Rockstar disappoints once again!

BiggD

Yeah, it hurts.. I'm looking forward to the next Map Pack too. Just wish they would release an update fixing the bugs where you can get out of the maps, turn invisible and fix up the netcoding abit.. I play this game alot online with my crew and it's pretty rough to be honest :(

I don't even have the Rockstar Pass and the lack of information is some Mickey Mouse shit. You expect more from a company that produces commercial behemoths like GTA, and is part of a publicly traded company (Take Two Interactive) it's like the QA and testing departments were really lax up at Rockstar Vancouver....

When it existed. Gotta remember they folded up RSV and open (or combined it?) with a new studio in another part of Canada. That's got to have an effect on this delayed DLC and certainly evidence of the DLC still being made and not just another case of content that was removed from the final game so gamers would pay even more money to get to it.

Is this the first instance of a company cocking up their intended DLC schedule?

The main reason I care is because I just want the NYM Co-op DLC. Already. But they say mid-late November and it's looking less likely.

Was just thinking the same thing and came on here to voice my disappointment.

Admittedly, I haven't played the game in awhile but I'm just sitting down with it now and enjoying myself. The fact that they still haven't learned to keep us in the loop is ridiculous, I thought better of Rockstar. First the delay, now this. I'm starting to think they'll just cancel the stuff and refund season pass holders.

This season pass has been a complete fiasco, and I regret buying it, especially after changing the content after it was released and all the delays. I will still buy a season pass for games that I enjoy, but I will not be buying another pass from rockstar until they prove they can deliver.

Was just thinking the same thing and came on here to voice my disappointment...The fact that they still haven't learned to keep us in the loop is ridiculous, I thought better of Rockstar. First the delay, now this. I'm starting to think they'll just cancel the stuff and refund season pass holders.

It sucks man, I hope they do in fact refund us. I mean, it could possibly come out this Tuesday on the 2nd, but still...so many delays really is disappointing.

This season pass has been a complete fiasco, and I regret buying it, especially after changing the content after it was released and all the delays. I will still buy a season pass for games that I enjoy, but I will not be buying another pass from rockstar until they prove they can deliver.

I've already decided that I'm no longer buying season passes from Rockstar. There are other companies that I know deliver their content on said dates, but Rockstar has irritated me at this point. I love the multiplayer so I wanna see the new maps and modes they've been promoting :(

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/10/02/max-payne-3-dlc-gets-delayed.aspx

Sold this trash about a week after release but I saw this thread when I accidentally clicked on Max Payne 3 instead of Mass Effect 3 and had just read this article. This is why season passes are a joke, I'd be screaming refund at this point if I had bought it.

Seriously. They announced about what, 6 DLC's I think? It's at 2 right now. Did they just say fuck it and move onto GTA V?

7 DLCs were initially announced, they released Local Justice, so that left 6.

Then R* announced they were 'consolidating' the remaining 6 packs into 3.

This Hostage Negotiation DLC will be the first of those 3.

@WalterWhite: You're not really linking to anything new there.

My advice too all, don,t buy these season passes realy ;) In so many cases i hear and see gamers complain about it. The most recent example of a terrible waste of money was the Saints Row 3 season pass where buyers got shafted with just a few extras in terms of homies and other early unlocks that anyone would get naturaly thru game progression, the real mission DLC,s where not even part of the season pass.

Besides this example i think most of us would be better off just buying the DLC they realy want seperate and enjoy them instead getting frustrated because they spend their hard earned cash on those overpriced season pass.

Nothing against Rockstar or Max Payne 3 tho, as goes for the announced upcoming DLC,s its fair to say its always better to have them done properly then trow them on the market untested and with so many bugs and glitches its no fun anymore either. Might be their team is torn between this and the upcoming GTA game, plus not to mention mabye, just mabye working on a new Red Dead game.

Definitely. They had them with Local Justice, why not this one? Probably the same type too (Do this thing on particular map, fully level up this new gun, etc.)

Maybe a 'survive 100 explosions with the bomb suit'.

I doubt the Bomb Suit will neutralise the effects of explosives. Maybe cause 75% damage and knock the wearer prone, giving you time to rush them before the get vertical again. It'll definitely be a heavy item like the Heavy Armour.

I'm way past caring. I really hope there's no more achievements, even with my 2400 points down the drain. Let's just put this game behind us. Amazing single player, music, graphics, story, superb gun play and a decent multiplayer... but I don't care anymore.

I opened up a support ticket on Rockstar's site asking for a refund. Please just cancel the DLC, refund everyone their season pass and let it die.

I'm way past caring. I really hope there's no more achievements, even with my 2400 points down the drain. Let's just put this game behind us. Amazing single player, music, graphics, story, superb gun play and a decent multiplayer... but I don't care anymore.

I opened up a support ticket on Rockstar's site asking for a refund. Please just cancel the DLC, refund everyone their season pass and let it die.

As much as I want to keep high hopes, I'm right there with you man. another Tuesday and still the September DLC is nowhere, it's such a shame their Season Pass was utter shit because as you said, the single-player, voice work, bullet time and music was such an amazing experience.

Please just cancel the DLC, refund everyone their season pass and let it die.

Damn right, would much rather have my 2400 back than some new maps that I'll never get to play on because hardly anyone else bought them or votes for them.

This was definitely the first and last season pass I've bought for any game.

Like others said I thought this was the best single player campaign I'd ever played, it was awesome.

I've enjoyed the multiplayer sometimes, I got to the 3rd legend, it just feels so stale and repetitive now though.

I played Red Dead a whole lot more, I liked how balanced and even all the matches were, everyone had access to the same guns, everyone had the same chances which made it a lot more fun.

What chance would the average new player have on MP3 these days with a ton of level 50's who refuse to legend running around in heavy armour and helmets with dual uzis or two sawn offs trolling everyone, even with a triple xp event it would be a struggle for some people to get to 50 with it like that. It would have been way better with larger maps and had everyone starting with the same guns and let guns be found around the map during the match like in previous Rockstar games.

Just a horrible broken multiplayer in so many ways, so many bugs and glitches it's unreal, it was kinda fun while it lasted but I'm definitely past caring also.

Hopefully GTA 5 will be more evenly balanced like 4 was and Red Dead, MP3 multiplayer is just a mess, it never really caught on from day 1 except for the small group which is getting even smaller each day.

Edited by Phunky

I agree 100% with the previous 3 posts. Season passes are only in their infancy and already so many people have been totally turned off them due to let downs and rip offs. I have the Borderlands 2 and BF3 season passes, at least I know I wont be let down on quality there.

This Max Payne debacle has turned a lot of people against the once invincible R*, if GTA doesnt do well on the back of this then R* are gonna be on shaky ground