The Blackout Thread

LickableLemons7

Since everybody is posting crazy shit on here I think it's time for me to get away from the internet for now. Probably won't enter the Halo 4 forums until I finish the campaign.

I'll add one more thread here before everything gets even shittier and Halo 4 gets spoiled for me. Then it's off to the Halo 5 forums to create a child abuse thread. Or whatever it is that the early guys wanted. And I mean Gheuh2.

POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ALSO PLAN TO BLACKOUT.

The vid here is spoiler free, it's just a reminder for people to be careful.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihFbxWEghIs&feature=g-all-u]News: Halo 4 Leaked - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by LickableLemons7

Hey I'm taking a bit of a break from publishing guides to assist this forum more before all hell breaks loose as we get closer to launch date.

What exactly is bothering you about this forum. Why the blackout?

What do you wish to see? Not see?

This message is to everyone. How can I help this forum??

Cheers! ;)

From the looks of it, I'm guessing some spoiler-related stuff happened in this part of the forum, or is it just a precaution? Better safe than sorry I suppose, wish you the best during your hiatus of this part of the forum. :p

What exactly is bothering you about this forum. Why the blackout?

What do you wish to see? Not see?

Cheers! ;)

Maybe a temporary spoilers-related announcement in the forum, similar to the one found in Gears of War 3 (Link) to remind people of posting such things.

Just use a bit of intellegence before clicking a video clip, if you don't want any of the campaign spoiled don't click the link or enter any thread about the campaign, I don't think any of us want the story spoilt too much.

Personally I want to see what the multiplayer maps are like and what changes we are getting. I was mighty shocked with the reveal [spoiler=ID]on the new flood infection mode, how they kept that from leaking so long was amazing

, other than that nothing much I've not heard via word of mouth.

I spent 2 hours at weekend just watching videos on the new forgeworld, its looking amazing, so many neat additions from making it quicker to make a map to game mode changing traits. Thats not really spoiler material just showing you new tools and what to expect from a crafting angle.

Edited by theNomad
added spoiler tag

Just use a bit of intellegence before clicking a video clip, if you don't want any of the campaign spoiled don't click the link or enter any thread about the campaign, I don't think any of us want the story spoilt too much.

I agree, as long as people include a decent description on the title like, 'campaign footage' or 'campaign gameplay' then that should be enough of a warning not to click if you don't want to ruin it for yourself.

I think the best thing you can do is open up a Halo 5 forum early and let me get to the bottom of some people's childhood issues.

I went to college for half a semester for computer engineering, so I think my credentials speak for themselves when I say I'm fit to be a psychologist for the fine forumgoers of x360a.

To be serious though, it would be nice if we could avoid having 50 threads of people spamming their youtube videos trying to get subscribers. It happens every time a big release comes out, and even for non-competitive games like Borderlands 2, you can see a few people who just spam their videos trying to make those big youtube bux.

I don't know how you could counter this other than having more mods paying attention to the forums or something. Making a dedicated video thread could help too, maybe.

I'm officially blacked out now. I'm fine with speculation threads, but if it looks like anything confirmation-related, I skirt it. The weapon videos on Waypoint were the last things I watched and I don't want to know anymore. I find Halo to be more enjoyable when I don't know everything about it before launch ^_^

Unfortunately I don't think there will be a Halo 5 forum until they show us the first official footage of the game. It's already confirmed, but that seems to be how the mods work with trilogy announcements (maybe Dead Like Me could get the Halo 5 forum put online within a day or 2 of H4's launch so that we have somewhere to go and speculate on what will happen in Halo 5 *bats eyelashes*)

• 2 weeks later...

http://i47.tinypic.com/70hpxw.jpg

John wake up your needed...

With the game now on almost every p2p sharing network online. 100's of thousands playing and downloading it right now, while some of us have got another month to wait. I think its now time to dust off Lemons BLACKOUT THREAD.

Everything Halo related online now is going to have some dude who has played 4 and no doubt will be only too happy to share his/her opinion on the game. I really hope the mod/admins here on 360a are aware and monitoring this like vultures.

I think I'm gonna stick to ps3 for a little while, for some reason most those guys tend to hate MS and the Halo franchise. So I'll probably be safer from spoilers.

There's so many piles of dung that are being flown all over the Internet now...the amount of people that have leaked copies of the game are WAY more than I was anticipating! And this early!

Updated the OP with a video, hopefully a helpful reminder to those who plan on "blacking out."

I'm seriously out of these forums until I beat the campaign now. Seriously. Not even going to enter a multiplayer thread about grifball, or about The Thursday War (unfortunately), it's too risky.

Adieu everybody.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ypn0y32Ac]I'll Be Back - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by LickableLemons7