The Skyrim Glitch Thread (Discuss All Glitches Here!)

Method

First of all make sure you only use the basic "flames" and "frostbite" spells or it won't move 1 position at a time. All you need to do is keep changing it till the beams of light are hitting the centre of the rings instead of in-between, not the exact targets. Then you can spin the rings individually to match the beams. Pretty simple really.

And don't be like me. I was pulsing the commands instead of holding them on so they would only move a fraction of the distance that was needed. I think I spent like 30 minutes trying different things until it came to me. The old gray matter ain't what it used to be...

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help guys. Apparently the third time visiting it was the charm. The first time the beams wouldn't move up no matter how long I held frostbite down. The 2nd time the buttons were stuck and wouldn't acctivate at all. The final time I used frostbite the beams moved and the buttons worked. Weird huh?

Ok, tried everything now on this, about to give up on it. :mad: Finished The Silver Hand and did the two radiant quests for Aela. But Blood's Honor will not start, she will not offer it nor will Kodlak say anything about it either.

I realized that I did have a misc quest involving Glenmoril active, to get a weapon there, so wrapped that up and waited well over 32 days, the respawn time I read on one of the wikis. But nothing. Is this just broken for my current character, since that fix didn't work, or are there any other workarounds that you can suggest?

What does your current quest log say? Have you tried talking to either Vilkas or Farkas? If you already went in and killed the witches that would certainly be the cause of your problems. If nothing else works then reload a save and do your "fetch weapon" quest but without killing anything. Just sprint through on novice difficulty or use invisibility to sneak through and quickly sprint out. Also, where were you standing while waiting the 32 days? I would suggest waiting at some place other than whiterun or the witch cave.

Thanks! Talked to both of them, and everybody else in there. Quest log has nothing active for them-- finished The Silver Hand and the two radiant quests for Aela so nothing showing, but nothing will start. :(

I played a little more last night and after two in-game months, Glenmoril still hasn't respawned. Saved then went in to check, then reloaded; cave and containers empty. I did a month of the waiting at my Markarth house. The rest in random other spots, did a little more questing too for the Thieves Guild. It gives me a little hope in that Glenmoril is *supposed* to respawn, so maybe I just need to do other stuff for awhile?

Good idea on the quick runthrough without killing, I do have a save from a bit back I can use, will just have to repeat The Silver Hand, which is easy. What I killed in the cave were hags and not witches though?

I seem to be having trouble getting the Shout in Shroud Hearth Barrow

I am at the part where you do the pillars but I cant seem to move them. I know what the combination is; I just cant seem to edit the pillars.

Is there a reason behind this?

Isn't that the place where there is a room to the left with the pillar pictures on them then you go back to the room on the right and with the movable pillars to match them to the ones in the other room? Or am I in the right dungeon? It took me a while to figure THAT one out, couldn't understand why the pillars weren't moving.

I've seen that this is/was a major bug, and it seems the official bug list only has a few of the glitches for the Liberation of Skyrim quest listed...

I'm currently stuck at the Liberation of Reach. Galmor won't give the Reporting In option. I've tried some of the options from the Skyrim Wiki page, but those haven't helped, and I can't seem to find any options that consistently work for anyone else.

Can somebody direct me to/inform me of a method to fix this that I might be able to try?

I've tried searching this thread and the forum, and I keep getting an error code, so I'll post my issue here.

Obvious ***SPOILER WARNING***. Not sure if needed... *shrugs*

I'm currently on the mission in the Thieve's Guild where I'm to kill Mercer. I know that when you do kill him, you get the Left Eye of the Falmer, and as it's a larcency item, you can turn it into Delvin. Thing is, everytime I pick it up, I can't turn it in.

I've gone through the dungeon three times, I've tried every dialogue option, I've tried dropping and picking it back up. I've tried everything I can think of, and still no luck.

I haven't touched this game since bumping into this issue, which was a day or two after the release of patch 1.4 (it was doing it before said patch also), but I would like to continue with the game now, or at least finish the TG's questline before ME3 comes out.

Anyone know of any work around?

