NYM Hardcore Completed!!!!!

JxOxHxNxSxOxN

I've been lurking this thread for tips, and finally got this achievement late last night! My experience was nearly identical to HabsCen10ial. I tried once nearly everyday for a couple of weeks and got better and better at it, and by the end, I knew the first disk by heart, and it became very rare to fail before switching disks. I made it past chapter 10 twice: failed at chapter 14 once before successfully completing it.

Wow that's funny. Congrats on getting it. It's nice to know somebody had the exact same experience getting through this. It felt good didn't it. :woop:

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that's funny. Congrats on getting it. It's nice to know somebody had the exact same experience getting through this. It felt good didn't it. :woop:

I had alot of the same frustrations, and they just seemed to keep drifting further and further into the game that it eventually started to feel inevitable that I would get it.

It feel really good when I actually did it though. I was so pumped up about it that it kept me awake for a couple hours afterwards...

Just got it!!

Was my second try today, yesterday I tried it for the first time and died in chap7 due to the molotov's. Just been running past this area today just like suggested from you guys.

All in all it wasn't hard at all! :-)

I AM SO HAPPY! :woop::woop::woop::woop:

Edited by AC Cloud Strife

I had alot of the same frustrations, and they just seemed to keep drifting further and further into the game that it eventually started to feel inevitable that I would get it.

It feel really good when I actually did it though. I was so pumped up about it that it kept me awake for a couple hours afterwards...

lol same here. I think I finished my run around 12am. It was very hard to calm down and sleep after.

Ok i will try regular NYM first since it is not hard haha, a headshot worth 6 sec. and a regular kill worth 5sec. in regular NYM??

Yep you got it. Also melee kills are worth 10 seconds and trust me you need to melee lots of enemies in the earlier levels to build up your time.

I watched some Youtube videos that really helped.

Just got it!!

Was my second try today, yesterday I tried it for the first time and died in chap7 due to the molotov's. Just been running past this area today just like suggested from you guys.

All in all it wasn't hard at all! :-)

I AM SO HAPPY! :woop::woop::woop::woop:

Congrats on beating it but if you say it wasn't hard then you must of had some luck working for you. This x360a games difficulty rating is a 10/10 and it's because of this achievement.

I'm sure you're great at this game but this is a very hard achievement.

Good job though :woop:

Congrats on beating it but if you say it wasn't hard then you must of had some luck working for you. This x360a games difficulty rating is a 10/10 and it's because of this achievement.

I'm sure you're great at this game but this is a very hard achievement.

Good job though :woop:

It is, yes. But not because it is "hard" itself (its only medium difficulty after all), there are just too many factors which make it seem to be hard. Example: All the instant kill places.

Anyways, after all my playthroughs I also knew every enemy spawn, every painkiller etc.. the guide here really helps. I didn't expect to finish this achievement on my second run through NYMH, ... it surprised me that I was able to finish it.

I swear to god that I was feeling my heart beating in the last 2-3 chapters due to the fact that I was about to loose my nerves :D.

Well, I am good at shooters, but in my opinion that has no effect on this achievement.. it's all about knowing where everything is and how to deal with the situation + getting lucky to get no glitches / bugs.

Thanks anyways!

It is, yes. But not because it is "hard" itself (its only medium difficulty after all), there are just too many factors which make it seem to be hard. Example: All the instant kill places.

Anyways, after all my playthroughs I also knew every enemy spawn, every painkiller etc.. the guide here really helps. I didn't expect to finish this achievement on my second run through NYMH, ... it surprised me that I was able to finish it.

I swear to god that I was feeling my heart beating in the last 2-3 chapters due to the fact that I was about to loose my nerves :D.

Well, I am good at shooters, but in my opinion that has no effect on this achievement.. it's all about knowing where everything is and how to deal with the situation + getting lucky to get no glitches / bugs.

Thanks anyways!

