Your Last Canister/Difficult Canisters

The Pants Party

TIP: Search for canisters before anything else! This way you won't have grabbed any during missions and everything will be in place when using the map. Now, open the map in the program Paint or something similar. Every time you collect a canister, use the eraser tool to erase it off the map. Every time you save your game, save the map to your desktop so everything matches up. Do not save the map without saving your game! I saved the map once and then my game froze and I lost all my progress on the canisters, but a bunch were now erased off my map and I didn't know which ones.

Oh, and start from the top, going back and forth like the way a printer prints out a sheet. I did the entire top section, then left side, then the right side, then central park, then the left half of the bottom, then the right half of the bottom. Better to cut it into sections like that, I think.

Edited by The Pants Party

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually had no problem with the canisters at all except the ones that were out of place on the map guide. Surprisingly because i'm horrible at maps and collecting things. I would suggest that keeping your warning level at 0 helps cause the red ones make a faint sound and with the music and people trying to kill you is a distraction you can do without. I believe that all red canisters (except the ones at the docks and central park) are on top of buildings in plain sight. A few are inside of something, like a water tower or those little structures. The map is mostly dead on with the locations, so try putting your courser right on the spot. that's what I did.

Don't forget about the ones in water towers and sheds.

I was in the Gamma canister 98 club until my game save reset. I went back and found every green canister and traded the game in for $20. RRIKER ANGRY, but he got $20 for not smashing the game.

boy though, I was stewing in my own rage as I crossed off each canister from the map.

Finally got it during my fourth run through the map!

My last one was SW of Madison Square Garden about halfway up the building on a ledge.

I hate those you have to climb most sides of the building before you hear it, and by that point, the building is quite fragile.

Anyway, congrats! Enjoy your endzone dance.

If a whole bunch of people start making 99/98 thread, I request sticky of this thread (since it was started by a Mod anyway).

Edited by RRIKER

Hey was there been any updated map for the fury canister locations, got all of the gamma and now just need 1 more fury canister, got 99 and its making me insane not having an updated map and just dont got the time to to go every building to find that last fury canister.

Any update on missing furies or are they all confirmed right on that map? Game goesback tomorrow thats why im asking got eveything but this achievement

Man guess tonight ill restart and get all my red furys, Shouldnt take too long I guess

Edited by DwayneDays

I used the map that was at wikicheats (before I noticed that there was an edited map here), and from that map, I was able to get all Fury canisters, but I missed 2 Gamma canisters, because they were in the wrong place, or just not shown at all. The edited map, however, showed one of the canisters I missed, but the other spot (the one in the southeast) didn't have a canister at all.

I used the map that was at wikicheats (before I noticed that there was an edited map here), and from that map, I was able to get all Fury canisters, but I missed 2 Gamma canisters, because they were in the wrong place, or just not shown at all. The edited map, however, showed one of the canisters I missed, but the other spot (the one in the southeast) didn't have a canister at all.

Be careful...it's a tricky one (weird ledge)

The entire block where that supposed canister is supposed to be was pretty short (not like most of the other locations, where the building are pretty high off the ground, and have canisters in objects, and some of them had canisters in the alley-like areas, which this one does not), and I heard no chimes at all. Which got me thinking that it's probably not in that area that's mentioned.

EDIT: So, what's so "weird" about this ledge? That's not really much to go on.

Edited by GalaxyRed13

Finally got all of the canisters. Took me 3 run throughs with a map and a pen. What I ended up doing was checking every building next to the one marked (espically if they we higher up) to get a better perspective of possible locations of the canister.

Wish I would have thought of it my first time through though.

FX.

After my first attempt, I have two fury canisters left. (Got all the Gamma ones.) I'll try to remember to post which ones, if and when I find them.

Edit:

1.) Between the Latverian Embassy and Central Park, on the same building as the comic book. The comic book is on the very top of the building, the Rage canister was on the west side of the same building on a ledge. Poor camera angles made this one difficult for me to find.

Edited by its delicious

After my first attempt, I have two fury canisters left. (Got all the Gamma ones.) I'll try to remember to post which ones, if and when I find them.

Edit:

1.) Between the Latverian Embassy and Central Park, on the same building as the comic book. The comic book is on the very top of the building, the Rage canister was on the west side of the same building on a ledge. Poor camera angles made this one difficult for me to find.

Woah, Delicious...listing 200 or so canister descriptions may be a bit much.

If you really want to do something like that, may I recommend getting a clean copy of the gamma/rage map, numbering them, and writing your own little guide on how to get them. Submit to a new thread and/or GameFAQS/Wikicheats, as many people will be looking to it for assistance. Good luck if you want to go through with it. If you want, after you number the map and I'm sure a couple of forum posters will post a few descriptions you can use ;). OR you can take a screencap of each one before you get it and upload it to a picassa album (see crackdown - hidden orbs guide).

Ha, hell no am I listing *every* canister. :) I was just going to list the two rage ones I had trouble finding. (Much like slumber/pants party did with the SW of MSG one.)

Right now I could either go through all the points yet again and hope to find the one remaining canister I need, or I could just start a new game and collect them all. The latter seems like it will actually be faster, or at least less excruciating.

Edit: I started a new game and collected them all after the subways opened up. This whole process took about 1 and 3/4 hours, in which time I got a whole mess of feats and unlocked all the subways. Much easier than trying to track down the last canister, and alot less reliant upon luck. Also, a second run-through the canisters did not reveal which one I had been missing.

Edited by its delicious

Just a humble contribution because I just nailed the 1000...

after my first run I ended with 920GP and pulled a double 99 on the canisters.

So I pulled the (updated) map and started over.

Here are some things that made my life easier...

- Do a little mission work. Let the game guide you through the first steps (climbing the building etc.) and than help the reporter on the first new york mission.

- this will unlock subways and enclave teams. With this you can unlock both jump upgrades and sprinting in no time (matter of minutes really). This allowed me to clear the map in 90 minutes. BTW I also used the "punch travel" a lot. This is when you do a charged jump and in mid air you do a charged punch. Hulk will stop its ballistic curve do a flying punch and than resume the curve, which allows you do do a lot of rooftops in a very short time.

- of course I used the "paintshop-cross off the map" as well, which I only saved AFTER I used the subway.

I forced myself to save after every 10 canisters. This was kind of a "freeze-crash"-proof way.

Thanks again for the map.

Hope that helps.

Fidibus