"Failed to download tune"

3sixty

People have to save the tuning before it can be shared. When you get this message it is because they have just applied it directly to the car and not saved and shared the blueprint. Keep trying, eventually you will find somebody who has a file you can download.

People have to save the tuning before it can be shared. When you get this message it is because they have just applied it directly to the car and not saved and shared the blueprint.

I kinda thought this was common sense? Never in Forza (Motorsport or Horizon) you were able to "share a tune" that wasn't actively uploaded by the creator to the T10-servers.

I kinda thought this was common sense? Never in Forza (Motorsport or Horizon) you were able to "share a tune" that wasn't actively uploaded by the creator to the T10-servers.

I've only previously played 5, and didn't dabble with the tuning stuff much.

So, when I choose "Get Upgrades", do they need to be for a car I already own?

How do you even do the car meets? I've found a location for it in the world, but when I drive up the road to it, the game just spawns me back on the main road. Do you have to do something specific to unlock them?

A car meet should work always; have you tried creating a Private Party (within the Horizon menus) and then go to a car meet?

Else I would certainly post this issue on the FM-forums.

A car meet should work always; have you tried creating a Private Party (within the Horizon menus) and then go to a car meet?

Else I would certainly post this issue on the FM-forums.

A private party? Is a car meet something that requires friends? I've only been playing solo, barely touched any of the online stuff.

A private party? Is a car meet something that requires friends? I've only been playing solo, barely touched any of the online stuff.

No, you don't require friends but a car meet is basically a hub where you transfer automatically from "offline" to "online" and other actual online players appear. There you can view eachothers cars/designs/tunes and start either a showdown or an online roadtrip.

In essence, you do need to be/go online for a car meet and have the appropriate ports opened for playing online. Please keep in mind that since the launch of the One, several games/protocols need newer ports forwarded than the 360 did.

A friend is useful though for a car meet; it's easier to agree with a friend to set up a tune for you to download than randomly wait for a stranger with an actual tune on his car.

No, you don't require friends but a car meet is basically a hub where you transfer automatically from "offline" to "online" and other actual online players appear. There you can view eachothers cars/designs/tunes and start either a showdown or an online roadtrip.

In essence, you do need to be/go online for a car meet and have the appropriate ports opened for playing online. Please keep in mind that since the launch of the One, several games/protocols need newer ports forwarded than the 360 did.

A friend is useful though for a car meet; it's easier to agree with a friend to set up a tune for you to download than randomly wait for a stranger with an actual tune on his car.

I can play online fine, I just don't know what/where the car meets are. Should they appear in free roam? I don't see a specific thing on the map for them.

I can play online fine, I just don't know what/where the car meets are. Should they appear in free roam? I don't see a specific thing on the map for them.

Filter your Map for Car Meets; they should appear as a blue icon with a large P in it. Six of them are scattered around the map and eventually count towards at least 2 achievements.

Filter your Map for Car Meets; they should appear as a blue icon with a large P in it. Six of them are scattered around the map and eventually count towards at least 2 achievements.

Cheers! I'll have a looksee when I get on later.

EDIT - Nope, I'm not seeing them, filter the map to only show car meets only shows the main Horizon hub in the centre of the map and nothing else. I've tried doing it in solo and both road trip & free roam (both in private & open sessions) and not once have I seen the car meet sign anywhere on my map :/

What's up with that? Is there something I've got to do before they become available to me? I can play online fine otherwise, I just unlocked the 'One the Road Again' achievement without any issues.

Edited by UberPirateNinja

I think, but not sure, after you leave Nice, your lady mechanic asks you to meet her at the nearest meeting. The should be in Nice probably, somewhere in the center of the city leading up to an appartment building.

Do you see that meet? Have you tried entering that specific one first?

Must've missed that, I only have the one championship left to complete before the Horizon finale opens up, so I'm a fair way in progress-wise. Is it something that you enter at one of the Horizon locations?

Must've missed that, I only have the one championship left to complete before the Horizon finale opens up, so I'm a fair way in progress-wise. Is it something that you enter at one of the Horizon locations?

No, as far as I remember at some point you complete a Championship in Nice and a "spoken cutscene" runs for like 15 seconds showing you the Car Meet in Nice.

Unsure when it happens because I am level 240+ with 70 Championships completed already so can't really remember what happened when.

No, as far as I remember at some point you complete a Championship in Nice and a "spoken cutscene" runs for like 15 seconds showing you the Car Meet in Nice.

Unsure when it happens because I am level 240+ with 70 Championships completed already so can't really remember what happened when.

Balls, I don't recall that at all. Ah well, cheers for the assist, guess I won't be doing any Car Meets then :/