#1 Nom - November 2011. Which levels aren't yet "maxed out"

LoAlexandria

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally!!! I did it! :D after some days training i beat the WR today, in the Advanced 2-3, and yes, i followed the guide video up here. The picture:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3446/yeahnum1.jpg

Thank you for posting the records in both versions, i focused in the 2-3 and voila! :woop: :drunk IM HAPPY. Now i can continue with the others noms de guerre.

Ohh no! GJ. It took me about 1 hour to figure out how to get that time and about 2 hours to pull it off. I knew if someone else figured it out, they would be able to knock a second or so off of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kingofpain97/WP_000408.jpg

I finally did it!!! I completed advanced 2-3!!! The thing is when I started doing it, the goal was 25"333, and when I got on Monday night, the new goal was at 24"533. I ended up getting a time of 24"921 that night, so had it stayed how it was, and I would have gotten that time before DNC Madara got his, the goal would have stayed at 24"533. To be honest, I'm not sure how I managed to pull off that much of a time difference ahead, and honestly, it wasn't my intention to either, but it happened. I have some tips that differ from the other videos I've seen for that stage if anyone needs help, just realize it's really hard to beat now. If you message me on live though, I'll be glad to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, i just went to see how every1 in here was going half a year after i got my nom with your help :)

Just updated PS3 times (over 90% got beaten by now) - some have massive changes such as advanced 4-4 which got beaten by over 9 seconds!

so after 4-2 isnt that easy anymore - other level have come up to be "easy" - at least if you know how it works ;P

congratz every1 till here for getting the nom, and gl every1 still trying

I just made it after 3 hours of trying. I never exptected it so be so "easy". I always imagined it will take me weeks of dedication.

Thanks to LoAlexandria for upping these times here. It encouraged me to actually try it.

It is far from impossible for xbox users to get it :)

Btw. I did it on advanced traning 1-1. New time is 45"100

EDIT: @LoAlexandria I used your updated times here:http://www.trueachievements.com/a61732/committed-til-the-end-achievement.htm?showguides=1

I hope that this isn't a problem for you as I only wanted more people to actually try it :)

Edited by Temp33t

• 2 weeks later...

Just got WR on Basic 4-5 with 2'16"450. This one I think is probably a good one to try. Seeing as how the PS3 has XBOX beat by a good 5 second, I believe that this has probably been the most forgiving trial to do at this point since I made tons of mistake during my WR run. What I did was mainly piece a run together by looking at the other trial videos based on this course.

I used the Bleed(First Mech) path from this run:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiqGuRToo8g&feature=related]LOST PLANET 2 BASIC TRAINING 4-3 WORLD RECORD - YouTube[/ame]

What I did to prepare for the mechs was add the abilities Special Recovery I and VS Takedown. Special Recovery will spare you from all the laser stuns that will literally stop you for a few seconds throughout the course and VS takedown is mainly for the first VS who sometimes jumps and lands on top of you if your too fast (which is a good sign your off to a good start). One shotgun blast in the air will take him out.

The Faze(Second Mech) path from this run:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjRuLVzbbpg]Lost Planet 2 Training Level 4-2 #1 World Record! Markyshizzle Gaming! - YouTube[/ame]

Instead of jumping out and grappling up to the last of ledge (which I am horrible at) I just walked up to the mech and simply got out. So you may be able to shave some seconds using the grappling hook.

As for the Osprey(Third Mech), I made my own path and simply went underneath it all. You only need to go low enough to be level with landing platform your flying to avoid any trouble. You can actually shoot the turret trigger from very far away if you fly low enough leaving you enough time to land properly.

And lastly, the Hardballer(Last Mech) path from this run:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnqJLIqdpEA&feature=related]ロストプラãƒãƒƒãƒˆï¼’(Lost Planet 2) / Basic Training / Stage4 Lv.1 - YouTube[/ame]

Try to focus on timing the hover the moment you leave the platform. If you hit it just right, then you can easily pass over platforms without being abruptly stopped by incoming platforms.

Overall if your good you can make it through this trial with only needing to destroy turret trigger. I managed to outrun everything else. Once you get a pattern down, your time will mainly depend on how much resistance you get from mechs. I found myself restarting plenty of times after the first mechs mainly because they would knock me off the ledge with gatling gun fire the moment I land, so its a gamble sometimes just not as bad as the advanced 5-4 trial. I still don't know how he managed to get those spawns.

• 3 months later...

I just got #1 on Advanced Training 2-2. I just shit brickz. Can't provide a snapshot at the moment.

Today at 01:21 Advanced Training 2-2: 00'08'734 4th day (rank 1)

01 September 12 at 18:00 Advanced Training 2-2: 00'09'899 3rd day (rank 4)

31 August 12 at 16:52 Advanced Training 2-2: 00'10'100 2nd day (rank 6)

31 August 12 at 15:03 Advanced Training 2-2: 00'10'201 2nd day (rank 6)

30 August 12 at 23:53 Advanced Training 2-2: 00'11'366 1st day (rank 14)

30 August 12 at 20:55 Advanced Training 2-2: 00'12'065 1st day (rank 23)

• 4 months later...

Just got number 1 on 4-5, Shiro your tips and video sources were a big help, allowed me to create the quickest path, unfortunately I think I may have made the time a bit ridiculous to beat at 2"15"748... I apologize to whoever else was doing this mission /:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got the WR on Advanced 2-1. My time is certainly beatable as I messed up the landing on the jump at the end and probably lost a full second. I would love to know how the hell the guy on PS3 posted such a ridiculous time for this map.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/DeusInterArma/LP2WR_zpse8e0a542.jpg

Just beat Advanced 2-3, WR is now 21.186. The previous record was 22.487, and I really didn't mean to break it by that much...sorry.

I'll upload a video and put it here, you can probably go .5 quicker with the strat I use.

By going 1.3 seconds quicker, I've probably ruined a otherwise good track to go for :/ Sorry again, I feel really bad now.

EDIT: Someone has now gone 20.266! Congrats for getting your number 1, I declare this course almost impossible now :p What was once a great place to get your nom has now become near impossible in the space of a few days... the longer you leave this the harder it gets. If you're reading this and thinking about trying, start practicing now, you never know when someone else will set the bar even higher.

Edited by TheSpe3Der

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Advanced 5-3 should also be still doable, th3 PS3-version has/had a time of 37 Seconds, I managed to set the WR to 00'38'800 instead of 00'39'0xx and both the guy on PS3 and me made mistakes.

Take a look at his video, he does it quite well. Also, the anchor cancel at 0:23 is pretty much crucial, without it you most likely won't be able to pull it off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ_bM2RUtgI]ロストプラãƒãƒƒãƒˆ2 ADVANCED TRAINING 5-3 - YouTube[/ame]