Supposedly the hardest part in the campaign: "the corridor in level 3"

SiLV3R93

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had a friend have the most trouble with that area(about 2 hours), but i did not. i just kept moving and shooting and had little trouble. i think the "hard" parts are luck of the draw.

This.

I had little problem with the corridor but I know I'm not some highly skilled player so its not like I pro'd it up. 3 parts in the game made me want to sacrifice kittens though. Khe Sahn hill and yes I knew what to do. I died 13 times while I was kicking the GD barrel not to mention a few random opps attempts. Kowloon where your jumping down on the rooftop where there is an assload of enemies in windows etc. Though I did'nt do myself any favors here by doing the dual wield achievement on Vet. Third part was the 2nd half of Rebirth. I got caught in a death loop where it gave me the checkpoint. I would literally spawn, turn 45 degree's at best and promptly die to a hail of bulletts. I did this 20+ times before I just did the level over again. The 2nd time through I got the exact same checkpoint but no death loop, thankfully. /sigh

The corridor was mad easy if you through smokes guys, the hill was very clear as he says to kick the barrels >_< The only part i was truly stuck on for a bit was when you killed Krevchenko or w/e his name is that room made me rage lol

That bit was only second to the corridor in level 3. I only had 1 smoke grenade for level 3, so after working from cover to cover halfway up the hall, I threw the smoke to the end, waited a sec for the shooting to stop, then sprinted and dove into the room on the right, praying there was only the one guy in there. Then getting around the lefthand corner was a bitch because there was no checkpoint until I got THROUGH that locker-room.

But yeah the Shevchenko bit took about 45 minutes and left me screaming at my useless effing teammates. Good god. There is no way to get the flamethrower achievement on veteran for that level. None.

Well if you haven't learned it from World at War you need to keep pushing forward if you stay back you can sit for endless hours shooting enemies took level 3 was a pain at the end but not that bad at least you are not getting fraged from every side like in World at War.

Is this the mission in the lab near the end, that has infinitely spawning enemies in the corridors? My brother has been stuck on that part for veteran for 3 hours. He still hasn't passed it yet.

He is miles better than me in skill, and even he has trouble. It must be hard. I might try it soon anyway once I pass the normal campaign. (Carried away with MP. I haven't even gotten past mission 4 since I keep wanting to play multiplayer or screw around in combat training.)

Sorry but really dont want to put your brother down, but this game was easy, the corridor was simple, use smoke grenades, simple, how many cod games has he completed on veteran?

Also the tank bit in mission 13 is also easy, its just trial and error, nothing much

Hey guys, I've been stuck on this corridor all weekend (and I"m decent at shooters, I finished CoD2 and CoD4 on Veteran (including Mile High Club)). I throw the smoke to the end and then die the second I reach or enter the room on the right. What am I doing wrong? I am using MP5K and AK47 Dual Mags. Should I go back for the shotgun? Should I use Extended Mags on the AK instead?

Is it easier to simply BYPASS the room on the right and enter the locker room to try and force some sort of checkpoint?

Can someone explain the ideal smoke spots?

I assume that I should run and gun since everytime I stop for too long, an insane amount of enemies shows up.

Anyway, any tips would really be recommended. The youtube guy run and guns the entire last part. It's almost hard to believe he's playing on veteran.

Thanks in advance for your help guys. I find this part really frustrating. The only Call of Duty game I ever gave up playing on Veteran was the first one (on the Dam level)

Hey guys, I've been stuck on this corridor all weekend (and I"m decent at shooters, I finished CoD2 and CoD4 on Veteran (including Mile High Club)). I throw the smoke to the end and then die the second I reach or enter the room on the right. What am I doing wrong? I am using MP5K and AK47 Dual Mags. Should I go back for the shotgun? Should I use Extended Mags on the AK instead?

Is it easier to simply BYPASS the room on the right and enter the locker room to try and force some sort of checkpoint?

Can someone explain the ideal smoke spots?

I assume that I should run and gun since everytime I stop for too long, an insane amount of enemies shows up.

Anyway, any tips would really be recommended. The youtube guy run and guns the entire last part. It's almost hard to believe he's playing on veteran.

Thanks in advance for your help guys. I find this part really frustrating. The only Call of Duty game I ever gave up playing on Veteran was the first one (on the Dam level)

If you mean the corridor with the red locker room on the left, and the 2nd control room on the right, then what you do is kill the guys in the 1st control room (this should be your normal checkpoint) and run up, before you enter the corridor throw a nade and a smoke, shoot several guys then go on up.

When you can see the control room on your right throw a smoke infront of it and dive into the barriers on the left side of the hall way, itll help if you throw like 3 nades up the hall also, if you get into this position (you should know it when your there as there are like 3 boxes of cover right outside the room) look into the room and spray everyone in the room.