Congrats! Yeah i agree with everything you said, it wasn't hard for since i beat this game tons of times before i attempted NYMH i beat it 5 times on ps3 (including NYMH) and and 4 times on xbox

Wow, I got this achievement on my third attempt. I first died on ch. 8 when the sniper in the bell tower is aiming at you and I also died at the end of chapter 6 in the burning building. The other part where I almost failed is while you fight the "boss" at the end of chapter 13.

If you know the location of all the enemies, you should be fine. I personnally think that NYM is harder than NYMH. Rushing through the last three levels was a pain-in-the-ass for me.

Good luck for those who will be trying it!

Arg!

I have tried 5 times now, and each time I've died in places I have never died before!

I got crushed by the jeep in the office level, I got shotgun to the face in the NY Bar with no ammo, Passos got killed in the NY bar, I got taken out by a grenade on the stadium and also a grenade in the docks!

I know I'll get it, but it's just a pain. I'm just going through on Hardcore and it's not too bad now I know the levels well.

Looking forward to a nice change on Old School

i just did it on my 5th attempt - i cant believe its finally over - final time was 272:30.93.

My heart is still beating like crazy, i think that one cost me a few years of my life lol.

On my last attempt i died by a friggin random soldier grenade at the becker stage and i almost smashed my tv ^^.

Congrats to everyone successfully gone through this.

Big thanks to Infernal and his painkiller location guide which helped me a lot.

Edited by afr0milbe

GAHHH Just got this tonight! The game glitched/froze on me twice. Took me about 5 attempts. Twice over BS, the other three times were because of ridiculous mistakes (Failed Last Stand, grenades). Luckily, I never failed after disc 1.

I was SOO close to failing in the Airport baggage room on the final mission. I was thrown into a last stand behind cover which are usually bad ones since you need to rotate 160 degrees just to shoot. Not only that, but I had TWO bullets lefts in the clip. I used one and heard the click, then waited for the reticle to turn red and killed the guy. CLOSE CALL! :eek:

That is why I am not attempting this. Chapter 14. I remember playing this on medium difficulty and I got killed at least 6 times in a row. Also Chapter 6. There is this one shootout and you have to protect that guy with curly hair. It is wear the guys fly in through the ceiling or the window? I always die there. I just don't think I could ever attempt this. Kudos to anyone who gets it, I really admire you.

I am doing my regular NYM now my question is do i need to finishing it in one session, which means can i finish chapter1-8 today and do the rest tomorrow?? I know for NYMHC is one session only

Make as long as you like! You have to finish each chapter segment in one go, whereas you need to finish all chapters in one go in NYMHC

I am on my regular NYM and now i come chapter 14, it is not hard but time is pretty pressing........ only got 30 secs on train area any tips guys? lol

30 SEC, for real!? :eek: Well either rush n kill like a mofo and go for headshots or you might as well quit right there and start all over again. That's a freaking tight timer.

I finally made it !!! From time to time I was about to throw everything out of the window but in my 28th try I finally did it.

I managed to reach the last chapter 3 times but always failed because of the grenades of the last boss, but then I used the method one fella posted in this forum and jumped over the covers and let myself shot down by the enemies and simply remained on the floor. The boss stoped shooting his grenades and the way to the finale was free :-)

After 6 days of frustration and dull repetition I am finally done and I am just very happy about it.

But at last I have to say even after all these tries I am still not sick of this game for me the game of the year so far.

I wish everyone who is still trying the best of luck if you need any tipps just write me via 360.

All of you who have done it as well my congratulations !

:drunk

• 2 weeks later...

That is the most time and most nerves I've ever spent for an achievement. Took me about 7 tries I think, 28 must have sucked! It truly is more perseverance and patience than difficulty. The timer isn't really an issue, just one shot deaths, glitches, and last stands where you can't see your target. Glad to have that done with.

Congrats to all who have managed to get this achievement. I began my attempt to beat NYM HC yesterday, I made six attempts and fell just short on my last. I went into last stand during the terminal shootout at the airport but couldn't shoot the guy as he was behind a pillar. Talk about agonising. :(

Given that I got that far I feel comfortable that I can finish it one day.

Edit: Got it on my ninth attempt. Such an awesome feeling to have done this, a real achievement I can be proud of.

Edited by Soap of Death