Dishonored Collectors Edition

gravelandx88

W/ 2 months, 7 days left til its release. Does anyone know anything about it? I would like to see:

1. Statue - of Corvo's mask
  2. Custom design CE box w/ steelbook case inside
  3. Making of the game DVD
  4. Lithographs
  5. Art book
  6. Dunwall/World map

Edited by gravelandx88

An inexpensive price tag. I don't think I'll buy a collector's edition unless It's $79.99 with something cool I can put on my wall or shelf.

Most CE's are $99.99 - $150. If they add a Corvo mask statue, you can put that on your wall or shelf. Besides the reg copy I already pre-ordered at GameStop. I plan on buying a CE (if they make it) just to put it on my shelf. Sitting next to all my other unopened CE games.:)

Most CE's are $99.99 - $150. If they add a Corvo mask statue, you can put that on your wall or shelf. Besides the reg copy I already pre-ordered at GameStop. I plan on buying a CE (if they make it) just to put it on my shelf. Sitting next to all my other unopened CE games.:)

It seems like a bad idea to make an expensive collector's edition for a new IP. It would be pretty hard to sell them. I think Mass Effect 1 made that mistake.

This may seem like a horrible example given the studio's fate, but Kingdoms of Amalur had several different editions and they all sold out except maybe the edition just above a regular purchase.

Still, I don't think there will be a CE. Oddly enough, Australia has a steelcase already for a preorder along with the Gamestop/GAME (I think they share the same) bonuses. I bet we'll get a copy of the Dunwall map anyhow. I know if there were a CE I'd be buying one or two. Really amped for this game.

I'm a sucker for special editions of games I like/am looking forward to. I'd definitely get one if it was offered. I just don't know how I'd pay for it. I have a ton of games reserved through the end of this year. I'd save up some extra money for something cool though. This game looks like it'll be very good. I'm looking forward to it.

Oddly enough, Australia has a steelcase already for a preorder along with the Gamestop/GAME (I think they share the same) bonuses.

Future Shop has steel cases with the preorder of pretty much every game, including Dishonored. They're cheap, crappy, useless things. My Battlefield 3 one came bent and my Skyrim one wasn't well attached to the plastic interior and came apart easily. I'd prefer not having them to having them. :p

It seems like a bad idea to make an expensive collector's edition for a new IP. It would be pretty hard to sell them. I think Mass Effect 1 made that mistake.

Is that why Mass Effects limited collectors edition is worth so much on ebay? Because they didn't produce enough? Last one I saw recently sold was nearly $500s. Or take Bioshock 1's collectors Edition, that is worth a fortune :eek:.

but Kingdoms of Amalur had several different editions and they all sold out except maybe the edition just above a regular purchase.

I remember that, there were three editions: $80, $200 and $275; the most expensive one was signatures. They accidentally sold 312 out of 300 signature editions and sent an email out to the first 12 who responded, were upgraded to an exclusive CE. The only difference is an unnumbered troll statue and a 1/12 McFarlane litho. Suppose to be ultra rare, hence #1-12. Anyways, when the game was released. I remembered checking ebay's recent end auctions & found that exclusive CE sold at $2250. I was like damn! :eek:. Wish I got me 1 of them sig's & upgraded.

Edited by gravelandx88

Future Shop has steel cases with the preorder of pretty much every game, including Dishonored. They're cheap, crappy, useless things:p

Had an upgrade to a "CE" for Dark Souls here in the US Of....that case did suck proper. You have yourself a point.

And yeah the ONE CE that is probably worth something and I only bumped up to the next level. Not trying to be mercenary, but that demise made a few people happy by that unfortunate bit of stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
if you pre-order from Gamestation you get a pack of 72 Dishonored tarot cards.....

but i guess that doesn't help if you're not in the UK?

http://www.gamestation.co.uk/gs/dishonored-gamestation-exclusive-special-edition-181793

Gamestop has the same thing. They're also offering some bonus powers.

• 2 weeks later...