If you get into the room and proceed on it will lead to the red locker room and a mini flank spot, camp here till the enemies die and throw a smoke and get into the red locker room, PoP checkpoint

BTW I had a gun with a grenade launcher attachment

My successful try:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUFWWW8xNUg]YouTube - First Playthrough! Call of Duty: Black Ops on Veteran. 04 Executive Order - Part 3 of 3.[/ame]

Veteran difficulty. 26 deaths prior to this try. Hadn't read any strategies. As can be seen I'm lucky as fuck as I get hit without dying many times. I'd say luck and patience will get you through eventually.

Finished the game today and I definitly agree that this is one of the hardest parts as it is one of very few parts (actually the only part of the game I can remember that you have to actively progress) with infinitately spawning enemies. The hill part in S.O.G. is only hard untill you realize you have to kick the barrels. I heard the part about napalm the very first try, but when playing on veteran actually getting to the barrels is quite hard, so I tried several times to shoot or blow up the barrels from distance with nothing happening, assuming I was wrong about having to interact with the barrels at all. And having my head up from cover long enough to see the barrels get kicked down didn't happen untill I'd been trying to advance manually for two whole hours.

The most annoying part I had difficulty with was going down the hill in Vietnam. There was no in game indication that you needed to kick over the napalm barrels to get passed all the VC's pouring up the hill, so I was trying to fight the endless spawning badguys and dieing a lot. On Hardened, it sucked a lot.

Man, both these 2 levels pissed me off something fierce, and I've done "Mile High Club" on Veteran.

The lack of indicators, objective or directions from the AI on the Vietnam Hill section is inexcusable! Just completely sloppy on Treyarch's part and just one of many reasons I dislike the BO campaign the most out of ALL the CoD's.

i also have beaten mw1-2 on vet + i got mile high club also. but this corridor is just unbelievable! i hate when a.i. cheats. they kill me from strange angles, with blindfire, they make the grenade land at my feets, not to mention my two useless buddies who are not only not helping at all but sometimes run in front of me. once i died from my own grenade which was bouncing back from my partners head after running in front of me.

i cannot understand the veteran walkthrough videos either, people get so many hits and not die? i just peak out from behind a barrel and hit the floor dead the next blink.

lucky for me, finally i beat that level. the magic worlds are smoke grenade. after the last checkpoint kill the 3 guys at the corridor, than clear the next room, and go to the doorway on the left at the next corridor. from here, throw your smoke grenades: one in front of the next door on the right, one to the end of the corridor and one between them. wait a bit, then rush through and hide behind that yellow cart and wait a bit... checkpoint! from here it will be very easy. as you see, you can skip that control room on the right, but it is a good idea to go through the locker room at the corner after you got the checkpoint.

hope it helped.

edit: use ak. if you can get with noob toob, even better. you might shoot a few down at the corridor to clean a bit before starting the smoke fun

Edited by psybOltOn

For me, the campaign was fairly easy on Hardened, with only a few points forcing me to retry a number of times, 1 of them was the Napalm Hill is Vietnam, the other was the SR-71 mission where you have to guide the squad. They did a really bad job explaining what you were to be doing, and I found it really annoying that you had to tell them to fire at enemies. Other than that, I found the rest of the game to be difficult but still very enjoyable.

FWIW ive never played a COD game before, and I went to a friends house and played this on Veteran for the first time and beat 1 - 3 up until this point. It was hard and I didnt get past it but if thats the hardest part of the game im pretty amazed I got pretty close to the end. I think i only spent a half hr on it or so.

no indication? your kidding right, how many times did u spawn and die only to hear the line "whats in those barrels? napalm. good we can use that!"

and then when u get close to one hear "go mason do it now!" and if u ignored that "go mason kick the barrell!"

Not really, even with my tv blaring I couldn't hear them say that over all the gunfire and explosions. It wasn't until I went to cover behind one and noticed it said "Hit X to Kick" on it before I knew I could use it. Only thing I could make out in that dialogue was that they'd been cut off from the right bunker which had an ammo stash and the marines were low. Which in reality, doesn't mean squat.

On the first play on Normal I must have tried that hill 50 times, because the location target icon is at the bottom of the hill in that little bunker, I'd get down there and nothing would change, just stranded in a worse un-defendable spot in all that infinitely spawning madness. Get mauled, repeat. Sigh.

Back OT, that corridor on Hardened was a nightmare, only spot in the game I had to repeat 20+ times having already beat the game on Normal. I had to pause and have a bloody drink after I finally hit a damn checkpoint. The rest of the game on Hardened wasn't much more difficult than Normal.

Dunno why so many had problems with this section. Was kinda easy for me. Did it on my 3rd attempt. Just threw some smoke grenades and rushed through.

Also going down the hill was a piece of cake.

Guess there is only one more HARD "MENTIONED" PART to pass by.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe