Road Map + Achievement Guide (US)

Urge2shoot

@deexor

thanks a million for these videos. i just got the virtuoso achievement which i never thought i'd get! i only have the 200mil and 300 mil and bloody jitter bug achievements to get. (im not even gonna bother with the bloody bug)

• 3 weeks later...

I had this game for a long time and im finally going about to playing it and getting some of the achviements here but i ran to a bit of trouble, so before i go any further i hope someone can clarefy this for me.

The MLB achivements have to be done in the arcade or xbox 360 ver. ? I was trying to get the 500 power achivement for a long time and the only place it unlocked was on the MLB arcade ver. I tried this again for the play 1 lvl on 999 and again only on MLB arcade.

• 4 months later...
Step 1: Playthrough 1

Welcome to Gilverado. You can choose any character of your desire, although I recommend starting off with Rosa, as she is fairly easy to pick up. Now, to get the most out of your first playthrough, I recommend you follow the following paragraph exactly as I say to cross off 18 achievements off the bat.

Follow this Stage Path

C-1

C-2

B-1

A-2 (1st LIFE)

A-1 (2nd and 3rd LIVES)

B-2

Extra

Final (4th LIFE)

IMPORTANT: CHOOSE LEVEL 3 FOR ALL STAGES! DO NOT USE ANY BOMBS THROUGHOUT THIS PLAYTHROUGH

As soon as you enter C-1, you will unlock Opening Salvo. Shortly afterwards, you can pause the game and then unpause it to unlock Everything's Stopped!. Somewhere along this playthrough, you will die and unlock Resurgence, unless you’re Japanese or something. Beating the stage will unlock Boss Milking. Head on over to C-2 and defeat Bavaria to unlock Flame Dragon. Continue to B-1 and defeat Ulan to unlock Putting Down Roots. Go to A-2, picking up your 1st Life pickup along the way, and destroy Jordan to unlock Buried Alive. Loading into A-1, you will unlock Descent into Hell. You will also find your 2nd and 3rd Life pickup. Defeat Deathscythe to unlock Infernal Scythe. Plow through B-2 and defeat Sakura for the achievement Successor. Detour over to the Extra Level, The Gorge, to unlock The Twin Wyrms. Venture into the FINAL Level,Hades Castle and defeat Jitterbug to unlock Gatekeeper. Don’t forget to pick up the Final Life pickup for Sweet Tooth after you beat Jitterbug. Finally, defeat Tyrannosatan to net Emperor of Darkness, To Hell and Back, Explosives Prohibited, and one of the Daughter Achievements.

DO NOT SKIP THE CUTSCENE

You will now have a choice to either stay in Gilverado with your friends, or enter the portal in hopes of returning to the Real World. The choice is yours, and depending on it, you will receive 1 of two achievements.

Following this will net you 320http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif and 18 Achievement in the first 20-30 minutes of playing.

Minor nitpick: Since this is your first time playing, you'll be dying and continuing A LOT, especially once you enter death mode, so this will take every bit of 45 minutes.

Also, it has been mentioned that you can start a co-op game, let the 2nd player die, play normally through the game, and bring player 2 back into the game right before killing Tyrannosatan to get the "stay in Gilverado or go home" achievement for both characters, cutting necessary playthroughs in half. I'll test this today on an extra account and report back if it works.

• 3 months later...

Also, it has been mentioned that you can start a co-op game, let the 2nd player die, play normally through the game, and bring player 2 back into the game right before killing Tyrannosatan to get the "stay in Gilverado or go home" achievement for both characters, cutting necessary playthroughs in half. I'll test this today on an extra account and report back if it works.

It indeed works, just did it now myself. :woop:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I might add that for Deathsmiles Virtuoso an alternative path is

B1-C2-C1-B2-A1-A2-EX-HC

This way you get 2 bomb pickups (one from the car in B2 and one from the troll in A2) which means escaping one more lethal situation in the gorge. On the other hand you must not die after B2...

This may be the most useful information I have come across. This may hopefully push me past JB and into TS :drunk:woop:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This does work! I just played a co-op game, and ended up getting the choice achievement for Casper as well as the one for Rosa!

• 1 year later...