How similar is Skyrim to Oblivion?

Seraph Xii

And did you see the article where someone found morrowind and the imperial city in areas we arn't allowed to reach using console commands on the pc?!?!? These expansions for this game are going to be AWESOME.

I didn't see that, but now I'm super excited. Note to self to search for that.

On topic: seriously OP, just buy the game now. It is totally worth it. Easily one of the best games EVER MADE.

BUY IT! I'm a huge Fallout fan, and thought that FO3 was worth it's price tag, NV, meh, just, but Skyrim, WOW! By far the most incredible game I think i've played. It's HUGE! But it doesn't feel repetitive, each twist and turn gives you something different, and with levelling up, and the amended perk system (which IMO, is a superb way of doing it, use it to improve it), this is a no-brainer!

I've been living off beans-on-toast the past few days as cooking gets in the way of Skyrim, unless it's cooking IN Skyrim ;-)

Worth it's £45/$60? Abso-bloody-lutely . . . There's a perfectly good reason this is being quoted as GotY 2011, because it will be (even thought Batman: AC was astonishing too) . . .

Not to mention, it's Bethesda, meaning an absolute tonne of DLC, and who DOESN'T want to continue adventuring around Skyrim? I'm around 50hrs in (started it on Saturday 19/11) and i'm constantly sucked into Side & Misc. Quests, this game will keep me, and countless others going for a long, LONG time . . .

LOL waiting for the price to go down... cmon man is it really worth saving 30 bucks to delay getting one of the best games of the decade by several months?

Seems to be worth it to someone who doesn't believe in supporting things they enjoy or helping the crappy economy worldwide by spending a couple extra bucks.

I had simply planned to wait until I got paid again to pick up the game, but after watching my friend playing after we picked his copy up on release day I HAD to go get it, so I just put it on my credit card and got it later on release day.

Seems to be worth it to someone who doesn't believe in supporting things they enjoy or helping the crappy economy worldwide by spending a couple extra bucks.

I had simply planned to wait until I got paid again to pick up the game, but after watching my friend playing after we picked his copy up on release day I HAD to go get it, so I just put it on my credit card and got it later on release day.

Am I buying this game used? Am I pirating it? No.

Get off your high horse.

Thanks for all the replies relating to the differences between the two games however, really shed some light on it for me.

Am I buying this game used? Am I pirating it? No.

Get off your high horse.

Thanks for all the replies relating to the differences between the two games however, really shed some light on it for me.

Speaking of "high horses"....Horses can make a great buffer when jumping from high places. The horse usually dies though....shame.