I've tried searching this thread and the forum, and I keep getting an error code, so I'll post my issue here.

Obvious ***SPOILER WARNING***. Not sure if needed... *shrugs*

I'm currently on the mission in the Thieve's Guild where I'm to kill Mercer. I know that when you do kill him, you get the Left Eye of the Falmer, and as it's a larcency item, you can turn it into Delvin. Thing is, everytime I pick it up, I can't turn it in.

I've gone through the dungeon three times, I've tried every dialogue option, I've tried dropping and picking it back up. I've tried everything I can think of, and still no luck.

I haven't touched this game since bumping into this issue, which was a day or two after the release of patch 1.4 (it was doing it before said patch also), but I would like to continue with the game now, or at least finish the TG's questline before ME3 comes out.

Anyone know of any work around?

I haven´t been able to sell those to Delvin either, but not a big problem, you get some money for it, that´s all.

Isn't that the place where there is a room to the left with the pillar pictures on them then you go back to the room on the right and with the movable pillars to match them to the ones in the other room? Or am I in the right dungeon? It took me a while to figure THAT one out, couldn't understand why the pillars weren't moving.

Its the one where the pillars are needed to activate a drawbridge.

there are the 4 pillars and a pressure plate. In between the pillars is a door with another pressure plate to reveal the combination. there is a draguar in that room to kill.

Edit: I tried reloading and resetting the console, Did not change a thing

Edited by ubertrance

Really? I thought it had an impact on the 'becoming leader of the Thieve's Guild' thing.

Nope.avi

I get the cheevo and couldn´t sell the eye. All of the trinkets are show in display in the GUild Master´s trophy shelves. Other then that, they don´t affect the world in no way, it´s just pure completist reward and some fast money if you´re in the need.

Goats Are Cool:As far as I know, an already bugged quest may not be that much easy fixable as that. Of course, if you could tell us the specific problem you have run into, someone may be able to help.

Nope.avi

I get the cheevo and couldn´t sell the eye. All of the trinkets are show in display in the GUild Master´s trophy shelves. Other then that, they don´t affect the world in no way, it´s just pure completist reward and some fast money if you´re in the need.

<3

Cheers for the information guys. True diamonds. :)

A little follow-up on my glitch. Went back to check again in there, and seemed I hadn't killed all the hags in Glenmoril, made sure to get them all (some hard-to-see passages in there). I thought doing that might cause it to finally respawn, but after waiting a few more in-game months it still will not. Also tells me that having the hags spawn in there at all with that sidequest might be the big thing to avoid. So now I've gone to a different save I was using to do the DB questline, and on that one I hadn't taken the weapon quest for that cavern.

I guess if anyone here updates the Wikis at all, the weapon sidequest for Glenmoril might be one to add onto the avoid/put off quest section if I'm right about this. At least on mine, seems like once it spawns the hags, it will not respawn with the needed witches and you will be stuck on the Companions questline.

I've seen that this is/was a major bug, and it seems the official bug list only has a few of the glitches for the Liberation of Skyrim quest listed...

I'm currently stuck at the Liberation of Reach. Galmor won't give the Reporting In option. I've tried some of the options from the Skyrim Wiki page, but those haven't helped, and I can't seem to find any options that consistently work for anyone else.

Can somebody direct me to/inform me of a method to fix this that I might be able to try?

At Level 68 and 300+ hours in, i've come across the same bug!

I've tried waiting (no luck), beating Galmor down, returning To Windhelm to pay the fine and then returning to the Stormcloak camp (still no luck).

In the end i reverted to an earlier save, lost 30hrs or so of gaming and sided with the Imperials. I don't know if this has worked yet as i've been doing some more of the main quest storyline.

• 3 weeks later...
During the Stormcloak rebellion storyline, After finishing the quest before invading solitude my quest log would not update and my marker stayed at the Fort. Luckily I made my way to solitude anyways and was able to do the next quest involving capturing Solitude and still got the achievement for it.

Who did you talk to or what did you do to get the next quest? im having the same problem, but i cant figure out what to do..