunker on the other side of the map. Once you go through it you will be in a room with two doors and a ladder. One door has boxes in front of it, ignore this door. In the other corner of the room on the other side of a pile of junk there is another door. You need to go up the ladder and pick up one of the red gas tanks up there and drop it down, place it in front of the door and shoot it to blow up the door. In side the room there will be a square indentation on the wall will a skull to the right of it, and an empty space for a skull to the left of it, place the Blue Skull and POOF! Teddy Bears for everyone. This video will help.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z2x841kVnA]Dead island: Blue skull drop location - YouTube[/ame]

Reward: developers no. 3 craft

The Brown Skull

Location(s)

~ Back at the Act I Resort area. Its located in the bunker on the downstairs floor by the lighthouse. (its the first bunker you get into through story progression) This is kind of tough for me to explain because I haven't physically gone and gotten this one yet, but I found this video on youtube that shows where it is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L_MxUyoZ0g]Dead Island: Brown Skull location / Drop location - YouTube[/ame]

Drop Point

You have to climb therock mountain on the east coast of the island and its at the very top. Theres a couple skulls sitting on the rocks and you place it on top. This video shows you perfectly how to get there.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW3BdkrrZKU]Dead Island Brown Skull location and mod location - YouTube[/ame]

Reward: developer 666 craft

The Purple Skull

Location(s)

~ In the sewers of Act II again. Just enter the sewers in front of the church and follow the path. This video makes it pretty easy to find:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI0TV4o8neI]Dead Island: Purple Skull location - YouTube[/ame]

Drop Point

As I previously stated at the Blue Skull, the Drop Point for this one is in Alicia's bedroom in her apartment, right across the hall from where you find the Blue Skull. This video will help, it also shows where you can pick up the blue skull.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI0TV4o8neI]Dead Island: Purple Skull location - YouTube[/ame]

Reward: developer no. 4 craft "just mindblowinf craft by Simon!"

The Green Skull

FlyBoy120586

Go to the southwest gas station on the island. Head towards the right to the mountains. The mountain near the water you can climb around. sitting in a tool box.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWXP3BgM7Pk]Green Skull-Dead Island - YouTube[/ame]

Courtesy of TLOR FETT

Drop Point

Go to the supermarket. Head towards the little eating area. There should be an Aisle of teddy bears with a green floor and a flashlight shining on the teady bear. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Courtesy of FlyBoy120586 via GameFaqs forum poster Deatharises77.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_uFqwxD8PU&feature=player_embedded]Dead Island Green Skull Dropoff Location - YouTube[/ame]

video courtesy of FlyBoy120586

Reward: developers no. 2 craft

Thats pretty much all I have so far. Waiting on news for new skulls, maybe Red and Green? If anyone has additional info please post it. Thanks a lot! Hope this helped!

Edited by Free Beer

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Guide! Can't wait to find them all.

Anyway just a few things I noticed.

The Purple skull drop off location is in the kitchen lol, not bedroom. Be kinda weird having a stove in the bedroom.

Also I can confirm that you can reenter Alicia's Apartment AS LONG AS YOU DON'T TALK TO HER. I found the drop off for the purple skull, left the building and got the skull and returned. As long as the quest is active I believe you can go back into the building.

you can get mutiple diamonds for colleting brand champagne. just grind the champange!

Yes, with the item glitch its quite easy. Eith either diamonds or Champagne, if you or your buddy has some of either have them come in, drop them on the ground, then dashboard, and rejoin. Rinse and repeat. Diamonds for EVERYONNNNNE! Without having to talk to that annoying drunk slut. :woop:

*Spoilers*

The Developer 666 craft is the by far the best one though. I have 2 of the others (Purple and Blue) and although they're unbelievable weapons (one has a 100% chance of critical and the other has a 75% chance) they don't make the game as easy as 666 does. It's basically an instant shock-knockdown attack that requires the use of all your stamina. Which means whenever you run into a special zombie you can instantly knock him down and curb stomp him for an instant kill. Really helps against high-level Rams, Thugs, and Butchers.

Can you please post what the blue prints do, maybe use spoiler tags for those who don't want to see

not 100% on what each does, havent had a chance to build them myself. If you got the info lemme know and ill add it

Any idea how i can get this thread stickied??

not 100% on what each does, havent had a chance to build them myself. If you got the info lemme know and ill add it

Any idea how i can get this thread stickied??

As it gets completed a mod should stickie it. I haven't found any skulls just wondering what you get to determining if I want to find them.

And btw look who's not too lazy to do a guide, lol. I knew you could do it

I think there is a definite possibility that there are 2 skulls missing. Because with the 4 that we've found, the developer's craft goes 1, 3, 4, and 666. With 666 just being a clever way of doing the 6th developer mod that fits in with the theme of the game. So there's a possibility we're still missing skulls 2 and 5.

I think there is a definite possibility that there are 2 skulls missing. Because with the 4 that we've found, the developer's craft goes 1, 3, 4, and 666. With 666 just being a clever way of doing the 6th developer mod that fits in with the theme of the game. So there's a possibility we're still missing skulls 2 and 5.

I agree, me and acouple friends were talking about this, just cant beleave no1 has found any in the Jungle yet with all of those skulls just chillin on pikes lol

just made it 3 now

1.electro military knife...poor:mad: give my diamonds back!

2.mindblowing military knife...it spec +75% instant kill but i think it's 100% instant kill good!

3.left hand of glova...best weapon! push thug down

then curb stomp with xian easily!(i will try it with jason lol)

Edited by hayabusaDGO

Found this on Gamefaqs, and all credit goes to the original poster: username Deatharises77

Green Skull.. PICK UP - Go to the southwest gas station on the island. Head towards the right to the mountains. The mountain near the water you can climb around. siting in a tool box. DROP OFF - Go to the supermarket. Head towards the little eating area. There should be an Aisle of teddy bears with a green floor and a flashlight shining on the teady bear.

EDIT:

CONFIRMED.

Video soon, probably

Edited by FlyBoy120586

Can you get back their once you have hit Jungle? If so how?

Right now I am in the Jungle right before the Prison. Fast travel to the Church in the city and run to the nearest sewer.

Try to remember how to get to the city hall and then to the Supermarket from there.

Basically:

Church>Sewer>City Hall>Sewer>Supermarket

Video I recorded:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_uFqwxD8PU]Dead Island Green Skull Dropoff Location - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry for terrible quality but I don't have a capture card