New Mode - Kill Confirmed. Your thoughts

So, I was one of the ones that was really and I mean really looking forward to this mode.

First the sad story. Go to the midnight release come home. Put the game in and... internet, phone, cable all out. *face palm* So I couldn't play online at all last night. Grrr.

Today, I throw the disc in and load up Kill Confirmed and after a couple matches realize it's an amazing game mode and they did it right. I have played the vast majority of my MP time in Kill Confirmed and have ran into very little camping and lots of running and gunning and close quarter combat.

Before MW3 I was not much of a Run and Gunner at all. I was more of a slower pace keep moving type of player. However, now it's run run run all the time. I love it. Especially when you see three sets of gold tags and know an enemies around the corner and you have that decision to make.

Stay and fend him off, try to kill him, or run for the tags and hope you get the 3 before he gets you.

I haven't seen to much talk about it yet. But, in my opinion it's a fantastic mode. I haven't even ventured into Spec Ops yet which I really am looking forward to as well.

Who has played Kill Confirmed yet and what are your thoughts?

I played one game of it tonight so far and I gotta say...it was a nice spin on the typical TDM. Of course there were those kids who would still corner camp and try to rack up killstreaks but it was getting them no where and most everyone on our team went positive and we won.

I'll have to give it more time to see what type of players stick around there.

What I thought of that mode is a great mode for people to co-operate and work in pairs(or more). So if one of your guys got killed...you atleast see where it came from...kill the guy...or atleast grab your buddies tags before the enemy did. I have to say...it felt like the squad games in Battlefield 3. Which is really nice...and its great to see people helping each other in that manner. I really enjoy that mode.

Personally, I love this mode and have played it more than any other. I have noticed less camping in here and more people running around chasing each other. I have noticed people stealing dog tags when I kill someone and my teammate grabs it, and it kinda sucks, but overall it's no big deal, as it still helps us win.

I have not had a team just camp and force me to get all the tags, as mentioned earlier, though. I have also noticed no one really snipes in this mode, as they want the extra points from their kills.

Also, this is an excellent mode early on if you have double XP (from Mountain Dew or Prestige points)/

I have had 0 issues connection to a game. Even with a party of 4 longest wait is maybe a minute.

Personally, I don't think it's the servers.

I assume you're playing the "your internet just sucks" card, as there's always one person who does. I'm not the only person with this issue and my internet is beyond fine. All other games, including Black Ops and MW2 connect fine. So, no, it's not a problem on my end.

I assume you're playing the "your internet just sucks" card, as there's always one person who does. I'm not the only person with this issue and my internet is beyond fine. All other games, including Black Ops and MW2 connect fine. So, no, it's not a problem on my end.

I have had a few issues, too. In fact, about 20 minutes ago I kept getting an error message that said the connection to xbox live had terminated or something like that, but when I left the game and went to the marketplace, everything was loading fine. I went back into the game, and the message was gone.

No. I'm saying I don't think it's the servers.

It could be any number of things. But people like to throw the "the servers suck, my internet is perfect" card too right?

Could be Nat, modem, router, connection cable, cable to house, interference, etc. But as you said on the reverse it doesn't have to always be the server either. I don't want to argue I would rather talk about the thread topic.

I dislike it. My whole teams till tends to camp and I am the only one collecting dog tags resulting in kill, collect, die constantly. Hard to go positive with a team like that.

Exactly. I have finished matches with 30 to 40 kills and collected 90% of them, and I also go out of my way to collect other peoples tags as I see them get kills and run right past them. I can collect 40 tags in a round while the person in second place has 6 kills and hasnt moved from his spot. The game mode is great when teams actually want to pick up tags and deny tags from the enemy. It is probably my favorite mode, but only when people decide to play it right. Other wise it just makes me mad.

Love it.

I just love it, its all I've played, my K/D Ratio is 0.9 playing it though, Because nobody else seems to be going for Tags !

I've seen people kill people infront of them & run away, its just stupid, so when my teams losing 40 - 21 i just slap on my ump kit & sprint around collecting tags & getting the win for my team :)

Great fun, but gets frutrating when you go Run, Dogtag then get peppered with bullets

I love it! It's a nice addition to TDM and if I pick up someone else's tags, he get's the points too so no worrying about that. Get's you more XP too, over regular TDM.

Haven't played any other mode actually. Kill & Collect is my new favourite :)

The bolded part made me very happy when I realized that. Although there have been people online who purposes avoid a teammates tags to not steal them. They'll learn.

The bolded part made me very happy when I realized that. Although there have been people online who purposes avoid a teammates tags to not steal them. They'll learn.

I found out by accident when I played it for the first time. I killed someone and one of my teammates walked over the tag. At first I was like ":mad:" but then I also got the "Kill confirmed" message and xp and then I thought ":drunk".

The only thing with your own tag is that if a teammate takes your tag before you get them after a respawn you don't get anything. But that's not really a problem because that still denies the other team your kill. Which is good :)

Getting your own tag back however is a nice XP boost, 250 points.

Edited by Vortex Elegy