1. 1. Do you prefer COD4 or RBSV2?

• Call of duty 4
    • Rainbow six vegas 2
    • I like them equally!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer RB6 Vegas 2. I love the cover system that was introduced in the first RB6 Vegas and I love the ability to customize your character with the outfitting options. I also like the ability to customize your weapon with any scope or attachment you desire. Not saying that COD4 is bad, it's a very good game, but I'm more on the tactical side of shoot'em ups than all out war.

Both games have very distinct aspects that lend a very unique and personal touch to both of the games. It's a hard choice to make but I'm sure that more people will be able to appreciate both games more than your average FPS game.

CoD4 is a great single-player experience as well as a more than enjoyable multiplayer one. The online multiplayer is a amazing feat and offers a lot of re-playability, customization, and fun. The game has a rather relaxed ranking system which really pulls through as you play through the ranking system time after time again on the prestige mode.

The ranks are spread out enough that they won't be achieved every other game, but not so much that you can't see any noticeable increase from the ranking. The ranks add a lot of depth to the game and the hoppers inside of the game allow you to quickly find a match and have a great playtime to wait time ratio.

Although the online is good the local play leaves a lot to be desired, with no co-op or online split-screen the game doesn't lend much to having people over. The achievements were 100% single-player though and were evenly spread throughout it. A good list overall, not too difficult but not overly easy.

CoD4 is definitely the more fast paced of the two games and is focused more on a continual offensive push against each other rather than a defensive stand still.

RBSV2 has an enjoyable story as well as deep customization options all balanced out with a fine multiplayer. The local play allows for some great co-op games as well as terrorist hunt which will allow you and your friends to enjoy the game. The customization is a great improvement over any other game on the market at this time, changing your avatar to reflect exactly how you want it to look is a great reminder of the fun you can have from editing appearance.

The ability to take cover on walls works very well in the single player campaign but when it comes to multiplayer it makes defending far too easy to accomplish provided that you are camping on a narrow hallway. Unless the player has prior knowledge of your location and a frag then without a highly coordinated strike no one can make a decent offensive strike.

The achievements are rather difficult when you consider the longevity of the game and then weigh it against the achievement. With about a 600 to 400 point favor of online most people are going to need a gold membership to score higher than a 50% on this game. Unfortunately unlike CoD4's ranking system the ranking system feels more like a chore than a add on. The ranking system is defiantly deeper but with more total EXP required and fewer levels trying to get from one rank to the next feels like a task for the hardcore gamers.

Overall I would pick CoD4 for it's online play. If you're more interested in a single player or local play experience than RBSV2 is definitely more suited to your task though.

My friend and I have this conversation nearly every day. Although COD has impressive online, I just got to 55 and thought it became boring. But with RBV2, it takes ages to get to Elite which makes it last a while, and you get to customize you guy, and can look like an separate team of say 3 or 4. Plus to me, the gameplay has never got boring.

But hey, that's just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for Vegas 2. Don't get me wrong I loved CoD4 but the mp became frustrating after awhile and didn't keep me entertained for long enough...especially when you start playing against people that are so brilliant you don't have a snowflake's chance in hell of killing many people. I also have no intention of destroying my love of the solo mode attemtping to get the full 1000 achievement points (mile high club anyone?).

Vegas is a better looking game imo, I love the tactics and intelligence that is required to clear a room/area which I still don't find repetitive. Terrorist Hunt with friends on realistic is awesome...just watch those A.C.E.S. go up! I love the online play because it forces you to work together to achieve the objective and nearly everyone I've met online actually uses the headset for what it was intended for - teamwork...not to bitch at someone because they killed you with martyrdom which is 'cheap'.

CoD4 is still a top game but for me RSV2 wins the fight.

• 1 month later...

wow people are actually voting for Vegas 2?!?! why i might ask? the game is so broken and glitchy in the single player. the game has made hardly any changes since the first one besides a few things. not to mention the vegas 2 basically copied the Cod 4 leveling up system to a certain degree. Sure its fun and all upgrading weapons and such in vegas 2 but the overall gameplay does not even come close to Cod 4.

Plus its funny how Cod 4 has more votes then Vegas and this is in the Vegas forum. Haha