Game of the Week: June 16-22 (Halo 3: ODST & Halo 2 GFWL)

kaleido42

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/screenshots/849/med_H3ODST_Campaign_Dutch01_tif_jpgcopy.jpg

Prepare to drop ODST into your disc tray! From June 16th through to June 22nd we'll be roaming the streets of New Mombasa as we play through Halo 3: ODST's campaign, and taking on wave after wave of Covenant threat in the series' first firefight mode. This is a good chance to revisit one of Halo's more relaxing games with the community, or if you're feeling brave, get a group together and take on one of the vidmaster challenges.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/images/screenshots/198/med_16.jpg

Alternatively, if you'd like to play a Halo that's a little more competitive, then how about a few last games on GFWL with your fellow community members in Halo 2 before the anticipated shutdown? Whether you'd like to finish off your last few achievements, or play for bragging rights, this is an awesome opportunity to bid farewell to a great multiplayer game.

Just the same as last week, if you participate in both of this week's Community Games, you'll be able to earn credit for both towards your Community Gaming awards!

If you are interested in playing with XBA members, please post in this thread and check back often for members wanting to play throughout the week. Also be sure to occasionally check XBL status of members that have posted so that you can send them messages over Live to see if they're available to play. Replying in this thread or sending them a PM are also great ways to arrange a session. Staff members, Subscribers and Ambassadors will be hosting games during the week, posting when they're available and may even create sessions using XBA's MySessions to increase participation. If you'd like to host games yourself, by all means please do so.

If you plan on hosting a game, please post in this thread so that people can join you! If you are joining a session, make sure you tell everyone you are from XBA!

Edited by kaleido42

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate all the help! :)

And yes, as I linked in my post, it's good ol' "Endure"... People I originally tried with failed with two enemies remaining. Just never had an opportunity to try again ever since. :(

I feel your pain. The first time I unlocked it, it was brutal. Then I tried helping a second group last year, but we failed on the second to last wave. So many tears that day!

I missed the link lol.

I just read the description using warthogs and stuff...we didn't do that. I can't remember the map name, but it was funny indoors inside some building, it had rafters that you could walk on in the roof and vents.

We got it first time, but I remember it being hairy at times. Mainly due to the lag.....

I missed the link lol.

I just read the description using warthogs and stuff...we didn't do that. I can't remember the map name, but it was funny indoors inside some building, it had rafters that you could walk on in the roof and vents.

We got it first time, but I remember it being hairy at times. Mainly due to the lag.....

Pretty sure that was Chasm.

The best map to get it done is ONI Building (Inside). I have the perfect strategy for it :)

I appreciate all the help! :)

And yes, as I linked in my post, it's good ol' "Endure"... People I originally tried with failed with two enemies remaining. Just never had an opportunity to try again ever since. :(

Don't worry, I saw the link and knew exactly what I was agreeing to.

• 2 weeks later...

All right gents, I'm up for Endure in ODST. I've gotten it before and I'll get it again, but so far--0 achievements in the game, so anyone who wants to also team up for the 200,000 pointers is also welcome. Throw in some vidmasters and a quick and painless Legendary run (super easy with 4 players) and I hope to have the game perfected in 3 or 4 days tops.

All right gents, I'm up for Endure in ODST. I've gotten it before and I'll get it again, but so far--0 achievements in the game, so anyone who wants to also team up for the 200,000 pointers is also welcome. Throw in some vidmasters and a quick and painless Legendary run (super easy with 4 players) and I hope to have the game perfected in 3 or 4 days tops.

I'd be up for some of the 200000 point runs as well.