New DLC coming in later this year!!! no joke!!!

Big Ralph58

Well I have a really good friend who is the manager of a Gamestop in my town of G'ville, GA and i went by to see him today and found out that later this year that there is gonna be add on DLC for street fighter 4. He told that they're gonna make a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 add on for the game i believe on both consoles and it will be playable online and in arcade mode..... when i get further details i will post them.

Edited by Big Ralph58

Well I have a really good friend who is the manager of a Gamestop in my town of G'ville, GA and i went by to see him today and found out that later this year that there is gonna be add on DLC for street fighter 4. He told that they're gonna make a Marvel vs. Capcom 2 add on for the game i believe on both consoles and it will be playable online and in arcade mode..... when i get further details i will post them.

Did he also tell you that his milk shakes brings all the boys to the yard?

yes he sure did now he told me word for word that it was gonna be playable thru sf4 but now im seeing on the ign website that there just bringing the game out by itself and maybe what he told me was wrong so if so dont hate me for it thought i was spreading news thats was never been heard before.

Why are you all so cynical, would it do any harm to just give this guy the benefit of the doubt and entertain the fact that a MvC2 DLC could be on the way, lets open our hearts to our fellow gamer . . .

. . . incidentally I have some magic beans for sale: only 900 MS points.

You know, it would be awesome if his far-fetched thread where true. But a manager at game stop is not a credible source for something that big. But since you believed it maybe it's true. I asked my dog and he barked twice... twice means yes.

So tell me girl, do you think there's going to be new SFIV DLC later this year?

-whoof whoof-

What's that girl? No, no?

As an employee at a GameStop, we don't receive any of this kind of information. If anything, he might have talked to an Xbox/Sony rep. When they come in to update their respective systems, sometimes if the manager and the rep have a friendship the rep will reveal some stuff.

Honestly though, I would say this thread doesn't hold any water. Other than the obvious fact that yes, there will in-fact be DLC later in the year. Just as every other games these days have.

As an employee at a GameStop, we don't receive any of this kind of information. If anything, he might have talked to an Xbox/Sony rep. When they come in to update their respective systems, sometimes if the manager and the rep have a friendship the rep will reveal some stuff.

Honestly though, I would say this thread doesn't hold any water. Other than the obvious fact that yes, there will in-fact be DLC later in the year. Just as every other games these days have.

But you see even tho he made of worded it wrong i didnt talk to just an regular employee there i talked to a friend of mine who ive been friends with for years who is a manager ok so dont say i talked to an xbox or sony rep!

Even if he was trying to be helpful to the community by posting information he heard from a credible source inside the industry wouldn't it be more responsible to verify that information by doing a simple search online to confirm it instead of immediately populating a crowded board with rumors? I'm all for community spirit and politeness but something this ridiculously wrong deserves some lighthearted cynicism. Even if I didn't read the CORRECT info (about the port of the original arcade to xbla) I would've doubted the release of such DLC so soon after Championship Mode. Seriously, guy. Try doing a cursory search next time so you can avoid the ridicule in the quest to be first.

But you see even tho he made of worded it wrong i didnt talk to just an regular employee there i talked to a friend of mine who ive been friends with for years who is a manager ok so dont say i talked to an xbox or sony rep!

I didn't say you talked to a Xbox or Sony rep. I said the manager might have talked to a rep then passed the information on to you. So things to remember.

• Read correctly.
  • Write correctly. Because your paragraph was atrocious.

It's quite obvious that it was just a kid that misunderstood something, it's not like it's the end of the world. Sure, when you think about it rationally it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, but to be fair, if you were a kid and heard a Gamestop manager say there was going to be new DLC for your favorite game, you'd probably be psyched too.

Not everybody is into the whole PR and press thing and not everybody can filter out the crap from the facts and the legit sources from the inlegit ones. I can pretty much guarantee that a huge announcement like new SFIV DLC isn't just going to be spilled out against some GameStop manager, no matter how close of friends the Sony/MS rep and the guy in question may be.

Anyway, having said this, just let this thread die peacefully and move on. Show's over folks, nothin' to see here.

Ok I will let this die but I didn't create this thread to get everyone pysched or whatever. I just misunderstood what my friend was telling me which is about the MVL vs. CAP 2 thats coming out. One more thing I'm not a kid just for the record.