how to use d.horns on survival h/core modes

leeroy1975

Let me help you here the DLC pre-loads itself to any save file you've loaded, but if you have a save file you haven't loaded then your fine. The way to tell this is remove the DLC an go through all save files, but I will tell you rest assured that you do not need to do a second Classic pt or NG+ pt, you just need the one time so it unlocks the Devil Horns.

You can use a Standard offline with the DLC removed, then from there you simply have to NG+ to Pure Survival or Hardcore. so long as you've beaten Classic the Devil Horns will forever be in your profile tell you delete all your saves.

I'm in a similar situation to that described previously:

1] Played through standard

2] Installed DLC and continued on from my standard save to complete it

3] Started and completed Classic to unlock Devil Horns

4] Did cache clear, ng+, survival, bench in Ch. 3, no Devil Horns

If I leave my save games present but not use them, remove the DLC, clear the cache, play offline and whip through on a completely new game in easy mode, will the Devil Horns appear without another Classic play through? Is that essentially what you're driving at?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now have the devil horns equipped and saved in my Hard Core and Pure Survival playthroughs. I haven't finished either one but I'll be hitting chapter 19 in no time at the rate I'm going. Has anyone experimented with the Awakened DLC and an incomplete (main game) Pure Survival playthrough? Just wondering if I downloaded the DLC now, then finished my Pure Survival run with the devil horns, would the weapon then be available to use in the DLC's Pure Survival mode or would everything still be f*cked?

I now have the devil horns equipped and saved in my Hard Core and Pure Survival playthroughs. I haven't finished either one but I'll be hitting chapter 19 in no time at the rate I'm going. Has anyone experimented with the Awakened DLC and an incomplete (main game) Pure Survival playthrough? Just wondering if I downloaded the DLC now, then finished my Pure Survival run with the devil horns, would the weapon then be available to use in the DLC's Pure Survival mode or would everything still be f*cked?

I'd have to say that so long as the game has it in its files that you have the DH in your inventory or bank that it should carry over,but I'm not really sure it's a caveat emptor deal. I for one had removed patch an DLC, got the DH in my HC pt, then installed DLC an patched, and still had the DH in my HC pt.

The thing is though when you start the DLC it has the last two guns you had in your inventory, so for me it was the DH an the Eva. I'd like to say yes that you will be fine to do so, but if your worried over just finish PS an get it.

If I've played through on Standard, then the DLC, then Classic, does anyone know if I remove the DLC, remove the patches, play offline and play through on easy if the DH will be available on a ng+ survival?

Well lets see from what you've posted you'd need to start a whole new pt with patch an DLC removed, if I'm reading what you said right. Anyway if you've beaten Classic mode then it should recognize that you've unlocked the DH, it's bound to your account sorta, and all you'd have to do is find a way to NG+ to Pure Survival with out DLC an patch and it will work.

So, yes, you can make a Easy pt with patch and DLC removed, then NG+ to Pure Survival

If I've played through on Standard, then the DLC, then Classic, does anyone know if I remove the DLC, remove the patches, play offline and play through on easy if the DH will be available on a ng+ survival?

play it legit, it's not that tough

• 2 weeks later...
Is it safe to clear your cache? I've never done it before and I've heard of people losing offline achievements and temporarily losing all their achievements gained temporarily... Also, I haven't yet downloaded the dlc, so do I have to take any extra steps, or just the initial things the op said? Thanks!

It is safe, or I'd think it'd be. I've heard of these issue but the achievements are lost if you play offline an don't connect your profile to live from the xbox you got the achievements from. I've had an issue before where achievements weren't counting properly(it was with ME3), but fixed it by re-downloading my profile.

If you haven't gotten the DLC yet you should be fine to do the what OP said

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Edit I think I'll re-post this here

So the reason for the clear cache method no longer working for DLC owners, is because the DLC itself acts as a patch, so even if the patch is removed the DLC prevents it from working.

Alright as to what the DLC does to your saves. Every time you boot up the game an choose a save, if you have the DLC it loads it without you even playing the DLC itself. Onto why removing patch and DLC becomes annoying. So even after removing DLC an patch some saves require the DLC. So, you either A: have a save that you haven't loaded since purchasing the DLC, or B: start a completely new save with DLC an patch remove, but I'm not entirely sure if you can just start a new save then go NG+ to Pure Survival.

Though that's it in a nutshell, but again I leave it to you the DLC owners to decide what to do.

Edited by JDMBO1

so is it the DLC, or the latest patch that is causing this? I only ask because this thread is hella confusing.

I have not downloaded the DLC, but have downloaded the latest patch. I just completed classic (like 30 seconds ago). should I even attempt to get my DH carried over or is it just a waste of time? or should i attempt it anyways, deleting patch/clearing cache method?

so is it the DLC, or the latest patch that is causing this?

My understanding is both.

And if I understand correctly, you should be good though, to clear the cache and play offline. It's the DLC that contaminates the saves making them unusable if it's removed.

so is it the DLC, or the latest patch that is causing this? I only ask because this thread is hella confusing.

I have not downloaded the DLC, but have downloaded the latest patch. I just completed classic (like 30 seconds ago). should I even attempt to get my DH carried over or is it just a waste of time? or should i attempt it anyways, deleting patch/clearing cache method?

you should be fine so long as you haven't purchased the Awakened DLC to do the clear cache method

My understanding is both.

And if I understand correctly, you should be good though, to clear the cache and play offline. It's the DLC that contaminates the saves making them unusable if it's removed.

Yup

• 1 month later...

I downloaded the dlc in the middle of my normal play through can anybody tell me what I have to do to use the devil horns in a hardcore play through I did the clear system cashe and nothing it said nothing about devil horns.